Reviews for The Professor's Discretion
Fher34 chapter 22 . 4/27
i...
I am in absolute TEARS.
My heart, my soul, and not to add my very EYES, hurt.
wow.
just. I'm in awe.
this was a wonderful tale. It had it all, even in subtle forms. I am so glad I found this gem.
I read the note on top of chapter 22. Does that mean this fic is completed in its entirety? no epilogue? I ask because the status says this story is incomplete.
whatever the answer to this, I'm assuming this is a bit of an open ending and I say, peaceful thoughts to this marvelous, if snarky, man.
Severus and Hermoine shone so bright in this darkness.
Thank you so much for giving us this bittersweet story.
willowbee17 chapter 16 . 3/21
You probably don’t log on here anymore but this story is too great for words. You are seriously one of my top favorite fanfic writers. Brilliant.
Majesticphoenix chapter 22 . 3/19
This is the second time I have read this.

I was pointed back to it through a hg/ss review log. It was marked as EE but on beginning it I knew it was the Outstanding fix I had read before.

It’s so brilliant in it’s subtlety. The characters don’t need an anihilation into caricatures of themselves to get the point at hand across.

Amazing how easy this is to read - the prose flows so eloquently and let’s face it that’s the thing we are all looking for when trying to find the greatest hg/ss fic of all time.

Moved into my top 5 of all time.

I hope you one day return to pick up where this left off - maybe just an epilogue - but I would love to know what SS absolutely had to say to one HG.
M.Blanche chapter 10 . 3/15
Rip my heart out, why don't you?
394egapotnrut chapter 22 . 2/16
I don't know if I love or hate the ending. But that is how it is with many great stories. This truly was worth the read, and I am definitely going to read it again. What is great about these kinds of endings, though, is that we get to imagine what will happen next, adn that means that the story never really ends.
I have been at the edge of my seat since chapter one, and it has been an emotional roller coaster all the way through.

I loved this story, and to anyone who, like me, reads the comments before reading the story, do it, read it. It is truly worth it.
TheWelcomeStranger chapter 22 . 2/10
Oh, so GOOD. Thank you for writing this!
ArtistiCapybara chapter 21 . 12/26/2020
I wrote the last review sleep deprived and in a state of emotional distress. I now see the open ending. I am also calmer and just have to tell you how great your story is. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. The characters were phenomenal, there were so many realistic touches to the events, and nothing felt forced. This is my favorite ship WHEN DONE PROPERLY. And when it isn’t creepy. (Time travel, alternative universe, etc) and this is my new absolute favorite fic. I’m so happy that I got to read this. It was expertly written and I expect I will return to it many times.
ArtistiCapybara chapter 22 . 12/26/2020
How can you finish there? No. It’s too sad. Now I’m just depressed. This whole fan fiction was a work of art and the best I’ve read, and it ends like this. I’m going to cry. No. No. No. I refuse. This is fake. This is a fake last chapter.
annaphelan94 chapter 22 . 11/11/2020
Thank you so much for this story.
LadySnape89 chapter 22 . 10/10/2020
Great story! Had me sobbing near the end. Wish there had been a sequel. Felt like such an abrupt ending and I want more so badly!
melosme chapter 22 . 9/24/2020
Saw this on a SSHG fiction review blog and the recommender definitely has good taste in fanfics - this story is incredible. Writing is great, a good chuck of storyline interweaved beautifully with canon, and most importantly, it (successfully) conveyed a point that may have resonated with many readers, like me.

I like this ending a lot. It is clever, novel, and totally unexpected. Although at first I thought it could be better to just end at the war, upon Severus's death (nothing tugs my heartstrings quite like a tragedy), I now realize that this open ending makes the pain even more unbearable, kinda like Avada Kedavra vs Crutiatus, if you could relate. So, many kudos to the author for producing such a refreshing twist, which concludes the whole story well.

Nonetheless, although the last SS part really speaks that after saying goodbye to her, he'd soon finally be home, I quite often do want to believe that the two continued nourishing their relationship (romantic or non-romantic) post-war, freely, and happily.
violetshimmers chapter 1 . 9/13/2020
I love love love this fic because the way you write Hermione and Severus is extremely true to character and realistic. Both are dedicated to the cause and there's no tragic misunderstandings or jumping right into a relationship. In fact, the fact that there was no romance makes me beg that you please consider writing a sequel. We need to read more about how their relationship continues.
Aisti chapter 22 . 9/12/2020
Thank you so much for this story! There are so many secret romance stories of SS/HG that this friendship story was very refreshing and real. I would like to think they found each other romantically as well in the end.
Guest chapter 22 . 9/10/2020
oh my god. i’m literally fucking sobbing like a baby. this is the best sshg fic i’ve ever read. and the fact that there was basically no romance in it. wow. that’s all i. can say right now is wow.
isabelleered chapter 22 . 9/7/2020
Omg. I literally cried and laughed and yelled and smiled. It was the perfect ending. It made my cry so much and then I was dancing around the room, and then it was peace. It was what the characters deserved and the perfect final chapter. I loved reading this whole story. Thank you for a great story!
1,032 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »