Reviews for The Legend of Zelda: Sacred Reliquary
Hexatona chapter 33 . 7/1
Wow... Just stunning. Your story had it all. Mystery, politics, adventure, combat. And all written in beautiful prose. Yours is one of those stories I would want to share with people. It's so refreshing and interesting to see a well written tale about what it would be like if Zelda was the corrupted piece of the story.

Sooo... I did a thing.

I run a channel on youtube called ARandomAudiobookAppeared. I take fanfictions I think are awesome, turn them into TTS audiobooks, and put them on youtube.

I make them as non-terrible as possible.

First, the stories are read by Microsoft Zira, their most advanced voice yet.

Second, I fix spelling mistakes.

Third, I fix pronunciation of new words so they are spoken properly.

Fourth, I add appropriate pauses for sentences, paragraphs, breaks, and in dialogue.

Fifth, and most important, I change the pitch between dialogue and narration so that it's 20x easier to understand when someone is talking.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. And, anyone else, too. I can't post links, but if you look up ARandomAudiobookAppeared, or Legend of Zelda Sacred Reliquary on youtube, I'll be front and centre.
sorutan chapter 33 . 5/27
So the first time I read this was last year, right after I had my wisdom teeth removed and was completely stoned off of pain medication. Back then I thought it was the absolute best Zelda fiction I read, but as per the loopiness, I didn't get to actually put my thoughts together on this coherently and give you feedback.

So here we are right now, with me rereading this fic wondering if I am going to have the same reaction as before when I was high and missing teeth from my mouth.

I believe my favorite parts of this story are the quiet moments. Yes, you wrote the fight scenes stunningly and make me very envious of your abilities to make such a climatic and adrenaline-inducing plot, but the subdued moments is where Sacred Reliquary really shines. The best example of this is the last part of the final chapter, a runner up being the Gang's time in the mountains with Valoo. It's where you can see the true beauty of your writing, where you make your impact on the reader and portray a real sense of imagination. This takes a much darker route than normal Zelda games, and you change the characters and environment along with it (not necessarily a bad thing, by the way), yet the everlasting feeling of wonder and mystery especially that Zelda is known for is still an underlying mood throughout the story, which is an incredible feat. You can see this most clearly in the quiet moments.

I also adore how you handled the characters and plot. To see Zelda finally corrupted by the tempations of power, and Ganondorf growing old and weary and regrettable from his past actions, it was all spectacular to see. This shows again how the same themes of a Zelda game are shown even with your changes and tweaks; all of these characters have been through hell, and while their situations are different, they're still the same characters that we all know. They act the same way, and we expect them to react the same way to challenges in this fiction even though they likely have never encountered situations like they had in Sacred Reliquary. You stay true to the series while also taking the creative liberties and touches that makes it your own unique story.

In short, yes, I still think this was as good as when I first read it.

You first published this in 2009 and finished it two years ago. I don't even know if you're writing still, or what you're doing with yourself nowadays. I doubt that if this review reaches you it'll have any significane. But I can at least say with confidence that you have an incredible gift, and writing is something you should continue to pursue in the future. This story in of itself is a treasure, something so unique that in my constant quest for good fan fiction, I rarely see anything that comes even close to the calibre of writing you provided here. I hope to see more from you in the future, but if not, no biggie. Just appreciate what you've given fans and be proud of wht you've accomplished up to this point. I hope you have a great day.
Rowknan chapter 15 . 3/8
Another great chapter. I've got a question: (I know you haven't updated in a while I'm just asking) Due to the fairly recent revelations of Skyward Sword of Ganon and Zelda both being gods in mortal forms, would you have included this in your myrhos? And if that is true would Link have been the reincarnated Fierce Deity?
Rowknan chapter 3 . 3/7
Enjoying this so far. I liked how you portrayed a righteous Ganondorf: doing his best for the people but still living up to his legacy of blood and hate. My only criticism is that in the beginning you switched up the tenses from present to past. Good to know your being consistent now though.
kittymitts119 chapter 33 . 1/16
Erm Ma Gurd...
This is the best fanfic EVA !
I looove Vaati! 0
I Looooove This Fic!
I was moping around and found this Wonderful Fic on someone's profile and I was like, 'Legend of Zelda? Cool' and I read on and I was so touched.
You're an Amazing Author.
Best Fic Ever.
Oraandlink chapter 1 . 12/14/2015
I will read this later. Later.
But now is the time for essays and other fun things.
BULLY135 chapter 33 . 10/1/2015
a beautiful story

random utopia1769 chapter 33 . 1/8/2015
Just wow, that's all I can say this fanfic has, well I don't know I can't think of anything to put other thank you for writing this fanfic. This is one of if not the best fanfic I have ever had the joy of reading.
Doomblade chapter 9 . 12/8/2014
Well Zeldas seeming like a real b so far.
You will fear my laser face chapter 33 . 12/2/2014
Crying like a bitch over here.
Guest chapter 33 . 11/27/2014
Awesome story, can't wait for the next story!
BrazeRancor chapter 33 . 11/5/2014
I could write a few paragraphs on what I thought of your story. It's ups and downs, twists and turns and people and places. But really that all just feels like unnecessary filler. You know what you wrote, I know what you wrote. I even thought of writing some sappy ending line like how 'your story was beautiful like the setting sun on the sea' or whatever.

But what I will write is; thank you. Thank you so much for writing this.
Jhojji chapter 33 . 9/28/2014
That was... Beautiful. I have no other ways to describe it. It was one of the few story's I've read that almost made me cry when it ended- not from the written ending, although that was sort of heartwarming in a strange and fuzzy way- but from knowing I won't get to experience anything with these characters anymore. The plot was amazing, although a little slow at first, but the characters and twists and the sheer awesomeness of this story... It just makes me so sad it's over... Anyway, thank you for writing this masterpiece for us, and I hope you continue writing these epics for us. Sorry for rambling, but your now included in my list of 3 authors who I check up on regularly. Thanks again!
GlassGazer chapter 33 . 9/20/2014
There are few who can manipulate letters into a formation of breathtaking art. There are even fewer who manage to do that in but a few sentences. You are one of those few.
Paradox Dreams chapter 33 . 9/17/2014
Some stories are tragedies. But we are better for reading them.

Thank you for the tale.