Reviews for Awake in the Infinite Cold
JoVersify chapter 21 . 10/16
This fic has been on my TBR list for over a decade and I FINALLY, FINALLY read it. I honestly love everything about this story, especially the title, and with exception (but still kind of inclusion) of the ending. While this story did need to end this way, my heart wants an AU fanfic of this fanfic where everything works out, Alice meets Jasper, and B&E have their HEA.

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Regardless of my heartache, I am so very glad I FINALLY read this story.

Love, Jo
JoVersify chapter 22 . 10/16
I knew it was coming, but fuck this ending. Your writing is brilliant. I hate tragedies. Poignant beauty comes through your words, but I don't want this. I read to escape and feed the Id. So, while your story is beautiful beyond words... well, I hated Flowers for Algernon too, when I was young. I would have been one of those publishers offering a cash advance for an HEA. What can I say?

Love, Jo
JoVersify chapter 16 . 10/16
I haven't been reviewing because I'm a selfish prick, but... GOOD LORD. I had to stop on this chapter.

This is a fucking masterpiece.

Your words in this chapter are Edward's lullaby with massive crescendo.

I wish I could say more... but my meager compliments wouldn't do it justice. Just know that you pierced my heart. Like a fucking voodoo doll wrapped in lust.

Bravfuckingo.
BellasGrace chapter 22 . 7/29
I know I've read this before, some years ago, but I came across it again because of Iris on FB and started reading again. At first I couldn't remember it. Slowly, certain things triggered a memory but I kept reading since I couldn't remember the ending. Even once I came to the ending I couldn't remember so I felt as if reading it for the first time.

I typically don't write more than a handful of words in a review, but I felt like I needed to get this out.

My Dad passes on Jan 1st of this year and it's been the longest, hardest 7 months of my life. The quote on the final chapter and the final chapter itself choked me up in a way I wouldn't have been able to feel last time I read this story. It brought me to a whole new place and I wanted to say thank you. Thank you for writing this beautiful story and thank you for reminding me to continue making my lifes music.
petmom1213 chapter 3 . 7/24
If this ends the same as the original, Flowers For Algeron, I can't read it. Sorry. I'll glance at the end to see.
Mickey Hall
atouchofcitron chapter 22 . 7/11
so tragic and so beautiful. really pleased i gave this story a chance. thank you.
RunsWithWolves77 chapter 22 . 1/21
This was surreal, touching & very well written except toward the end when Mary Alice re-enters. It feels like you gave the story to someone else to finish. I would have liked the same ending with a different scenario to get there.
Wooooooooow, you knocked me down . Masterpiece
daral13 chapter 22 . 12/4/2020
Thank you for being brave enough to write this fantastic story.
I wasn't that brave and I have been avoiding this for 10 years, always hearing of that fantastic story with no HEA.
Well I'm glad that I have finally read it.

K chapter 6 . 11/28/2020
I can see that this story is going to have an absolutely beautiful and a heartfelt ending...but it is going to leave me crying
SoCalTwiNurse chapter 22 . 11/29/2020
“They came to be dazzled; they are instead destroyed” – this essentially sums up my experience reading this story…..but in the best way and I mean it as a compliment.

I am utterly brokenhearted for Edward and Charlie who somehow knew to come to hear Edward play. Rose….well a little too late but whatever.

“Will Miss Bella hear this music?” Man, here come the tears AGAIN! It took me several times to get through this last chapter.

You wrote this fic a long time ago...I don't know how I haven't come across it until now but I'm so glad I did. This is easily one of my favorite fics despite the non-HEA. I also don't read anything unless it's HEA but in this case, I'm glad I did and I think it may open me up to read non-HEA's...maybe, I dunno. You have a serious talent & looks like you haven't written in awhile...I truly hope you consider writing again. Also, I only read M-rated stories (haha) but your other Twilight fics are rated T...because of this fic, I will read them. You're amazing & I hope you write again! I will put you on follow :)
SoCalTwiNurse chapter 21 . 11/29/2020
I stopped so many times during this chapter and just bawled my eyes out. I appreciate you using New Moon Bella’s line of “Kill me” for Edward here….he’s absolutely desperate to keep Bella safe.

“She would never finish that sentence”….GUTTED! He finally read her mind at the very end…only to hear her finish saying that she loved him *TEARS*

That ending...I can't even put into words what I'm feeling. I had NO idea there was a major character death. If you had that warning, I wouldn't have read this...but you write SO beautifully, that I'm glad I didn't know. I can't believe his Miss Bella just left him forever...oh God, I'm crying all over again...
SoCalTwiNurse chapter 20 . 11/29/2020
Edward finally able to reveal all his feelings...your words are so beautiful! So the future Alice showed Edward was right...but she purposefully left out the part where Bella is with him...oh no!
SoCalTwiNurse chapter 19 . 11/29/2020
Canon mind-reader….*intrigued*

I can’t tell if Alice is being manipulative….I pray she is and that the medication is indeed working. Alice, what are you doing?!
SoCalTwiNurse chapter 18 . 11/29/2020
Is our Edward seducing Miss Bella?

Oh Edward….it’s too much for him but he’s actually working through it; he wants her.

A complication huh? Uh oh...here we go :(