Reviews for Galatea
Marina chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
Oh, this is lovely!
Cascaper chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
Poor Courfeyrac, Jolllly too, but especially Grantaire... no one appreciates everyday art, do they C? Or love clear as day, eh Grantaire? And Jolllly, don't worry, you'll get through those exams somehow.
EnjorlasRamin K chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
What's Enjorlas's character like exactly, I hope to read the book soon.
EntirelyInsane chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
Awww. *sad little coo* Poor Grantaire. Such a bittersweet ending to an otherwise hilarious little story...
Princess of Poland chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
"Panic?" I was almost not breathing because I was laughing so hard. Excellent story, funny and witty.
Insanemistosingsmore chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
it figures that the mistress would catch sight of it and kick him out...with the offending clothes following...not sure I would want to witness it, but whatever...poor Joly might end up failing that one...
Soot chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
you are so right. envious! i want to play with enjolras's hair! *pouts sulkily*
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
That was wickedly funny! This is the funniest Les Mis fic I have read in a really long time. Splendidly done! And I am proud to say that I understood every single classical allusion you made. Well Done!
LesMisLoony chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
Oh my word. I haven't laughed this hard at a fic in a really, really long time. I was delighted throughout the beginning sequence, but it wasn't until Joly became a baby-killer and referenced Swift that I was literally laughing aloud. And then I kept laughing through the whole story. Courfeyrac is just... perfect! He's delightful. And-gasp!-I genuinely liked your Enjolras! I love the image of him holding his long hair back with both hands. And Courfeyrac fixating on the curls and hating Enjolras for them had me giggling.

Hilarious fic that's also in character. Wonderful. If I hadn't added you to my favourite authors years ago I'd do it again...
Bramblefox chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
I love your Courfeyrac. Period. He's just's like a puppy with a streak of vanity! And I have no words to describe how much I love this story and your new streak of writing hilarious Les Amis interactions, so I shall sign off here. :D
Mme Bahorel chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
This is adorable! Especially Joly attempting to study and killing babies (I LOLed very hard over that one).

And yay for a Courfeyrac who *does* know how to use a curling iron :)
Arduenna chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
This was fantastic. Fabulous characterisation, several laugh out loud moments, and it was very sweet as well. Very nice.
ColonelDespard chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
Did you hear the “e” all the way from Australia? I’m sure I broke a few sonics laws with a force and pitch that went around the globe! Please take all the usual superlatives as read, because I adore it. Thank you a thousand times!

I need a macro that just repeats “your characterizations are a marvel, and I love how you write the Amis both as individuals and interacting in an ensemble piece”, because it holds true for everything you write.

Specifics? Joly’s studies! He nearly manages to steal the show from the focus characters, and given that those characters are Courfeyrac and Enjolras, that’s quite a feat (giggled like mad over his baby killing and Bossuet’s quick aside to Courfeyrac and Grantaire on the “p” word not being what they thought).

Courfeyrac is up to your usual brilliance – his reflection that he needs no help getting out of his clothes, followed later by deciding to see if he could get “Josephine” to rip off a few more buttons, is just…Courfeyrac. The serpentine attempt to seduce Joly with the bottle of wine to come play, and his genuine…if not concern, then helpfulness in cutting Enjolras’ hair is lovely.

Enjolras has all that charm that Hugo refers to which so rarely makes the translation to fanfic – it’s all the more potent because he’s so completely unconscious of it. I’d like to know what was running through his head when he had a chance to leave off the textbooks, whether it be urban guerilla strategic adaptations of the latest treatise on warfare he’s read, or running through the pantheon of mythical creatures to find a few more to apply to the industrial revolution. And of course, dwelling on his hair is totally canonical, given Hugo’s persistent references to it.

Grantaire is gorgeous. So utterly sweet that it was his little puppy-retriever effort that inspired the radiant incandescence in his idol and brought him to life. His attitude towards Enjolras here is, again, rather more in keeping with the book than the vast majority of fanon that has him constantly sniping at the man he loves and venerates. The final touch is very poignant (although thank goodness Enjolras doesn’t know he has a few strands of his hair). There are lovely subtleties…Enjolras keeping a finger on his place in the book when he rises to accept Grantaire’s homage, for example.

And Prouvaire and Bahorel off to hang out with Borel and co! AmZ has given the bousingot spelling – the other that was also used was bousingo / les bousingos without the ‘t’.

I love this par almost enough to ask if I can nick it for a sig:

“You are neither a Sampson or a Saint-Just,” Courfeyrac informed him grandly. “Your flowing blond locks do not give you strength, nor do they make you the envy of all the other, less fashionable representatives-on-mission. Step into the nineteenth century, my friend!”
AmZ chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
I found myself reading this attentively to the end, which is extraordinarily rare with me and Amis fics. It's quite good. And I never thought I'd have occasion to write this sequence of words, but all the baby-killing was hilarious!

A couple of place could use the editor's pen (bousingots, "'I have a plan.' 'You shall?'") but overall, very impressive!
TheHighestPie chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
This is simply charming, when it's not busy breaking my heart. I laughed aloud more than once. Few people are lucky enough to get a birthday present as lovely as this.