Reviews for Rapture
SongoftheDarquePhoenix chapter 3 . 7/9
Excellent fic- not what I expected but very good. In the past when I've come across fics involving religion they're usually written by anti slashers and this is a nice change. Also, beautiful characterization of everyone.
Horserida chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
Are you sure u based this off of the Crucible?
Horserida chapter 2 . 12/21/2012
Very good! I loved it! but mabey a bit inaccurate. 15 was very little they said that 40 was the point where men died but there were tales of men recieving 100 and living to tell the tale
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 3 . 9/5/2011
I really liked this, especially the support Arthur had from everyone. The last chapter was sweet :)
ShaGaga chapter 3 . 8/8/2011
This story was the first Merlin/Arthur fanfic I read, and I'm definitely glad it was MAGNIFICENT. I loved every part of it - the sorcerer man, the whipping, the comfort at the end. :) Tremendous job!
Mistress of the Words chapter 3 . 12/4/2010
i LIKED this story! i liked it a LOT! Uther is a wicked JERK! He says he loves his son yet he doesn't seem to care that much if he lets his son get whipped! -fumes- i would gladly kill him to make Arthur king! ...i says that but i really couldnt xD GREAT story! I would love to read more on this story but it's complete :( it was really wonderful though! I loved it!
iwannabeX chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
ok, that was one powerful rendition of Pater Noster. 654651651/10 for this particular story. and will be favored, of course...
PeanutTree chapter 3 . 6/27/2010
This was great! Even though I'm not religious, I have great respect for the way you used such a holy message to show the people of Camelot that what Uther was doing was bad. You used the theme very nicely, especially when you echoed it in the next chapter. I especially liked the support Arthur had from the people!
asm613 chapter 3 . 5/28/2010
Emotionally charged story. I liked the symbolism of 'The Lord's Prayer'- applying the words to the characters and circumstances. The things I hate about these types of stories is that the hero suffers while the villian wins-If the hero suffers; I'd like to see the villian suffer equally. For instance- Merlin could have enchanted Arthur or the whip- so that every lash Arthur received- Uther also received_ to see if Uther can take the pain as noble as his son or if Uther calls off the flogging. When you started the angel wings of fire- I thought you were going to have the wings end up wrapping the man in them and then fly skyward- with the man's body gone- as if the fire bird carried him up to the heavens and deny Uther receiving his body in death. When you had the flames burn white I thought Merlin was turning the man to ash- so it would appear his body had ascended with the fire bird. That would have been cool. Would have sent a message that even in death he was free from Uther.

I liked the special effects Merlin caused with the flames- left me to wonder if his magics could help heal Arthur- why didn't he use his gift to stop them from feeling pain? It's what I would do. And if not heal, at least stop infections and secondary health risks.

Arthur's dialog and actions were wonderfully heroic. Making sure the citizens would see his bare and bloodied back was brilliant-Merlin did get kinda girly. I also liked the protectiveness Arthur held for Merlin_even to keep him away from candles and fireplaces-and his nightmares- not about his own death- but the fear of losing Merlin_ You made it very easy for us to understand the depth of devotion Arthur has for Merlin.
TheOneThatIsAddictedToHPfics chapter 3 . 4/16/2010
loved it!
Sir Gawain of Camelot chapter 3 . 4/4/2010
I can see affairs between Arthur and Uther progressing to this point. It's sad, but if they keep progressing as the have been, with Arthur becoming more and more accepting of magic and Uther becoming steadily more unreasonable and paranoid, this confrontation is almost inevitable.

One thing I do wonder is why the man was still about to be burned that day. Seems to me a rescue attempt would have been abated. Most of the court would not be able to let their honour be tarnished by allowing the man who saved their lives be killed for it. Even if they're too intimidated by their king, Merlin wouldn't allow it. That's the sort of injustice he gets himself half-killed trying to correct.
Sir Gawain of Camelot chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
...while I strongly dislike the religious themes, it's a strong piece all the same. I could go off on a rant at you, cataloguing all the evidence against the population of Camelot being Christian, but that's not really the point here.

It has beautiful imagery, and I admire the strength shown.

Appropriate piece to have stumbled across on Easter, I suppose.
ireadtoomanybooks chapter 3 . 11/9/2009
These are just gorgeous. Arthur was whipped! There are far better uses of the word... Love it :D
papayann chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Wow. You're a fantastic Merlin writer. Awesome.

-Ume