Reviews for Landlocked
FinalFallenFantasy chapter 15 . 5/13/2011
I have really enjoyed this story. I felt that it was a nice length - not too short and not dargging either. Overall, it's a very nice read :). There are quite a few nonsensical bits, though, like the idea of 'orange rainbows' reflecting off Ariel's blue land-dress in chapter 6; rainbows can't physically be one colour. Was it meant to be the reflection of the sun's setting rays?

Another thing I noticed a lot of the way through was that Ariel seems to have a lot of dialogue with verbs like 'squealed', which is impossible as she is mute, which you do acknowledge quite often. There is also the fact that, despite the body language element, which could help, lip-reading is very difficult, especially if the person 'speaking' is very excited and/or speaking very fast, and although miming helps, it will take a while to get the message across.

However, I did like the little moments like when Jim understands her better than the others around her, either because he has spent three intensive days with her and has gotten used to the way she shows what she means, or because he feels on the same wavelength (pardon the pun) as her.

As I said, overall this is a very nice tale to read, though it could use work in some parts, but it is definitely one of my favourite Jim X Ariel fics out there.
Beforethedawnbreaks chapter 16 . 3/1/2011
Oh my gosh! This story was great! You have to write a sequel! Maybe some one-shots about them too. I would love to read more about this couple.
Spirit of the Dead chapter 15 . 1/20/2011
Really, this was truly a masterpiece. I couldn't stop reading it, I had to bring my charger to work so my phone wouldn't die. It was very unique and well crafted. Words just really fail me at the moment XD Sorta sad that you wont be writing more fanfics of this pairing, but you managed to produce a great story anyways. I just discovered this pairing three weeks ago and am starting my own fanfic. I'd be honored if you'd read it when I'm done working out all the kinks and begin to post it.

Anyways, don't stop writing! Even if you don't write more JimXAriel, you are a great author.

Chow! 3
Phantom 4 Life chapter 15 . 1/5/2011
Gah! I'm male and I'm over 18! I shouldn't like this! So why do I like this so damn much! CURSE YOU IESNOTH! Curse you for writing such a touching, romantic tale! GAH!

-P4L
SolrSurfr3 chapter 10 . 12/23/2010
Poor Jim! He's completely heartbroken and doesn't even know how Ariel really feels about him. Can this guy just not get a break!
capostrophe chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
I read this story on dA and loved it, I was so excited to find it here! Your writing style is awesome, and I love the way you portray Ariel/Jim. I hope I see more A/J stories from you in future!
IrisedLuna chapter 15 . 9/16/2010
Just finished this through DeviantArt! Woohoo!

I already posted some comments on some of your chapters (as mijelly) but there is no adequate way to express my happiness for the two of them.

Also, you created a very smart ending. I love the idea of Ariel having whole new worlds to discover while learning to be a diplomat as well. Ha. Even in space, she would still be in a higher position than Jim.
Tohokari-Steel chapter 15 . 9/4/2010
Hey! It's me, Tohokari-Steel!

I dropped out of your stories on deviantart (in retrospect, I should've added ya to my deviantWatch list).

I love this story. I just love how you blend Treasure Planet and Little Mermaid (both of which are among my favorite Disney movies).

This fic got me hooked on the Jim/Ariel pairing (and, usually, I don't roll with X-Over pairings).

And the ending was so sugary-sweet that it should NOT be read by diabetics (just a little joke I often use).

Catch ya later!

Your friendly, neighborhood TLSoulDude! (jumps away, singing the old Spider-Man theme song)
Spottedleafpaw chapter 15 . 8/16/2010
See, told you I'd come review! :D

lol wow i need to stop stalking you today... ergh im sorry.

Anyways, this story was utterly amazing. I am very happy to admit that it was the first actual fanfiction of this *adorable* pairing that I have read, and I'm happy I did... cause I checked out the others that are on here, and there is basically no creativity (besides the one where Jim in the end turns into a merman.) Every other story just added the other character into a complete retelling of either movie, pretty much, but you added new characters, genuine feelings and in depth exploration of the two main character's feelings, and just a fun, happy ride through their world which I could not put down (my ipod was glued to my hand as I cleaned out the garage today... no lie. I got yelled at by my dad XD)

All in all, I loved it more than words :) Yours might be one of the better successful blendings of Jim and Ariel's worlds. I hope I can come up with a good plot for whatever fun stuff I end up writing, 'cause nothing is gonna top this :)

Have a nice day! :P

~Spotty
lovesaphira chapter 15 . 8/10/2010
This has to be one of the best fanfics i've read. I know this because i never get emotional reading fanfictions (or normal books, for that matter). but i was actually teary at the end when Jim didn't want to see Ariel. That's how much you made me care for the characters.

I also like your writing style coz its not too simple but not hard to read either. i usually get one or the other here. hehe :D
LoveLifeAlways90 chapter 15 . 8/10/2010
Its over? thats sad. OH well I guess every great story has to end. But I have to say it was fun while it lasted. Great ending. It was worth the waite.
imaginethatt chapter 15 . 8/9/2010
OMG! This was an AMAZING story. I am so glad I got to read it!

I am so sad it's over though :(

Are you going to write a sequel?
Aggressively Hospitable chapter 15 . 8/9/2010
That was one amazing ride, that was really such a great ending, love the way Triton played it in the end. And I totally understand the 'taste' of 'home', because home is where the heart is, and when your heart is with someone else, where ever that person is, that's where home can be.
BriNicole101 chapter 14 . 8/9/2010
AAUUGGHHHH i love this story! i found it this morning and i just couldnt tear away from it! i absolutely love this couple and think that they are adorable! i cant wait for the next chapter i literally screamed when i found out i couldnt go on to the next chapter. if at all possible i would love a book! i unfortuantly am broke and my familys been going through some tough times. you are an amazing writer and i am very inspired by this. i love everything about this story. i love the romance. i love how i cant wait for the next chapter. i love how when the story has so much drama i literally want to cry or get angry along with the character. and i love how the story is my own personal addiction :D thanks for the awesome story and i cant wait for more.

God Bless

-Brittany

LuzzMalfoy chapter 14 . 7/27/2010
Well, it's hard to believe that this amazing story is going to an end soon... I hope the end could be good, not very pink but neither too sad, just good.

See you in next chapert.
104 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »