Reviews for The Unsealed Vampire: The Other Path
bill chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
Your story was fabulous as usually. I am satisfied that you decided to take out this second end It allows people to choose their favourite ending. Indeed I am not too fine tragic. In every case it was all the same a good history. I look forward to the continuation of your other story, notably "The Wind Flower".

Good work

Keep this way

(sorry for my englis, it's not my native language)
War-Torn Hero chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
Hi there. Now this is an ending I can like. The other ending is good, but I'm not that big of a fan of dark and tragic stories unless it's a one shot story. But I would like to say good work on your story for "The Unsealed Vampire". Have a good day.
Slicki chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
Yea for different endings! I am very happy that you decided to put this up! I liked being able to see what could've been! Wonderful job!

Much respect,

BlackNhite chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
I've read both endings now and... well, I suppose this one was better just for overall terms of accomplishment. The first felt like one of those "Rape the Dog Moments", where we go through the ntire motions of the plot and the end leaves you feeling like nothing was truly accomplished. Don't get me wrong, I like that kind of ending when the mood suites it, but it was just too aprupt a conclusion for this story that had been building up as such an epic in my mind.

That leads me into my problem with both endings in general. I felt like it left me with this soul taste in my mouth similar to that left by the ending of the anime. It seems like there was too much left unexplored. I know that I can't expect you to cover every aspect I throw at you, but I can pretty much sum up my feelings here in one character: Kurumu.

She really contributed next to nothing to the plot beyond her little exchange with Tsukune towards the beginning so she generally became an unecessary character. Having her around in all honesty felt like you were teasing me with the notion that she was going to be important later; you dropped all this foreshadowing with her knowing about Tsukune's "secret girlfriend" and her constantly renewing interest in him and it was never acted upon. The line fell dead, as it did for some of the other characters.

On the bright side of this though, I have to admire the subversion of trope here. You set up the Chekov's Gunman and never let her get a shot off, that was an experience for me.

Lot of potential for a sequel in this, it seems like you wrote it off as an idea you'd lost interest in but left open for later. I won't dare to hope though since you have a lot of projects going on outside real life, but I felt I might as well toss the idea out there.

Best wishes in future endeavors,

The Quill chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
It's surprising, but I really preferred the darker ending to this one. This ending just seems so cookie-cutter sweet and totally predictable. Not to mention I was sort of rooting for Mizore the entire time I read the story, so the original ending was a fun and (for me) excellent twist. I like the poignant way in which you drove the "actions have consequences" lesson home in the dark ending, too. Keep writing, I'm eagerly awaiting every update for all your wonderful fics, especially That Look and A Tempered Heart.
chaos5121 chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
My only problem with your other ending was that is seemed so abrupt, I saw it coming but I didn't think it would be Mizore just decides to kill Moka and just cuts off her head and kidnaps Tsukune. I expected something a little more dramatic, but in a way its somewhat fitting that Mizore took advantage of Mokas weakness.
WeView chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
THIS is the ending I wanted to read! I agree that the consequences moral is good but I'm a sucker for happy endings. Smart way of getting Mizore out of the picture. She injures Tsukune so only blames herself. Maybe an epilogue which suggests she meets someone else at the academy?
Mathinza chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
OKay, THAT one was much better, I was worried you'd have Shuzen kick the living shit outta him. :) The other ending was too dark, but im glad you did this one, made me feel better about the whole thing. All in all, i loved the story from start to finish. and i hope you have another Story on the go Sometime in the future, your skills at portraying a story are unparrelled, [Same level as Ou-rex, i'd guess] Loved it.

MRBee chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
i suppose i do prefer the original ending.

this one really screwed over Mizore, victimized her really. Though it jumped back into the main pairing, i still prefer the darker ending.
Slicerness chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
although i do have an interest in the bittersweet endings occasionaly i can't decide which is better. this one is funny and lighthearted, but on the other hand tsukune get taken captive by a phsyco bi(beep) mizore and used as a baby-maker... ya i can't in good faith pick one.
Sailor of My Vessel chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
I like this ending better:P
Toa Naruto chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
Whoa...This like a yin-yang ending for this story. This one is overall happy with a little darkness(Mizore trying to kill Tsukune), and the originally was overall dark with a little light(small amount of time of Moka X Tsukune).

I Anxiously await how the "Tempered" & "Blackened Heart" will end. As well as "The Bet".

So...What do you have planned next?
Dragonal01 chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
I always thought you would end the original story darkly. I thought either

a.)Mizore would kill herself

b.)Mizore would kill Moka and then Tsukune would kill himself.
Zehel2010 chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
*shiver* Dont scare me like that! I already thought they all will die.

)) Nice one!
Alhazad2003 chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
Wow, I am so glad you scrapped that ending, it would've really sucked. Plus it made Moka look even more like a hypocrite; first she supposedly swallows her pride and then she dictates terms to the chairman again? Heh, with the setup you had before the ending, this would've been a debacle. In my book, it would've made her look even worse than Ria, who foolishly believes her actions have no consequences, even though she'll find out differently in time. In the original ending, Moka and Tsukune never do, which would've made them a complete Mary Sue and Gary Stu couple. At least in the true ending, we see just how much damage Moka's actions and inactions have wrought. Even though she never truly realized it herself, we did, and I thank you for that. Good luck on your other stories, and have a wonderful day.
157 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 Next »