Reviews for Expectations and Other Moving Pieces
skyenadia chapter 46 . 11/29
please update sooooon
vovojuju chapter 46 . 3/28
If one day this fanfic comes to end it will be a global holiday. Reading from brazil - many people knows it here. Wishing see the beautiful (sad or happy) end someday.
Senorfrogs chapter 46 . 3/14
I really hope we see the end of this one someday.
So amazingly written
MegaTwilightgirl123 chapter 46 . 2/4
I’m going to finish the story in my head, it seems you have moved on for whatever reason, in your life.

Bella and Edward go to the hospital. They talk to Charlie. When they are about to leave, Jacob comes in and asks to talk to Bella. Bella looks at him, looks at Edward, looks at her dad. Her dad looks at her for a long time before nodding his head, subtly.
Bella briefly wonders what Charlie would do if Renee came in the room. What she should do. What she wanted.
Bella walks up to Jacob, in the corner of her eye, she can see Edward stiffen. He’s pale. He’s staring ahead, unable to look at anyone. She looks Jacob in the eyes, and her heart clenches. Jacob smiles.
“You shouldn’t be here,” Bella whispers.

Jacob blinks, absorbing her words. His eyes widen a bit. He’s surprised.
Bella looks at Edward. The man who loved her for so long. Who hated her. Who tortured her. Who forgave her. Who never, never said a bad thing about Jacob to her. And she suddenly remembers Jacob saying-
“I don’t..”

I don’t care.

“I don’t care,” Jacob says.

Edward continues to look ahead, as if he was not standing next to the man who cuckold him a little over a year ago. His eyes narrowed. His jaw tightened. He said nothing. Bella loses her breath. She thinks about how Jacob and her laid in bed together, laughing at Edward’s expense. At his foolishness. At his love for her. She thinks about how Edward gripped Nessie’s arm, demanding that she leave. That it wasn’t a good time for Bella. For her. And now how he is standing next to the man he must despise the most in the world. For her.

Always her. Edward somehow, frustratingly, even annoyingly, always put her first.

Because that is love. Not how warm someone makes you feel in the heat of sex, not the excitement and tingles of the unknown, not the danger of your heart being broken.

Love is sacrifice. Love is not selfish. Love is forgiveness. Love is-

“My husband and I would like for you to leave,” Bella murmured. Her voice was soft, but it carried. Jacob’s smile finally fell. And it occurred to her that he never looked at Edward once. He was close to him only because she was, and he had so little respect for him, he didn’t even have the kindness to look the least bit timid, or afraid, or guilty.

“Bella,” Jacob whispered. His voice did not carry. “I love you”.

Edward flinched.

“You don’t know the meaning of the word. Goodbye, Jacob.”

Jacob just stared at her, like he didn’t hear her. Like he was waiting. Like he didn’t know her. Bella grabbed his bicep and walked him to the door.

“Nessie is here. I spoke to her. I forgave her.”

Jacob looked at her incredulously. He blinked, out of sorts.

“She’s here? What did she say?”

“Jake”. Bella took a deep breath. “Go be with your children. My family is here.”

And she turned away from him. She walked up to Edward and took his hand with both of hers. Edward didn’t look at her, but she marveled at him. At his strength. At his humility. She didn’t hear Jacob’s footsteps recede, but she knew he was gone by the way Edward’s jaw finally unclenched. She looked at her dad. He looked.. like he finally understood her. And proud.

“We should let you get some rest, dad”.

“Okay Bells. See you guys tomorrow.”

Bella led Edward out the of the room, out of the hospital. She led him to her truck. She almost opened the door for him, but he did it himself, sliding in. Bella walked to her side, sliding in after him.
They sat in silence. Bella was not sure exactly what he was thinking, what he wanted, what he needed. She put her hand over his.

“I love you”. Edward snapped his head to her. His eyes wide, his mouth open.

“I keep asking you if you still love me. But…” It doesn’t matter.
“It doesn’t matter, because I love you anyway. And if you want a divorce and to be free of me, then I will sign the papers. If you need to leave, I understand. If you just want to be friends, I can do that too. I can be your… ex-wife, your friend. If that’s what you want.

But you should know that I am completely in love with you. And you are the most selfless, most beautiful person I have ever met. And I’m so glad I get to be in your life. And I’m so sorry I’ve made your life hell these past five years, but if you give me one more chance to be your wife, I’ll spend the rest of my life making it up to you.”

Edward sat for a long time looking at me. I watched the wheels turn in his head. He blinked. He breathed. His face crumbled.

“That wasn’t so hard, was it?”

He kissed me.
MegaTwilightgirl123 chapter 42 . 2/3
There are four chapters left. If Bella doesn’t get her crap together I’m going to throw my phone. I need her to see Jacob and not want him. I need Edward to admit her loves her. I need Bella to love herself. And I need them to stay married.

Let’s see if I get ANY of what I need. So good so far.
MegaTwilightgirl123 chapter 37 . 2/3
Thank God . I love them both like they’re my imperfect children I’m so happy
MegaTwilightgirl123 chapter 32 . 2/3
I’m throwing a tantrum right now. I literally threw my phone down and walked away. Because EVERY single chapter I just Kept saying “get a divorce”. But NOW I dont Want them to. I want Them to work it out. And I know they will.

Yet, I’m really proud of Edward. I’m really proud of them both.
MegaTwilightgirl123 chapter 23 . 2/3
At the halfway point and stuff is starting to tie together now. This makes more sense to his anger and her guilt.
MegaTwilightgirl123 chapter 18 . 2/2
Okay so I was way off. He knew how she felt about him. I can see how he built resentment towards her. Maybe there’s more? I think They’re both wrong but I’m curious how Edward was playing victim. Hmmmm.
MegaTwilightgirl123 chapter 14 . 2/2
Okay actually I’m guessing that she lied that she loved him? Kept seeing Jake on the side? Maybe to convince him to move to NY and he did because he loved her? He figured out she didn’t love him and he was crushed. That’s what I’m thinking!
MegaTwilightgirl123 chapter 13 . 2/2
I ask Myself the same question at the end of every chapter. WHAT. DID. SHE. DO?!

Like, she had Jake as a boyfriend. Okay. I remember from a previous chapter that jake was at the wedding. What was said beforehand?! To make Edward so sad… and she didn’t know why he was sad.. I’m so confused in the best way. I’m rooting for you.

I’m terrified of what Bella has done to turn Edward into this person around her. I also Like how she’s THAT GIRL and for once Edward isn’t THAT GUY. Or maybe just not to her? Idk.

It has to do with Jacob I’m sure. But what?! They were already together. Did she cheat when they were married? Wah!
shoogah.b chapter 46 . 1/22
This is such a beautiful story.
Monnie Mcintosh chapter 46 . 11/30/2021
This was such a beautiful but heartbreaking story, I’m just not sure if it way it was amazing
Guest chapter 38 . 11/10/2021