Reviews for Expectations and Other Moving Pieces
wuogkat chapter 5 . 10/22/2009
Wow... Bella and Edward receive an "F" in communication.

Well done, I can almost taste the tension.
wuogkat chapter 4 . 10/22/2009
interesting...

I can't wait to see where you go with it.
misscaramello chapter 4 . 10/20/2009
I'm finding this story fascinating - really looking forward to learning more about Edward and Bella.
iusedtoknit chapter 4 . 10/19/2009
This is so interesting. Why does Edward want Bella miserable (and does her Jacob dream/s have anything to do with it?) Why would Bella prefer to be miserable than alone? Why is Edward so skinny but strong? The list goes on for a while, and I do have an acutal list. Can't wait for the pieces to come together or just to add more to the list.
iusedtoknit chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
The first chapter is very intriguing.
Famingo chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Wow, what a bastard! I'd love for Bella to kick his ass for being such a jerk. I'm really intrigued but the start.
CheekyCheeky chapter 4 . 10/18/2009
I'm excited to see where this story is going. I'm almost DESPERATE to find out why they got married in the first place if they hate each other so much!
ineedyoursway chapter 4 . 10/18/2009
wellwellwell

this is very well written and i really like the flow of it. i especially liked the flashback and the end of this chapter and the way it blended into the scene of edward playing the piano. my favorite part of this is the way bella views edward. it reminds me of gallantcorkscrew's emperors of washington, if you've read it. it's unique in that it doesn't idolize him.

the imagery is perfect

i envy people with a gift towards adjectives

kudos with m&ms

-j
dihenydd chapter 4 . 10/18/2009
You manage to evoke the atmosphere so well, both physical and emotional (and the way they intertwine). I feel the musty dankness, the chill especially when she is wet, the niggles and discomforts, including hunger. They could all be metaphors for their emotional state (or in psychobabble speak, I guess it would be 'as above, so below').

The constant need for them to always be picking at each other. It's starting to feel like a brittle self defence. Attack first rather than be hurt. I do get the sense that Edward is in a lot of pain which he internalises. His piano playing and his desperation when meeting his sister speak volumes.

It seemed a little compromise that she picked up her clothes when she went to bed.

I can't believ how few reviews this is getting. I got the rec from Fats/Humanshield on Ravelry and I notice that about half your reviewers have come from the same source. I will tweet about it and when you update and see if we can get anymore readers.

Thank you for the update.
Temptation's Girl chapter 4 . 10/17/2009
I'm really enjoying your story so far - it's very different; I like dark Edward! I can't wait to see where you are going with it.

Thank you for writing!
yankeerose chapter 4 . 10/17/2009
Hm...the plot thickens.
MagicBliss chapter 4 . 10/17/2009
Ok...so that was interesting. I think I need to change my mind about Edward. It seems that he was a genuinely nice guy when he first met Bella...and that she was a real piece of work. I'm starting to think that maybe he really did love her (and maybe still does). Maybe she has never had feelings for him, but lead him on and made him believe otherwise, which is why he is so mean to her now...he still loves her and knows that she doesn't feel the same.

Please tell me I'm getting close here...or maybe steer me in the right direction?
MagicBliss chapter 3 . 10/16/2009
I'm still here...just confused. I hope to have answers to why they are married and why Edward HATES her so much.

This is a really interesting take on a BxE story...unlike anything I've ever read...and maybe that's why I'm having such a hard time. It's so different and confusing.

Oh, and thanks for the AN at the beginning of this chapter. Glad you mentioned that this story is in the present-day and no mail-order brides. Man! I thought I was on to something;) So...I have no more guesses then.
yankeerose chapter 3 . 10/16/2009
What a sad story so far. Did Bella married Edward on the re-bound from Jacob?
dihenydd chapter 3 . 10/16/2009
Hmm this feels like a subtle change in direction. It would have been easy from the previous 2 chapters to assume Edward was all to blame, he just seemed so vindictive. Now we know that Bella never loved him and yet she married him. I can't help thinking maybe Edward did (does?) love her, maybe he even rescued her from her life or a bad situation by marrying her, thinking she would learn to love him. I could see how love could sour if the object of your affection was indifferent and obviously thinking of someone else.

It would be ironic if the agony which Bella longs to feel, that is the shadow side of great love, is the same agony that Edward is living in.

I am intrigued as to what the situation is between Emmett and Rose, he seems uncomfortable and unhappy himself.

It is such a shame that two people should reach this sort of impasse in a relationship when it is obvious that both long for some comfort and tenderness which they could have whether they loved each other or not. Great passion alone could bring about this level of animosity. Well that's my take on it anyway...

Thanks for sharing.