Reviews for Marjorie
constantlearner chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
Beautifully done - and sympathetic and fair to all the characters involved. Thank you.
mlktrout chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
This is really nice-a bittersweet recollection of a story that could very well have happened. I found myself smiling mistily at the end, remembering their exchange at the end of "Bellona" and thinking "darn!" because Marjorie would have made a good match for him too, if Harriet hadn't come along. Excellent writing style too.
Dickensian812 chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
That was nice. I adore Harriet, but Marjorie is a good character in her own way, and this is a very interesting glimpse into her mind.
flower pot girl chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
Sad but in a lovely way. I reread this the other day and it so fits with the characters. Thank you
ShakNali chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
Peter's an easy person to have a crush on - I don't blame her one bit.
Captain Weirdo chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
Well done!

cw
charverz chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
I don't know that I would describe Marjorie Phelps as a "minor character", as she appears in two books (admittedly primarily as an aid to Lord Peter's investigations). It is almost as if Dorothy L. Sayers created her for possible future use as a romantic interest.
fledge chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
A very sweet and sad little piece - it's amazing what you can do with such a minor character. Peter is very much in character, too, down to his manner of speech.

There's one question I'd like to ask you, though:

he likes them hot and fast, or classic and custom-built

now which of these is Harriet in your opinion? She's nor hot and fast imho, it takes here years and years before her "placet" in Oxford, and she's most certainly not custom-built either, so classic? But there's hardly anything classic about her pre-Strong Poison affair, is there?
Azdak chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
It's always good to see more Wimseyfic!

"he likes them hot and fast, or classic and custom-built" is a wonderful line. And it's so true!