Reviews for Expectations and Other Moving Pieces
laklak1 chapter 46 . 3/3
loved the story! great work!
atomxnerak chapter 46 . 2/21
I want to hate you for not finishing the story, but I cant. This was so beautifully written, I hope you one day return to finish it
ImYours1901 chapter 46 . 1/26
I can’t even begin to put into words how beautiful this story was, and even though you haven’t finished it, I am quite content at where this chapter ended.

I went through so many emotions reading this story, the pain and hurt and anger were so strong, the fear. It was amazing figuring out just what went wrong with these two. It was also so heart wrenching, i loved the array of emotions you made me feel, how invested I became in the characters, and how I took time away from the story to think about which character i sided with. I don’t really do that with stories, but you have just sprinkled some magic fairy dust all over this amazing piece of writing and made me feel so invested in these characters that I felt the need to justify their actions and figure out who I sided with the most. And through it all I did side with Bella, because she stayed true to herself the entire way throughout. Even though she was cruel, and she treated Edward so horribly, her actions come from a place of real hurt. Whereas Edward saw an opportunity and took it when he really should have stepped back, let her heal and then maybe be there for her. he allowed himself to be the rebound, and then he bound himself to her because he was desperate to just be around her. And that was not her fault, and it was not for her to fix the way that he felt about her.

I also really really found the set up very surprising. We all knew the post new moon dynamic of these three, but I had never ever thought or considered a situation where Edward was for Bella what ‘book Jacob’ was for her. It was really really well done and so beautifully written.

Thank you so much for sharing the story, and thank you for putting so much into it and making it so so beautiful .
canalaquimera chapter 46 . 1/12
Matches burn after the other pages turn and stick to each other wages earned and lessons learned
but I'm right where you left me
you left me no choice but to stay here forever
keraatchley05 chapter 1 . 12/19/2023
Loved it
RoYes02 chapter 1 . 6/29/2023
This is such an amazing story! I'm sad that you will probably never finish this. But i still wanna thank you and i will keep my fingers crossed that maybe you will.
gilette719 chapter 46 . 6/28/2023
You’re never going to finish this story. That’s so sad it’s such a great story. An emotional roller coaster please come back you have lots followers
PennyLynn chapter 46 . 6/12/2023
Well written and well-imagined. I realize only now that it is not “completed” so the end is not quite finished but close.
Bad.Days chapter 31 . 4/9/2023
I read this story when you were first posting it. And now I'm doing a bit of a nostalgia tour through my fanfiction favorites. This hits a bit differently all these years later, but this is still such an elegant, sophisticated story. It's been a great story to read again. The flashback lines last chapter where Edward is telling Bella how awful she's being, but that he loved her anyway...that's my idea of true love, and it's presented here so beautifully...even if true love doesn't solve anything, or promise a happy ending. Just lovely.
kceeblevinshotmail.com chapter 1 . 12/28/2022
Beautiful story. Just wished it we’re finished! Lots of love and thank you for writing this!
Sasuke chapter 46 . 12/18/2022
Your story made me cry so many times. I am like Bella when it comes to being a coward. All the words you wrote about how hard it is for her to move ahead and on because the first time she did that, it failed so spectacularly. It tightened something in me and set something in me free. I still hurt over how I struggle and depend on people. I hope I can find the strength to face the falls and move on. Thank you for your brilliant story though.
skyenadia chapter 46 . 11/29/2022
please update sooooon
vovojuju chapter 46 . 3/28/2022
If one day this fanfic comes to end it will be a global holiday. Reading from brazil - many people knows it here. Wishing see the beautiful (sad or happy) end someday.
Senorfrogs chapter 46 . 3/14/2022
I really hope we see the end of this one someday.
So amazingly written
MegaTwilightgirl123 chapter 46 . 2/4/2022
I’m going to finish the story in my head, it seems you have moved on for whatever reason, in your life.

Bella and Edward go to the hospital. They talk to Charlie. When they are about to leave, Jacob comes in and asks to talk to Bella. Bella looks at him, looks at Edward, looks at her dad. Her dad looks at her for a long time before nodding his head, subtly.
Bella briefly wonders what Charlie would do if Renee came in the room. What she should do. What she wanted.
Bella walks up to Jacob, in the corner of her eye, she can see Edward stiffen. He’s pale. He’s staring ahead, unable to look at anyone. She looks Jacob in the eyes, and her heart clenches. Jacob smiles.
“You shouldn’t be here,” Bella whispers.

Jacob blinks, absorbing her words. His eyes widen a bit. He’s surprised.
Bella looks at Edward. The man who loved her for so long. Who hated her. Who tortured her. Who forgave her. Who never, never said a bad thing about Jacob to her. And she suddenly remembers Jacob saying-
“I don’t..”

I don’t care.

“I don’t care,” Jacob says.

Edward continues to look ahead, as if he was not standing next to the man who cuckold him a little over a year ago. His eyes narrowed. His jaw tightened. He said nothing. Bella loses her breath. She thinks about how Jacob and her laid in bed together, laughing at Edward’s expense. At his foolishness. At his love for her. She thinks about how Edward gripped Nessie’s arm, demanding that she leave. That it wasn’t a good time for Bella. For her. And now how he is standing next to the man he must despise the most in the world. For her.

Always her. Edward somehow, frustratingly, even annoyingly, always put her first.

Because that is love. Not how warm someone makes you feel in the heat of sex, not the excitement and tingles of the unknown, not the danger of your heart being broken.

Love is sacrifice. Love is not selfish. Love is forgiveness. Love is-

“My husband and I would like for you to leave,” Bella murmured. Her voice was soft, but it carried. Jacob’s smile finally fell. And it occurred to her that he never looked at Edward once. He was close to him only because she was, and he had so little respect for him, he didn’t even have the kindness to look the least bit timid, or afraid, or guilty.

“Bella,” Jacob whispered. His voice did not carry. “I love you”.

Edward flinched.

“You don’t know the meaning of the word. Goodbye, Jacob.”

Jacob just stared at her, like he didn’t hear her. Like he was waiting. Like he didn’t know her. Bella grabbed his bicep and walked him to the door.

“Nessie is here. I spoke to her. I forgave her.”

Jacob looked at her incredulously. He blinked, out of sorts.

“She’s here? What did she say?”

“Jake”. Bella took a deep breath. “Go be with your children. My family is here.”

And she turned away from him. She walked up to Edward and took his hand with both of hers. Edward didn’t look at her, but she marveled at him. At his strength. At his humility. She didn’t hear Jacob’s footsteps recede, but she knew he was gone by the way Edward’s jaw finally unclenched. She looked at her dad. He looked.. like he finally understood her. And proud.

“We should let you get some rest, dad”.

“Okay Bells. See you guys tomorrow.”

Bella led Edward out the of the room, out of the hospital. She led him to her truck. She almost opened the door for him, but he did it himself, sliding in. Bella walked to her side, sliding in after him.
They sat in silence. Bella was not sure exactly what he was thinking, what he wanted, what he needed. She put her hand over his.

“I love you”. Edward snapped his head to her. His eyes wide, his mouth open.

“I keep asking you if you still love me. But…” It doesn’t matter.
“It doesn’t matter, because I love you anyway. And if you want a divorce and to be free of me, then I will sign the papers. If you need to leave, I understand. If you just want to be friends, I can do that too. I can be your… ex-wife, your friend. If that’s what you want.

But you should know that I am completely in love with you. And you are the most selfless, most beautiful person I have ever met. And I’m so glad I get to be in your life. And I’m so sorry I’ve made your life hell these past five years, but if you give me one more chance to be your wife, I’ll spend the rest of my life making it up to you.”

Edward sat for a long time looking at me. I watched the wheels turn in his head. He blinked. He breathed. His face crumbled.

“That wasn’t so hard, was it?”

He kissed me.