Reviews for Crime and Crème Brûlée
Ziodyne967 chapter 4 . 10/14/2014
This makes me lol every time!
Je Love You chapter 4 . 1/18/2014
This was amazing. There needs to be more Kanji/Naoto in the world, especially like this.
sunloathe chapter 4 . 8/19/2013
This was brilliant! I normally shy away from first-person fics, but the way you wrote Naoto's is fantastic, and the matter-of-fact edge of humour you added made it a lot more engaging than other first-person POVs I've read.

Kudos to the way you handled that amazing climax. Rise was right; it did turn out to be like some kind of unfortunate soap opera, and it was absolutely hilarious to see it pan out and lead up to that massive confrontation. The conclusion was the tiniest bit unsatisfying for me at first, but ultimately I liked how it finished with that hilariously awkward, adorable, perfectly-in-character exchange between the two of them, and that the (no doubt also hilariously awkward and adorable) events thereafter are left up to the reader.

My favourite gags: Kanji's threats to hop on a plane out of his concern for Naoto, and the ridiculous noodle implements that made up Souji's proposal plan. You had me rolling with laughter with the image of a fog machine and Souji in a T-rex suit, seriously!
Excellent fic! :) x
Purple Handprint chapter 4 . 6/13/2013
This was amazing.
Natzo chapter 4 . 6/15/2011
Oh my god this was great, I'm loving all of your stories. Though I really never see Naoto going for Kanji, you make it work quite fine.
Ikasury chapter 4 . 2/13/2011
epic... that whole last build up scene was perfect... especially the part where she bluntly admits it without even realizing it... then snaps at everyone to get the f*ck out! XD

truly epic...

till next *salute-waves* Sayounara, Ray!

-Ikasury
psychedelic aya chapter 4 . 12/16/2010
This is probably my favorite fic from your collection. I'd write a much longer detailed review but my cheeks are still sore from laughing and smiling too much, and I'm afraid my giggling hasn't stopped.

Great characterization to all of them as always; I loved how you did Naoto's perspective! The addition of Souji/Rise to this Naoto-centric fic was great too. I really, really loved it. Great job!
Blazehawkins chapter 4 . 12/11/2010
Great plot, but I was a little disappointed how it ended. Ah well, great story nonetheless!
Wolfic chapter 4 . 4/24/2010
Though I don't usually read fics with first person narration, this fic was undoubtly an exception. I immensely enjoyed the narration from Naoto's perspective and how in character it was.

On a further note, being a massive SoujixRise fan, this fic just kept getting better and better.

Thank you for writing this.
frik1000 chapter 4 . 4/7/2010
Woo I loved this :D, a nice and sweet short story that I really enjoyed reading. Though I wish you would have also put in Kanji and Naoto talking about what happened, but still great on writing.
Ainmosni chapter 4 . 1/1/2010
Souji's proposal antics with the t-rex suit and everything made me literally spit my soda all over my computer keyboard. And the pandemonium of the conclusion: god it was perfect. I'm wowed. I love how Naoto says she loves Kanji without even realizing she's said it. It's just perfect. Great job!

-Ainmosni
Ainmosni chapter 3 . 1/1/2010
"He waves his hand negligently and I place my recorder/gps/scientific calculator/radio/compass/strobe light between us (I made it last year; I could do better now)" Naoto's character in a giant technological nutshell. I love it.

More excellent bits of characterization here. I love the little bits about the baklava vendor and the owner of Taste of Djibouti. Real gems of humor there, but they're so subtle.

And Naoto is such an ass when it comes to caring. Poor Kanji (and poor Naoto).

One question though. Are they in a relationship or just really close to being in one? Because they seem quite familiar but not like they've been together (romantically) for long. It doesn't really matter, I'm just curious.

-Ainmosni
Ainmosni chapter 2 . 12/31/2009
“Later. I have to get ready for the alligator scene.” I love Rise. Seriously.

Naoto's "wishing I was there with Kanji" part on the phone is adorable. I also really like your use of first person. It works in the style of the parody and for Naoto.

Good work.
Ainmosni chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
I swore that I already reviewed this, but apparently I didn't. I had a cold at that point, so it's possible that the review for this story is floating out there somewhere. Too much cough syrup. Which gives me an excellent lead in to a review.

I would type the words *squeal* but in an effort to retain my dignity, I will refrain. Anyway, this is just so fricking cute. (Wow, I'm so eloquent today). I love the parody of old crime novels and film noir. It's perfect for Naoto and you execute it well.

Favorite part though: “It has...kittens on it.”

SQUEAL! Ah crap.

Really great. I love it!
Lady Cheshire chapter 4 . 10/27/2009
Tried to leave a lengthy review yesterday and refuted me. After a night of carefully plotting revenge, I'm back for a second attempt and an apology for not reviewing earlier.

First of all, I love reading from Naoto's POV. Especially the line about the pine cone in her throat (had the poor judgement to read that chapter at work, but I think I covered my laugh with a cough). Her thoughts are so bitingly sharp but level-headed at the same time.

A lot of lines stood out to me, but the cohesiveness of the story is the most noticeable. Anyone can write a good one-liner, but writing a string of them and making them work shows real skill. Thanks for an amazing story, sorry I'm not more on top of things!