Reviews for Moonlight & Serenades
Dherea chapter 11 . 3/2/2012
Great ending to a beautiful love story.
Duchess of Strumpetness chapter 11 . 7/2/2011
Fantastic ending, it seems you can never escape Serenity (but who'd want to), looking forward to more.
Dimac99 chapter 11 . 2/15/2011
Another really enjoyable fic. I so wanted to give Jayne a big hug when he thought there was no future for the two of them together! Your idea for Inara's new job is a really good one, it allows her to be independent and a lady and still be with Jayne. The only thing is that I'm 100% certain that even though it would be none of his business, Mal would still have taken the news about them being together very badly, at least initially. Perhaps that's a missing scene you might one day write? I bet the fireworks would fly!
Avide chapter 11 . 8/15/2010
I was bothered by the fact that Inara took Jayne's last name. I couldn't see her doing that.
brainfear chapter 11 . 3/19/2010
Lol. What an interesting ending chapter! I totally thought this was going to be a smut piece only...just PWP. I really enjoyed it though! I thought they were really freakin' hot together!

Please ma'am, can I have some more?
falyakfire chapter 11 . 3/19/2010
I think this was a brilliant way to end the story and i loved it. since this is the end i'll be sayin': thanks for the wonderful story! and may many more come your way.
Ms. Chips chapter 10 . 3/19/2010
Sigh. So wonderful! As much as I anticipate drama about their new commitment once they return to Serenity (Mal *will* be an ass...), I believe Jayne and Inara truly are committed to one another now, and they're going to fight anyone who gets in their way. Still, Jayne's "however you'll have me" has the potential to cause some problems down the road. He isn't by nature submissive. What kind of toll will it take if the people from Inara's professional life refuse to accept him or treat him like the undeserving rim-trash he fears he is? Now that he's crossed over to accepting that he's going to stay with her when and if she returns to the Core, I think he needs to make the rest of the journey and realize that he should be a part of the decision process about what they do as a couple. Compromise is possible, and I don't want Jayne to be so self-sacrificing that he's miserable any time he's not alone with Inara. After all, even the fiddler recognized the powerful connection between the two. Jayne just needs to really accept it himself.

As always, this was a fabulous update. Great smut, strong emotions (but totally appropriate for the characters and situation), evocative descriptives... Really, this story has it all. Thanks again for sharing it with us.
jane0904 chapter 11 . 3/19/2010
Wonderful! This was a fantastic end to your tale, with happiness, children, and family still around. I would ask where Serenity is, but I have an image of Mal still living on board, even if she doesn't go very far any more. Thank you so much (although I'm surprised they stopped at only two children ...!).
bob0045 chapter 11 . 3/18/2010
Superb, brilliant, I loved this story/ series so much. I also love Metallica as a classic earth-that-was love bard. Definitely fitting to Jayne’s image.

I’m glad that the crew are all still together, and I giggled about Mal's ability to still piss Inara off even after all those years.
KuryakinGirl chapter 11 . 3/18/2010
B!

What a wonderful ending, such a great way to wrap us up. I'm imagining Sheriff Jayne Cobb... it's a lovely image you've created. ;)

Proof that life doesn't turn out quite the way you picture, but most times, it's for the better anyway.

So glad that Mal, Simon and Kaylee were along for the ride as well.

Seriously, seriously love this.

Thank you so much for sharing it!

~K
KuryakinGirl chapter 10 . 3/18/2010
*Squee*

B!

Oh, B, this was perfect! So glad that they were finally able to straighten out the misunderstandings. ;) *Love* this line especially: "Weren't the first time he'd been held hostage, but was gorram certain the sweetest and the only time he'd probably shoot anyone what tried to rescue him."

And the fact that he plays *guitar*, not to mention the song itself.

Just beautiful!

*contented sigh*

~K
Ms. Chips chapter 9 . 2/11/2010
Sigh. That was beautiful! I take it back every criticism I made of Jayne after the last update. Jayne is far braver than I ever could have imagined. He left the choice up to Inara, but he really put himself out there emotionally. Now I know, in spite of the roadblocks the rest of the crew may try to erect, that Jayne and Inara are going to fight to be together. And ultimately I think whatever resistance they encounter will bond them even tighter, regardless of the compromises they'll need to make about where and how they'll live together. They're both fighters in their own way and they won't back down.

Fabulous, fabulous job. Thanks for sharing this wonderful story with us.
lot56 chapter 9 . 2/9/2010
very good, I really like the inara and Jayne pairing.
brainfear chapter 9 . 2/9/2010
Aww! Jayne's so squeezable right now. More please!
bob0045 chapter 9 . 2/8/2010
Oh. Jayne is so shiny. Poor Nara, while he got there in the end the first bit of that didn't sound like it was it was heading anywhere nice. But it was, and it did, and it was perfect.