Reviews for Do You Really Feel Alive Without Me?
L164 chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
That was an absolutely amazing piece of writing and you should be really proud of this.

Such an beautiful story it nearly made me cry. :) xx
Darthme1011 chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
very good
LPlover chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
This got me job as always ;)
SocietyGirl chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
That is one of the saddest and sweetest one shot I have read. I love that you are careful to show how the breakdown of a marriage is not always just one person's fault or due to one person's actions. It is an important lesson to learn.

I love how your Lucas believe's in their love so much that he refuses to sign the papers. It was on the hardest things about Season 5, learning that Lucas has just given up on them, and that Peyton had always clung to their TLA, that deep in her heart she knew they were meant to be together.

I think your one shot was the perfect length and your storytelling has an excellent rhythm. Sometimes a oneshot should really be multiple chapters, but I think your timeline and layout really worked. The reader is given a good sense of time and related events, so you understand the evolution and downfall of their relationship.

I absolutely loved it, which I rarely do. Keep writing, your stories are excellent.

xoxo - SG
jamyj30 chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
great story, loved it
tast3the3RAiiNBOW chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
I love how different this is from your usual writing. Things can't be happy all the time. Gotta throw in some angst in there every once in a while.
RJMoonspell4 chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
good post
crazyjan chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
I really loved this story. It was so off kilter and sad at times. It totally reminded me of Season 5. I like how you reversed the roles here. In this story Lucas' love never waivered and he would not give up on the relationship. In Season 5 Peyton was that way. Her love for Lucas was always there and she wanted them to be together. In the story Peyton was consumed by her hurt and she gave up on the relationship like Lucas did in Season 5. I loved how determined Lucas was to win back his wife. Peyton didn't stand a chance. In the end they got their marriage back and their family.
Caitlyn Rose chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
"You're moving out"

"The hell I am."

"Either you are, or I am. And I'm not. That leaves you."

Love that little exchange of dialogue. Great work overall, I really enjoyed it!
MichelleBell16 chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
This story was so heartbreaking, yet full of love at the same time if that makes any sense at all...I was totally captivated the entire time reading it, especially when Peyton finally admitted to Lucas that she was so upset because he wasn't there, but with Lindsey when she miscarried, even though she knew it wasn't his fault.

I was so excited for them at the end when Peyton became pregnant again, and I was hoping that the story would continue and we'd get to see Peyton have the baby and what an incredible moment that would be for them. So I'm really hoping you have a 2nd one shot in the works as a follow up to this :) But if not, that's ok...I loved reading this one and can't wait to read your next stories!
jelizabeth23 chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
Gah! So freaking heartbreaking but brilliant. I absolutely love how you put these two through such challenges in your stories, but they always come out together no matter the obstacles. I hadn't even realized the feelings Peyton had associated with Lucas just being with Lindsey when the miscarriage happened. You just blow my mind.
Juzzy88 chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
That was awesome! and they got there happily ever after in the end...
SmH-ac chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
So tonight I got to sit around and talk about art and the topic turned to ideas around authenticity and how it relates to the portrayal of stereo and archetypes. The consensus was that they obviously provide relatively important cultural reference points (among a variety of other things) but they also can be really dangerous when used by artists who lack either the ability or the creativity (I tend to think of these things as being closely related, but still somewhat different) to portray them in any sort of interesting way. The work beings to feel like a giant paint by numbers project and you just get the feeling that they are just regurgitating things that they have always seen, or imitating how they have been told things should be.

That's what is so great here: You take what could be a standard scenario (great relationship, tragedy, aftermath) and refused to let it rehash things that have been done before. It feels authentic (which is one of the most important things for an artist to be, in my opinion) and that you are telling a story about a specific circumstance, not merely describing a generic scenario.

Your writing never feels like you are describing something that happened on TV, and okay so considering what this is that's kind of a paradox, but I am hoping that you will understand what I mean by that, but if you need me to explain it I can.

I have a feeling you do this a lot, and I just happened to notice it tonight because of my previous conversation (and possibly the whiskey) but this idea of finding an original way into an idea just seems so apparent here.

Scenes to back this up: Her inability to tell him she loved him, him fixing the garbage disposal on the morning after and the two scenes with Lindsay. The second instance where Peyton is talking about him being with Lindsay while she miscarried is really, really powerful and adds such an interesting (and original) element to the entire thing.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Awesome. Catch ya on the flp side.
HJS-NS-23 chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
aww i loved this one shot. it was angsty and heartbreaking but he wouldn't sign the papers and he loved her and kept fighting and she came back to him. amazing job! i cant wait to read more of your stories.