Reviews for What's My Name?
CookieMunchies chapter 13 . 11/18/2013
I have no words to say how amazing this was. I love how you portrayed A, I always seen him as a cheery boy with some chubbiness. I spent about most of my night reading this, you should be proud. I cried a lot because I'm a huge baby like when Beyond was beaten up, Any died, Beyond crying and beats up his mirror and turns to a psychopath... Most of all was when L put sunglasses on B's grave, the FEELS just hit me. Why didn't I find this story earlier
Maiko Chinatsu chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
Thank you for delving into BB's humanity. Your BB was a young boy with a dream he didn't dare hope for and slowly but surely he was both built up to believe in it and subsequently crushed. It was a beautiful and haunting version of BB's origines and one that I will not forgot.
At the end, all I wanted to do was call him Beloved.
Zbluez chapter 13 . 9/4/2013
I don't really know what to say about this story.

I'm not a fan of BB. I've read Another Note only once, and didn't enjoy it as much as I should have because someone had already spoiled the ending for me. I never truly did think much of BB's character - to me, he was just a crazy, just another insane murderer like so many others roaming the world. I didn't even think him having Shinigami eyes was all that special or necessary - in fact I didn't like that little detail at all - but I grit my teeth through it and kept reading. I also treated the fact that BB was an orphan from Wammy's as a mere coincidence, as a justification for his little game with L; to me he could have just as well been some other criminal who simply wanted to prove he could best the greatest detective.

In truth, I didn't like Another Note all that much. And in Another Note BB's character was not, precisely, what I liked best or what I cared most about.

So I am pretty surprised I actually started reading this story, because normally I don't even bother clicking on stories with BB. I am extremely surprised that it kept me interested enough to finish it, and all in one sitting no less, without even pausing to go get a cup of water. The quality writing was what kept me reading at first - from the first paragraph I knew that, regardless of plot or characters, I would enjoy this story simply because of your writing style. Then it was all the philosophical content, then Any, and finally the plot.

No, even after this, I still don't like Beyond Birthday, and find it unlikely I will click on another BB fic anytime soon. But I think that a story about a character I never particularly cared for capturing my undivided attention and holding it until the very last word says more about the author than any other praise I might give.

You, my friend, have skills.

Zbluez
Sabertoothtigress chapter 10 . 3/28/2013
oops, disregard my last review question XD
Sabertoothtigress chapter 9 . 3/28/2013
Just out of curiosity, how did A kill himself according to you?
Lazy Cat 44 chapter 13 . 1/18/2013
You made 13 chapters... Well thought out!
Insanity-L chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
Yay, I like this n.n
libbygoof chapter 7 . 12/26/2012
Love it so far! Very in depth and insightful. You're a great writer!
Arysthae chapter 13 . 11/26/2012
Beautiful. I finished reading Another Note yesterday and this was a simply lovely complement to it. The human aspect to Beyond was lovely and the scene where L went o visit him in jail was beautifully twisted and heart-wrenching. There's so much to love and I'm going to take a lot of Beyond's personality from here as my headcanon XD A lovely, in-depth and haunting story.

Arysthae
psychoTeddyBear chapter 13 . 9/22/2012
I'm sorry I didn't leave a comment before.

I'm going to describe this story in just one word: AMAZING. It's just... amazing. I really love every bit of it.

For unknown reasons I adore Beyond Birthday (I have something with psycho killer characters). And I swear, it's the best story I've ever read about him.

And I cried. Read how a little kid grow up and turn into something like that was just heart-breaking. Well, I cried when Any died too. But... God. While I was reading the last chapters I remembered B as a kid and the tears just started to fall.

Anyways. I think this story could happen in canon, you put everything together perfectly. Thank you for sharing it.

Keep writing.
Khorale chapter 13 . 8/22/2012
I findnitironic that this story has thirteen chapters.
little old nona chapter 13 . 5/22/2012
I started reading this yesterday and honestly couldnt stop i personily love how u captured Beyonds character and his spiral into controlled madness. I honestly wish i had even a quater of ur writing skills lol will defo be reading more of ur work :)
little old nona chapter 13 . 5/22/2012
kurosakiLenalee chapter 13 . 12/16/2011
So awesome how you tied everything together and it can actually fit in cannon. Great job!
kisshufan4ever chapter 13 . 11/11/2011
This was the best thing I have ever read I mean the last two chapters had me sobbing for over an hour and that takes some doing from the amount of death fics I read seriouley it took me two days but it was so so worth it like words can not describe how uterly amazing this fic is and any BB fans have got to read it or there missing out on a heck of a lot :)