Reviews for Hey, We're Allowed to Have Fun
snlover10 chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
Holy fuck. No really, HOLY FUCK.

This is so magnificent, I've been grinning like an idiot throughout.

I enjoyed everything, from Dean's 'Barnacle Brothers Circus'' and ''Rockshasa'', to Sammy getting drunk, to finding Cas all confused in the carnival, to Sammy almost crying with happiness over the dogs, EVERYTHING.

It's so well written, and you've really made my day! I can practically picture this in my head, it's so god damn adorable!

Thanks so much! -faved to the max-
Sastiel chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
You are soo great at writing these!Uggh! This story was so touching...I loved it! Sam was adorable! My favorite part was

'the look' The please-Dean-I-hardly-ask-for-anything-pleaassee look..Oh man! ROFL! And so was Dean just sitting back and letting Sam be Sam...Awesome job! Seriously wonderful story!
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
That was really sweet without being over-the-top. I really like how Dean's "we could have had this" almost intruded on the moment but he pushed it back. Very believable, and a nice break from the angst for us readers as well as the Winchesters.
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
This fic was full of laughter, and full of "aw"-wonderful job, and I'm really glad I read it. Thanks for sharing!
Visionairy chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
This was really wonderful - throughout. I liked Sam trying to talk Dean out of going, but then going along with both the carnival and the alcohol. Great line, "“Zip it up, sister, and give me a dollar.” especially with Dean questioning it as well.

So many great lines and details, a hug, and to end with, "Dean looked over at his brother, the demon-touched future-vessel of evil. And he was glad he had stopped at this small town Saturday night carnival." Me too!
Hjalmar chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
That was really sweet. I needed this ) And the boys needed it too. Loved it!
IHeartSPN chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
Aw! That was gorgeous! 3

I was in a really rotten mood before and now your story has just set me right back on track!

I love the whole glimpse into a 'normal' life aspect :P

They deserve it. The Winchester brothers deserve normal, to be happy :( And God knows we all owe it to them.

It was adorable & full of brotherly love :D

Amazing!
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
That was wonderful. It was so sweet and touching, yet you managed to completely keep them in character. Even the hug didn't feel OTT, on account of Sam being slightly wasted :)

You really did have their voices particularly well, I could see/hear them as I was reading. And I found myself grinning, almost as much as Dean was, at how much Sam was enjoying himself.

So nice - if bittersweet - to see them truly relax and get to be 'normal' brothers. Even if it is only for one night.

I was pleased too at how Castiel agreed to them having one night off. He's not really grown on me that much but at that point I (almost) liked him.

After the angst of S4, and the start of S5, this was a perfect antidote and yet still remained in character. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Before I go, I just want to quote this part as it really - to me - hit the nail on the head and summed up the whole thing:

Dean looked over at his brother, the demon-touched future-vessel of evil. And he was glad he had stopped at this small town Saturday night carnival. It let him see his brother again. Not the “destiny boy,” but the soft-hearted kid who gave his prize to a two year-old. The guy who was proud his brother was a good shot, and who just wanted to play with puppies for a half hour. He put the car in gear and looked out at the night. Castiel stood in the field in front of him. Dean nodded his thanks. Castiel paused, and then was gone.
sylvia37 chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
You know, I really should get a tissue before I start reading your stories... This was so great. You have a real gift for bringing the characters to life. A little fun in the midst of all the angst is just what they...and we needed.

Sylvia
Colby's girl chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
Thanks that was nice. Felt good for the brothers to share something good and wholesome for a change.
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
You... my dear... completely charmed the socks off me...really!

Such a smart, pretty, and cute story!

I'd love an episode like this on the show. No demons, no angels, no monsters...just brothers being brothers...how wonderful that would be. I want an episode just like this that you wrote here!

Sam's dimples...the cotton candy (My absoulte favorite!) the way Sammy tried to win at the ring toss game (Nobody ever wins at that game LOL)...the two brother's enjoying the cute puppies...Sam giving the young child his prize. Dean spiking Sam's drink...all combine to create a perfectly blended story!

I bow to you,

Karen

PS: Loved your Cas!
Entrelac chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
Thank you for this. The show's current season has been so dark that a break like this fits so well. I especially like how you worked in Cas keeping an eye on them.

And yeah, the puppies. Too cute. :)
CiZiwejes chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
Wow! This is really heartwarming. I just loved it. To see the boys having fun just like normal people, so carefree and so ease at mind. It was just adorable. And the image of Sam playing with puppies, wow! That was something to dream about.

Excellent job dear! Keep writing!
Trish62 chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
Well, that was just lovely. Really. Wouldn't it be nice to see this?
TraSan chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
Oh my goodness, this story is full of so much brotherly fun, and great moments, and cute and touching scenes and then you get to the end and my heart breaks just a little for both of them - with so much responsibility on their shoulders.

But the sentiment, about seeing Sam as just his brother - I got misty-eyed!

Schmoopy bro-mo and I loved it.

Thanks for writing!