Reviews for On Honest Winds
rebecca taylor chapter 1 . 3/16
Love it
Kaylessa chapter 1 . 7/9/2014
I really like this. There are fanfictions aplenty coming from Shuuhei's point of view and how much he looked up to Kensei (I mean jeez, it's LITERALLY written on his face) but what I love is the meaning you gave behind Kensei's connection to Shuuhei. I really like that you used the experience to ground Kensei in his morals as a human so he didn't get lost as a Hollow. Everyone else that I've seen write this kind of scenario didn't give Kensei that kind of meaning, and I really love how you did it. Bravo, my friend, Bravo! I also love how angry and distressed Shuuhei was at Kensei, instead of immediate hero worship. Great job, I love it! I do kind of hope to see another chapter, just to see Shuuhei's reaction to Kensei becoming captain.
StrangerInAStrangeWorld chapter 1 . 3/7/2014
So incredibly in-character and harshly tender. I'll count this as one of my favorites forever.
Viridian chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Thank you very much for writing this short story. I really wanted to see the reactions of Soul Society to the reappearance of some lost captains and vice-captains, but we never saw much at all. I'm glad you picked up a small but meaningful moment to explore.
Sweetiedogood chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Oooh this was good. I like the idea that Kensei would latch onto his last good memory and make them equal.
JaxWin chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
This was a great read ) I especially love how you didn't ignore that Hisagi spent decades with Tousen but minutes with Kensei. Haha, the only thing I want to know is what exactly was in Shinji's section to make it so universally reviled. Amazing work!
HyourinmaruIce chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
A good story. Great basis, not a light mood one but a good read.
young dawn chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
A brilliant piece of writing. Hisagi's thoughts, feelings, and confusion were completely tangible and realistic. The interaction between him and Kensei was well-crafted and well played out. Nice work.

Sora :)
South Western Djinn chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
I love it! I like how realistic Shuuhei's trauma is. It wouldn't be nearly as believable or as wonderful if he hadn't missed Tousen, besides it means that he and Kensei don't quite see eye to eye on that issue and could lead to some interesting scenes later!

Very beautiful and talented portrayal of the characters!
UNseated4TH chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
I love the interractions between these two, well done ;)
nikcik chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
My, my, this would probably be the best hisagi fic I have found up to now! Dialogues, characterisation amd setting are all masterpiece and that's what I've been looking for but couldn't find in many other fics :) I love it when some physical hurt/comfort is completed with well-written character dynamics :) It all seems so real and natural in your story, everyone in character and still no cliches or posing. I'm impressed and thank you for posting such a great story :)
manjuria chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
I really really liked it. You managed to show them as they are, Shuuhei, Kensei and Shinji. I like the fact that although the war is over so few things are straightened, so much tension and hurt is still in the air. It's the way it should be. Relation between Shuuhei and Kensei is just perfect, something between deep bond, accusations and mutual expectations. Just great!

I definitely have to look through your other stories and find more fics that would suit my taste when it comes to topics because I already trust your writing skills :D
Ell Bee Someone Else Now chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
This is very good indeed - well-written, tightly plotted, the emotional range well-crafted. Give yourself a treat, and read this story.
darkangel1992 chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
I just loved this story it was very well writen and everything great work ! One of the best KenseixShuuhei story I have ever read and I mean it.. I'm a huge fan of this story know:)

Hope ou will write more of this pairing
Something chapter 1 . 10/15/2009