Reviews for The Professor's Discretion
melodyssister chapter 22 . 5/27
This is such an excellent story - the ending gets me every time. I hope you are getting a few more reads and reviews at the moment, as I recced this on the One Bad Man comm over on Live Journal a few days ago.
Vitellia chapter 22 . 5/6
This story was really beautiful. Normally, I prefer years-later stories to retellings of Year 7, but I loved this one. Normally, I also prefer less ambiguous endings, with things nicely wrapped up, not left ambiguous, but again, I loved this story despite the ending. The characters were sympathetic, believable, and much more true to the original characters in the book than most fan fiction versions of them are. It really is a lovely story, and I'm adding it to my favorites.
vickety chapter 21 . 4/15
I finished reading this again yesterday. I can't get it out of my head. How would the first post-war conversation go? How would he attempt to push her away and tell her to finish school? How would he handle the situation after she finishes her Newts? How would he feel when she confesses that she was not scared when he rubbed her neck, but aroused? How would she handle the realization of her feelings?

I have much of that first conversation planned out in my head, but this is your baby. Please consider a part two. It would be wonderful to read more of this story because your characterizations are so precise and just beautiful.
Djomar chapter 22 . 4/2
Amazing story! I love this ending. I'm dying to know what she wrote him, and what will happen now, but we know, after everything, that Hermione won't let him die. They will be together, it's meant to be. His patronus changed for her after all
YQY chapter 22 . 3/17
That's a great fic, I turely love it very much. But I CAN'T Believe the fic end up here. I sincere hope there will be a next part, tell us about how severus follow his heart to love a woman his wanted and deserved, and Hermione how to reply.
BeautifullyTwistd chapter 22 . 2/27
Oh! I can't believe thats where it finished! But I absolutely loved it!
I'm so sad its over. That was such a worthwhile read, Thank you!
Just wanted to quickly review and let you know that I'm loving this so far! The characters have been completely true to form and the plot is great. Anyway, back to reading :)
Tricksterkat209 chapter 22 . 2/10
Okay, so I'm very aware that this has been published (and finished) years ago..and it's slightly weird to just comment now at the end of things instead of leaving some on previous chapters [I'm a bit lazy and not even sure if you're still around these parts] but wow. What a wild ride from start to finish! It was simply amazing- oh gosh you wrote all the characters so well, oh my- and I'm not gonna lie: I may have shed a single tear and had to pause for a sec in this chapter. (I muttered a slightly choked "they could've re-written it and yet he still dies!" before I read on and let out a very relieved sigh). So yeah this was really enjoayable and I'm glad I found this gem!
CaliforniaCougar chapter 22 . 1/17
what? THAT'S where you end it?! ugh... I'm so conflicted. But what a lovely work. simply heart-wrenching.
CaliforniaCougar chapter 11 . 1/17
hahaha omg schedule time with ginny! priceless...
CaliforniaCougar chapter 9 . 1/17
omg I love that she sassed him about rummaging in her mind.
CaliforniaCougar chapter 7 . 1/17
hermione on a rampage! lol perish the terrifying thought.
Brittany chapter 22 . 1/15
LOVED this story! Thank you for your hard work and for sharing this fanfiction with us all!
WeirdAndAwesome chapter 22 . 1/1
I'm not entirely sure how to organise all of my thoughts regarding this story.

Throughout the story I made myself write little notes of what made me stop and think "god dammit this is good". Naturally I misplaced most of the notes. I remember a couple fortunately: things like - giving reason as to why Severus couldn't kill himself - because he would become a ghost, unfinished business.., the thing with wards, Severus thinking which wards should he leave and why, it's all very very very logical and intelligent, and that's exactly how I like my fanfiction. Without loopholes. illogicalities (is that a word?) and you left no stones unturned. Furthermore, this story is beautifully written, especially Severus's parts. I could really feel Severus - the sarcasm, the clever remarks, the biting tone etc. Very clever use of language, the flow of the story.. A couple of times I had to google what some words meant! And that's amazing. When a fanfiction is that high quality that I literally learn new words and phrases. Also, (that's just a personal preference) when the ratio of description/thoughts/monologues to dialogue is cca 10 to 1. It makes the dialogue much more meaningful. For me, at least. And you got that.

Oh, and Hermione was beautifully written as well. Just the right amount of... everything. Overthinking, caring, worry and intelligence... and when she teased him.. Beautiful.

The ending? I must say I am a tiny bit disappointed, I was expecting some Severus/Hermione romance, as this was the absolute perfect introduction (I really really adore those extremely long and slow introductions and very slow romantic gradation) but I didn't mind too terribly. Only the insinuation that he will kill himself after meeting with her... but I think he won't. He couldn't.

This was lovely. Thank you. This story grabbed me by the heart and didn't let go.

I'd love read anything else you've written. Or.. a part 2. ;)

Keep up the good work!

Matilda
marlenedragon chapter 1 . 12/20/2017
Your story its awesome! Great plot, wonderful characters and very , very Well writen. Its Also very original. I appreciate that. I wish It could be a second part or something. I just want moree!