Reviews for Chasing the Rainbow
Rose1948 chapter 9 . 5/15/2012
::rofl:: Leave it to Happosai to come up with a technique that gives him an entire month of messing with boobs! And all in terms of a cure! ::cackles::

Another hilarious chapter. I'm having too damned much fun. ::eyes clock:: Maybe one more before heading off to bed.

As for pairings, well, just for shiggles, how about Ryoga and this Anna. Mousse and Nabiki might be fun, too. You're a good enough writer to bring it off credibly. Me? I'd have 'em share a bowl of those love mushrooms. A poisoned bowl of those love mushrooms. Cooked by Akane. As for Ranma, well, since I've read the most common pairings, how about either Kodachi or this Natsume? I'm struggling here as I've no experience with the anime, just the manga. ::chuckles::

11:14 PM EDT
Rose1948 chapter 8 . 5/15/2012
Wow. Quite the eye-opener for poor Kodachi, eh? Still, she had the evidence right there before her eyes. Yet, never once did she ask HOW Ranma's curse came to be. Then again, Ranma never mentioned he was cursed, did he. ::sighs:: Those two poor kids.

I enjoyed this chapter, hon. Hell, I'm enjoying the story. ::chuckles:: I think I said that before. I like how you're doing things. Shredding canon, or lightly grating it, I'm having a blast.

10:47 PM EDT
Rose1948 chapter 7 . 5/15/2012
::gigglefits:: That Tsubasa/Azusa date was a treasure! And Ukyo following them all over to see what was what was, IMHO, in character. She's curious. I wonder how Ranma knew what he knew, though. ::chuckles:: Is it possible that Tsubasa's not the only "master" of disguise in Nerima?

I'm really having fun reading this story, hon. Really and truly. I love your insights into the various characters as well. ::nods::

9:23 PM EDT
Rose1948 chapter 6 . 5/15/2012
Decisions are hard to make, aren't they? ::chuckles:: Do you go this way or that? Does Ranma kiss this girl or that one or the one standing shyly off to the side? Do you want fries with that or a salad? ::dux::

Nicely done. Even the little interactions between the rivals (male and female) was great. I'm hooked. I get to the end and see that voting for pairings stopped. I'd have to see how the others fleshed out anyway before I could make any kind of tentative choice in the matter. Oh well. I'll just have to be pleasantly surprised when I reach the end of the story. So far, it looks like it's still a going concern. ::chuckles::

9:06 PM EDT
Rose1948 chapter 5 . 5/15/2012
Oopsie! ::giggles:: Akane's found yet ANOTHER cookbook and now Mother Saotome has come to visit. Oh Dear Sweet Mercenaries' Guild! ::fol::

What I don't understand is why most folks don't like to see anything other than canon. No personal growth, no taking a peek at a side path to see what there is to see, just canon and nothing BUT canon. Don't they realize that the only ones who can write canon and have it BE canon are the original authors? ::shakes head:: Maybe I'm wrong, but... Canon is all well and good for a foundation. You already said, way back in ARDIN that there would be divergences due to the story line. So why are they... ::sighs:: I'll shut up now. They'll probably hate my own story with a passion once I get it fine-tuned and ready for postings. ::chuckles::

I, however, like this story! It's fun and funny. It's all "OMG! I didn't see THAT coming!" and "He/She did WHAT?" and... "Oops..." I'm having a blast reading your story! So... Yeah. For what it's worth, I'm enjoying the hell out of it as well as watching things unfold, get twisted, turned around on themselves, while hoping for panda death. ::eg::
Rose1948 chapter 4 . 5/15/2012
Another nicely done chapter. I like these little excursions into character growth. ::chuckles:: Lots of food for thought and even more "what if" situations.

As for Nabiki... ::snorts:: She's not my favorite by a long shot. Suffice to say that I agree with Ranma's assessment of her in the manga. Still haven't been able to view the anime. ::chuckles::

I'm liking this. Even if it HAS been a while since your posting and my reading. I'll be doing my best to play catch up.

5:27 PM EDT
Rose1948 chapter 3 . 5/14/2012
::chuckles:: Well, pooh. Still, I honestly never thought about how an OC can become a Mary Sue—even though the reason I no longer RP online is over-abundance of the biotches. ::laughs:: Nertz. You ARE a good writer, however, and you COULD probably make a snail into a Mary Sue. ::giggles::

Nice chapter, hon. Entertaining and a bit on the surprising side as both Ranma and Shampoo seemed to be growing up a wee bit. To me, anyway. ::nods:: Damn I wish I still had my old dragon dice. ::sighs:: Too many choices to simply flip a coin for. I'm gonna read a bit more to see what my mind settles around. ::chuckles:: Tomorrow. It's past my bedtime.

11:21 PM EDT
Rose1948 chapter 2 . 5/14/2012
Geez... That Mousse. In the immortal words of Bugs Bunny, what a maroon. Yoish! Peking Duck, duck soup, duck dumplings, duck stir fry... Yeah.

Nice chapter. I remember reading, somewhere, that Ms. Takahashi did a right royal character assassination on every female character BUT Akane in the manga. Also, the reason the manga was so rushed toward the end was that she wanted to move on to another manga. I think Inuyasha, but I'm not sure. My memory isn't. ::chuckles::

I guess "nobody from Nerima" IS rather loose and all. ::thinks:: Surprise us all with an original character? I mean, IMHO, you're a damned creative writer, hon. I'm sure you could come up with something guaranteed to sneakily knock our socks off when we're not looking. ::eg::

11:01 PM EDT
Rose1948 chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
::chuckles:: Poor Ranma. He's like that old Morton Salt commercial in that it never rains but it pours. Poor kid. And the way Genma "raised" him isn't helping either. He hardly knows anything any other person his age would.

For right now, I'd say no one from Nerima for the simple fact that they all do a Daffy Duck and holler "Mine! Mine! Mine!" at every opportunity. He's not a person to them. He's a trophy to be placed on a shelf and dusted off every once in a while. Even his parents do that to him.

Your stuff is great. Not sure if I mentioned that before. ::chuckles::

10:32 PM EDT.
Eveon chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
I'd like Natsume and her sister to get more development. It's been a while since I've seen a good Ranma fanfic, they used to be so popular too.
Frosty Wolf chapter 26 . 2/23/2012
One of the best Ranma stories out there, I hope you continue this at some point.
Demons Of Doom chapter 26 . 2/17/2012
Nice story!
EVA-Saiyajin chapter 26 . 1/15/2012
Awesome chapter, as always. Keep up the good work, and please update soon!
tacaloking chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
i have been reading this story for many years and i love this story you did a great job on writing this story
Dick Rash chapter 16 . 11/6/2011
Wait, what happened to Gelf and Akane's sudden 'blow-over' attitude? I'm confused.
799 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »