Reviews for Pied Piper: A Labyrinth Fairy Tale
Sambucivox chapter 1 . 7/9
Recruitment Methods for a Goblin Army: case Study. :)
What a perfectly written story.
J.R. Godwin chapter 1 . 4/25
I'm astounded at how good this is. I could easily see it in a published collection of original stories. I smiled at Jareth's speech. Even though he never identifies himself, strictly speaking, you can tell from his mannerisms and way of talking that it's him. I've never trusted stories where he's been defanged and declawed. He is, after all, a villain, and I enjoyed you playing up his monstrous aspects here.
Aurora Kemanche chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
I just have to say this is really fantastic. Not only was the writing great (seriously you had me hooked from the start), but the way you were able take this classic poem and turn it into a believable story from a Labyrinth perspective was brilliant. I mean there are so many parallels within the poem and Labyrinth. There's the more obvious mythical being that steals children, wears outrageous clothing, and has a penchant for music - but there's also the description of the pied piper (tall, light hair, no beard, and green and blue eyes) from the poem. And I always found it interesting that he chose to take the children away rather than drown them like the rats. Where he took them is completely up to interpretation.

Sorry for the rambling, but I just love it when people find different literary or even real life subjects that correlate with the Labyrinth.
Thaliesin chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
Excellent story! Love your style of writing. What happened in Hamelin Germany has fascinated me for years, since apparently those children did actually disappear in 1184 without explanation, which give it this extra hint of 'oh-shit'. I love your version of The Pied Piper being a Fae, to me makes more sense then it being a random mythical figure and gave it an extra layer of understanding. And be it our favourite Goblin King ;) A and thumbs up! I very much enjoyed reading this :)
TheRealEatsShootsAndLeaves chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
Well, now. What have we here? Perhaps the creepiest, most inhuman Jareth I've ever read? A rat-eating Goblin Owl, wearing a skirt of dead rodents, and probably smelling the worse for it, lamenting the loss of tasty, drowned meat, is a fine, frightening fellow.
Damaged Ethel, who persuades the frightening Piper to spare the children from death, but is afraid to follow where they are bound, is a fine, frightened survivor.
This story reads like poetry and scares like a bump in the night. Bravo.
wondergirl329 chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
Breathtaking. I adore this. Perhaps did the children change to goblins?
Zayide chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
how horribly beautiful...the story has always held a placed fear in my heart. not for the piper but for the rats.
J Luc Pitard chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
Lovely! The ways of the fey- why fight it? Indeed. Loved your Ethel. She reminds me of someone who once questioned the fairness of our mighty king's bargains... both of them seemed to get what they wanted, though.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
Admerxin13 chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Wow this is a really well written story! I love how you characterized everyone!
FarGreenCountrySwiftSunrise chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
This is among the best characterizations for Jareth I have ever seen. Thank you for writing this.
Jalen Strix chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Absolutely gorgeous retelling of the Pied Piper's tale from Jareth's perspective. Thank you for a lovely read!
Ruya Firtina chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Wow-that was amazing. It's almost like a creation story of how the Goblin King came to be. It's amazing.
silfursvik chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
i don't know how you did it, but you make an already creepy fairytail a dozen times scarier. awesome job with this story! i woudn't change a thing; i absolutely loved the way you wrote it!
White Ivy chapter 1 . 9/24/2011