Reviews for Breakeven
hj
Guest chapter 9 . 5/5/2014
Great story
Lackadaisical Pajamas chapter 9 . 7/1/2012
Simply one of the best story I've ever read. just amazing i loved every chapter! you have a gift and dont let anyone tell you other wise.
SeddieThunder chapter 9 . 5/8/2011
Sorry I've been absent and lame and lazy xD Loved the chapter, can't wait for more :) I'll see what I can do about editing but... I have an AP test on Tuesday and I'll probably be busy indefinitely after that so... I'll just have to put in extra effort to remember to start on that before school lets out, or else I'll never get around to it ;) Ummm, yeah, can't wait for the next chapter! Toodles
anonymous chapter 9 . 5/3/2011
pleaseplease update! and no more carly freddie scenes please!
Pieequals36 chapter 9 . 4/28/2011
Another chapter? :) I'm so happy you're planning on finishing this one, this is one of the first multi-chaptered fic's I got into in the fandom. Everytime I read it I get all nostalgic.

Anyways, I like that you stay true to Carly and Sam's friendship. It feels like you get the importance of that in the dynamic of the story. You don't forget about Carly or sideline her and I think that's super important. It's also refreshing to see that their interactions are so (and I hate using this term) "in character". What I mean by that is that when they converse or interact it's something I can see happening.

The same goes for Carly and Freddie' relationship. Again, it's so important and it's often sidelined in fiction. I'd imagine besides being something of a catalyst in their relationship I can also see her being a sore spot. Anyway, I know that's not important to this chapter but I just wanted to say how much I liked that you intergrate her in the plot. It makes me happy :P

Sam showing up in the middle of the night to Freddie's party is an action I think is intrinsic to her character. I loved loved loved her brithday present. Such a Sam-like thing to do. I couldn't imagine her going out and buying something, this was a much better idea. My favourite part of the whole chapter is actually in this scene:

"Freddie picked the flash drive out of the box, squinting as if the action would morph it into something else. "What's on this?"

Sam shrugged. "Just some stuff."

"Likeā€¦?"

"Stuff."

Freddie rolled his eyes. "Helpful. Hand me my laptop."

Sam looked over her shoulder and then back at him. "Yeah, I think not."

"Why must you be so obnoxious?"

"Why must you speak like a nub?"

- Don't ask, I don't know why, but it all just seemed so natural and I could VIVIDLY picture it. It's very rare that happens with me, but this just flowed. I love it when you write Sam/Freddie conversation or interaction. It's totally your strength because it's effortless. At least reading it is, but I would assume that something that good would come effortlessly to you to. You have a hold on the characters and a fantastic understanding of Sam. I like her gradual growing but you hang on to those personality aspects that make her, her.

I still adore this story. I'd forgotten that until you reappeared again :) Cannot wait to see how this ends! Don't stop writing again, you keep me entertained lol
SeddieLove4Ever chapter 9 . 4/26/2011
This story is absolutely amazing. I can't really find the word to describe how awesome this is, I can't wait for the next chapter, I hope you'll upload it soon! :) Oh, and iCabal is amazing good work to all the writers in that group ;]
Exquisite Defect chapter 3 . 4/24/2011
My favorite parts of this were:

- the cell phone scene

- his worries about why the door is unlocked

- sexy as hell vs. utterly disturbing

- her logic about in person vs. a text

- uncomfortable
Exquisite Defect chapter 2 . 4/24/2011
I absolutely love her explaining the symbolism. That was a fantastic way to go! My favorite part.

Telling us about the song change also had an impact on my reading. I enjoyed it.

I love her voice when she talks!

I like that you mentioned when something she did was out of character.

Oh, Carly's response! I'm pleased with where this is going!
champagne-and-razor-blades chapter 9 . 4/21/2011
This story is amazing! I seriously love every single bit of it.. please upddate soon!
myjumpingsocks chapter 9 . 4/20/2011
I'm happy they're spending some time together, and I'm looking forward to more.
Cassie chapter 9 . 4/19/2011
Loved this chapter, please update soon!3
01110011100001111 chapter 9 . 4/19/2011
This was a fun chapter to read actually. The stuff with Mrs. Benson and Spencer was quite amusing. I always enjoy it when she finds other targets for her pathological need to nurture. Spencer's almost permanently confused, so he makes a good candidate for it. Something tells me her preferred type of soap is the type that burns your skin right off.

Of course Sam had to show up randomly in the small hours of the morning. Her gift was interesting. An old flash drive? I'm curious about it's contents!

They worked through the bit of drama concerning Carly and the kiss realistically, given the parameters of their relationship, and I really enjoyed the last scene of the chapter. I don't think I've given you props for your dialogue yet, so here's some: it's always very entertaining!
hartful13 chapter 9 . 4/19/2011
Ah a class dine and dash nice one on that. Yea, that is how you resolve it a walk on the town for mischief. love this quote...

"Yeah, well, I'm not exactly throwing up rainbows to see your face either."

homage to Emma huh lol... good stuff please keep it up
everythingthatsparkles12 chapter 9 . 4/19/2011
Another good chapter.. I just really love this whole story. & I wanna know what's on that flash drive! (;