Reviews for The Professor's Discretion
Anna McNarin chapter 22 . 8/25
Normally, this is where I'd wish you had more to read, but this tale is so well balanced I'm left without the desire to do so. I have my perfect reader's buzz. The direction you took differs wholly from what I was expecting on reading the summary & title, a rare ccurrence on this site, but a good one. I greatly enjoyed losing myself in this, thank you so much for opting to post it.
UnicornMist chapter 22 . 8/22
Argh! What sort of ending is that? I loved this story- it had me hooked right from the start and I couldn't put it down. The characters were true to form, the storyline interesting and believable and the ending just slayed me. I hope that you see fit to write a sequel one day, poor Severus deserves a happier ending than this one. Thanks for sharing.
Maya Costa chapter 22 . 7/28
This was beautiful. I'm speachless. They were true to their characters until the end. I love it, I truly do. And I hardly love non-romance Severus/Hermione stories. Of course, it would be simply amazing if you decided to write a sequel, but the end was so beautiful and unexpected that I think I can live with the idea that they each had their own sort of happy ending — or at least a sort of satisfactory "concluded business".

Thank you very much for sharing this amazing piece of work. You are an incredible writer.
AiymaSnikies chapter 22 . 7/27
the story was great... until the end thats bullshit.
thats what i like about fanfiction bc snape shouldnt die but you killed him anyway. no offense buty this story will not be going on my favorite list.
Well, at least you didn't lie and call it a "romance" or an HEA. That sucked.
archandincorrigible chapter 22 . 5/29
This was excellent. You let the relationship build in a quite reasonable way. But this ending is evil.
Cause-and-Author chapter 3 . 5/13
I absolutely LOVE The dialogue between Hermione and Snape in this chapter. It's delicious, delightful, decadent, and some other D-words that mean "fun to read and hard not to laugh at". Thank you for this cute tale!
muumi2three chapter 22 . 5/12
After all that talk in - was it chapter 16 - about how you never use cliff-hangers, how could you end the story on such a note? I loved it - up till the last page - and I'm so ... hanging.
madstoryteller99 chapter 22 . 5/4
This is an amazing story. I am in absolute awe of the powerful, rich, and nuanced dynamic you have created between Hermione and Snape, without having compromised either of their established personalities in the books. Often, it's so hard to read a story between Hermione and Snape without the two being forcibly placed in a romantic relationship and forced to act entirely out of character to get there. A man and female being close does not necessitate a romantic relationship, and I am absolutely stunned by how perfectly you have captured that. The relationship you have established is natural and complicated and ineffable, with undertones of friendship, inexplicable camaraderie, and co-dependence, and it's...heartwarming. I'll be honest, the sad ending was a bit disheartening, and yet, I can't fault you for it, because it worked. It was the perfect ending to a perfect story. Thank you so much for writing this story, and even though it's been four years, I hope you will soon write another one. I would absolutely love to read it. You are an amazing writer, and if you would ever feel inclined to perhaps talk to me, my username on this website is madstoryteller999. Thanks!
Xiaou Nem chapter 22 . 4/26
Gah! Great story, but why oh why end it there. I want to read more - more I say!

Thank you for this story!
Slytherin's Strumpet chapter 22 . 4/26
Lord, I've stayed up to the early hours of the morning reading this. I think I've just spent about 12 hours straight on your story, I'll have you know. And then, then! You have the gall to finish without a proper epilogue! I won't be able to sleep now, not without a proper reunion! To think, this amazing slow burn of a love story has has ended without even a proper kiss. Hahaha you've ruined me. No, but in all seriousness this story was superb. x
Beautiful
Momorulz chapter 22 . 4/12
Y does he still die?!
theladyofthelost chapter 22 . 3/28
Firstly, you deserve your username. Secondly, I absolutely loved your story... I cried on this last chapter, and I can honestly say that this is perhaps the best Severus and Hermione sort-of-friendship fic I've ever read. I loved it, seriously.
Taedae chapter 22 . 3/25
I just finished reading this and ... my heart practically dropped out of my rear end. I am so stunned that you ended it JUST before we could see them reunite. This story had fantastic build up and realistic progression for their relationship which kept me invested in them to the end. It is my secret hope that sometime in the future you will write a sequel which will be all about their relationship because I am dying to see it!