Reviews for Ginger in Australia
sjb152 chapter 14 . 4/29/2011
I keep coming back to these stories. Love how you do Bertie especially. Got terribly fond of him. Thank you for the entertainment.
caniGou chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
great story so far! It's just like a real biggles book. its very long which is good but i'll have to read the rest later! well done, i can't believe there's not more reviews :D
davela chapter 14 . 11/2/2009
A good yarn - I love your characterisation - it's spot on and believable. Well done.

My earlier comments re the inaccuracies about are the only downers for this story; also your references to the 'dark-skinned natives' are really out-dated. The indigenous aboriginal population really should not be characterised in that fashion. I don't think aboriginal people have behaved in that fashion for many, many, many years. They're fair dinkum Aussies, mate (the originals, actually) - quite civilised and highly unlikely to run around throwing spears at hapless convoys!

As always, I enjoy your portrayal of my favourite fiction heroes!
davela chapter 4 . 11/2/2009
I enjoy your stories and find them well written. Unfortunately this one is losing some credibility because I don't think you've done sufficient research about Australia.

e.g. in Chapter 4 you talk about Ginger and his friend's Melbourne Cup winnings being in 'Australian Pounds'. That made me think the story must have been set back in the 1950s or early 1960s because we changed to decimal currency - $ and cents - in February 1966. However, you then mention Melbourne's airport as being Tullamarine. Tullamarine opened as Melbourne's airport in 1971 (five years after the introduction of decimal currency). Prior to that, Melbourne's airport was Essendon.

Given these timeframe issues, I also wondered about the aircraft ('jetliner') that Ginger flew out with on BOAC (also a bit outdated - they changed their name quite some years ago, too) being a Comet?

Sorry to be so picky, but these things tend to spoil the story's credibility. Also, with the Melbourne Cup - it is quite the thing for men to wear morning dress and top hats (even today!).

As i said, I enjoy your stories - but wonder how much you know about Australia?