Reviews for Three Long Mountains and a Wood
ItsMeMia chapter 3 . 8/7/2013
I've been a fan of your stories for a while now, but I wasn't registered before and thought I'd register one day so I could finally review your stories, but real life always came in the way. But today I took the time to register, so I could tell you how in love with your stories I am. I read this story today and I was so into it that I nearly missed my bus stop on my way to work :)

You write Emily and Hotch so incredibly well and the smut you write in your other stories is hot but tasteful. Keep up the great work!
emilyhotchner-olicity-bethyl chapter 3 . 4/9/2013
I'm glad his there for her! I love it! Hope she'll be fine
emilyhotchner-olicity-bethyl chapter 2 . 4/9/2013
The jerk tried to rape emily?! I'm gonna kill him! Thanks hotch for saving em! What's really going on?
emilyhotchner-olicity-bethyl chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
Emily! Hotch to the rescue!
Hotly81173 chapter 3 . 8/20/2012
I really loved this story. It hit home for me as well. I had my own scare 9 yrs ago at the age of 30. Did the whole mammogram, biopsy and a lot of waiting. Everything turned out fine but waiting those 2 weeks for the results about drove me insane. I am so glad that you are ok. Cancer is a serious enough scare to make you reevaluate your life.
I agree it ends on a very positive note... but still left me wanting more :)
Pheonix1995 chapter 3 . 4/25/2012
Poor Emily - at least she now has Hotch! :) Great Story! :D
starryeyes12 chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
great story
lilz54 chapter 3 . 5/19/2010
Wow! Didn't see this ending coming. You completely captured the emotions one goes thru when they have been told that they may have cancer. I was given that same diagnosis quite a few years ago. I remember having the same thoughts as Emily - who would want me, love me after something like that. I seriously thought my husband would leave me because I was no longer going to be the woman he married. But that never happened, his love for me never waivered and I can picture Hotch doing the same with Emily.
lilz54 chapter 2 . 5/19/2010
Sooo glad Hotch came to the rescue. Can't wait to find out what's going on with Emily.
lilz54 chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
Didn't like the cliff hanger. Did love the way Hotch talked himself into justifying his actions. Can't wait to read what happens next.
starofoberon chapter 3 . 5/16/2010
Wow. Thoroughly compelling. The first two parts were posted before I got on ffn, so the whole thing was new to me.

As always, your characterizations are dead-on. Your images are great and you have a light hand with dialog.

People who become copy editors are born hopelessly anal-retentive, so forgive me, but I would suggest you rearrange a couple words in the opener to one paragraph: "..He'd never held her period really..." I keep getting a vision of Hotch trying to grasp her menstrual cycle. [And that's a majorly icky image] Maybe with a comma insertion? he's never really held her, period?

It's a tribute to what a graceful writer you are that this phrase even sticks out!

Keep up the fantastic story-telling!

~ Kitty
PrincessHotch chapter 3 . 5/16/2010
All i can say is that this story was BEAUTIFUL. You did an excellent job telling it and i feel that you left it on a positive note. Regardless of what the next chapters in their lives will be...Emily is finally being positive. Thank you for this story.
BURN3 chapter 3 . 5/16/2010
I had totally forgotten about this great story of yours. Loved the tone you set for your characters.

Do you watch Castle? The way you write your characters would fit perfectly in that Verse.

Thanks.

p.s. I'm really glad that everything turn out o.k. for you.
W.S.C. Magica De Spell chapter 3 . 5/16/2010
I love the quote at the bottom.
FunFlirtyFlute chapter 3 . 5/16/2010
While I can't completely relate to having a health scare as horrific and traumatizing as the one you must have been through (even just mentally) I can COMPLETELY understand your reasoning. Cancer is a frightening reality...my aunt died of brain cancer a couple of years back...and it's one lots of people have a hard time facing. I'm very happy that you are healthy and fine and I applaud you for writing such a touching story -XOXO Casey