Reviews for Without Disappointment There Can be No Hope
this fic started out fairly interesting and i considered finishing all 27 chapters even though it hasn't updated in 4 years, but i think it's best to stop here.

the writing style isn't bad per se, but there's that consistently unbalanced narrative-to-dialogue ratio (the narrative outweighs dialogue) that made me.. a little put out of the story. like there was more telling than showing, more action than interaction. and while this kind of style isn't always bad- in this case there was relatively little dynamic action going on; the characters felt almost too composed, too complaisant, and too quiet (even for personalities such as Bella's and Carlisle's); and as a result i, as a reader, felt quite disconnected. also as a result, Bella and Carlisle's obviously growing mutual infatuation seemed rather sudden, insipid, and very superficially-sparked. (and somewhat juvenile on Bella's part, because for a 27-year-old who's dealt with attraction before, you'd think she'd be more self-aware about why she's blushing and getting heart palpitations... though it's understandable, perhaps, if she was in denial)

on the other hand, what i did like for all of 3 chapters is how, sometimes, the "quietness" of this story made it feel mysterious.. like the calm before a storm. i think this fic still has plenty of potential and room for development in the later chapters which i may completely miss out on since where it's heading now doesn't seem to be my cup of tea. it has its flaws, but it wasn't that terrible a way to pass the time. it's still better than a lot of other Carlisle x Bella fics i've come across, i must admit.
PineappleSmoothie3.0 chapter 27 . 5/31/2016
OMG YOU GOTTA CONTINUE THIS IS AWESOME!
radix chapter 27 . 8/11/2015
Gonna finish this awesome story?
Goldielover chapter 27 . 12/9/2014
Loving this one. Carlisle is the best. Hope to see it updated some day.
babesbraves chapter 27 . 5/8/2014
I know it's been over a year but please think about writing more to this fantastic story!
Jaspersmate1983 chapter 27 . 4/24/2014
Love the story! Waiting for the next chapter! Can't wait to see what happens next.
Matthias Stormcrow chapter 9 . 2/2/2014
Cool chapter I love it.
Matthias Stormcrow chapter 6 . 2/2/2014
Awesome.
Matthias Stormcrow chapter 5 . 2/2/2014
Well done I love it. What is gonna happen next.
Matthias Stormcrow chapter 4 . 2/2/2014
Cool chapter.
Matthias Stormcrow chapter 3 . 2/2/2014
Wonderful chapter i love it.
Matthias Stormcrow chapter 2 . 2/2/2014
Well done I love it.
Matthias Stormcrow chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
Wow this is an interesting start. I love it.