Reviews for Damaged Goods
Ally chapter 5 . 2/15
Wow, really powerful and beautifully written! I wish we would have seen such a conversation on the show...
mmkbrook chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
It really suprised me that the team didn't understand how a female captive is treated. Very well written chapter.
Guest chapter 5 . 10/20/2012
OH MY GOD PLEASE KEEP WRITING
I MIGHT DIE IF I DONT KNOW WHAT AHPPENS NEXT
I KNOW ITS AN OLD STORY BUT PLEASE OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING I CANT EVEN EXPLAIN HOW GOOD THIS IS

KEEP
WRITING
!
Catmint chapter 5 . 9/26/2012
This is really really good. I love the dynamic between the two and your writing style is excellent. Good characterisation, good pace, emotions coming through clearly. Love it.
Amilyn chapter 5 . 5/23/2012
"She wore the same dazed look she had when they had found her."

Yes. Because it takes her right back there. And Gibbs...brilliant to acknowledge that, yes, he DOES see her differently...but know that saying so would hurt her. And to tell her he's proud...perfect. And it's such a perfect, in-character description of Ziva starting to say something, stopping herself, remaining silent, believing that no one else has ever been proud of her, that she's never been *enough*. Then her slipping out and rebuilding her walls and persona, moving on...it all fits. VERY well done.
Amilyn chapter 4 . 5/23/2012
EXCELLENT work with her being, from the point where she hit the hard stuff, unable to sit still...that nervous energy coming out in movement is SO true and authentic. And her description of the "one more moment, then one more moment" is worded to carry the urgency of those moments. Then, when she gets to the point of realizing that, after they gave up on torturing her for information, that she became "only a woman" and no longer someone defending her country, just an object to her captors...the description of the basement closing in, of Gibbs making her breathe through the panic...it's brilliant. And her desperation for him not to see her as changed, her desperation NOT to have Vance's ill-chosen words (used to manipulate, I know) *define* her...fantastic.
Amilyn chapter 3 . 5/23/2012
I like Gibbs' comment "Are you trying to convince me or yourself?"...very apt. And you've captured, in so few words, the tragedy of Ziva, "You suffer, you survive, and you suffer some more" in that the tragedy is that she considers that not only to be a given...but the ONLY given. You've also done a nice job with her hearing her father's voice in her head the whole time, his disapproval adding to the torture itself. Well done.
Amilyn chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
"She relayed facts. Just the bare bones of it all, ending with an apology. Her pain was unmistakable as was her regret."

Nicely written. And SO insightful about trauma and grief over same: the facts, and only the facts, told *around* the pain rather than with acknowledgement of it.

"When you are ready to tell me the rest, I will be here."

This is my favorite version of what he has said to her that I've read. A quiet, "I know there's more, and I'm able to hear it when you're able to tell it," is so right. And I think you're right (Gibbs is right) that she was broken...doesn't mean she can't be put back together but that, as you say, it will be DIFFERENT. I like that Gibbs feels-and accepts-this new fragility, and tells her, as a result, that the killer with the dark heart died in the desert. Nice read on this scene. Thank you.
BrightlyShining chapter 5 . 3/21/2011
Hey,

I am not directly sure how I came across your story since it's been finished such a long time ago. However, I enjoyed reading it. I love your style of writing and the way you presented the characters of Gibbs and Ziva while talking. Nicely done.
Cricket Songs chapter 5 . 3/13/2010
Yeah, I know I'm totally late in reviewing this but I thought I'd reviewed it before and apparently I hadn't...but I've been returning to this story to re-read it a few times over the past few months, and I totally didn't realize that it belonged to you.

I should let you know that I really love this piece. You've got a good insight into the dynamic between Ziva and Gibbs...and I like that you've actually gone in and gotten your hands dirty resolving some of the off-screen tensions that the actual writers of the show seem so bent on ignoring. Like Ziva's actual post-Somalia baggage.

Anyways, keep it up!

I love reading your stories :

- Cricket
Heavensdarkrosechild chapter 5 . 10/28/2009
That was darkly beautiful and amazing :)
Ditte3 chapter 5 . 10/27/2009
this is beautiful.
LyanaDavid chapter 5 . 10/25/2009
I love it! All of it. It's very well written and very in character. I can picture this happening in the real show universe. You found the right words to describe it to picture Ziva and make us feel how deep she was changed by what happenned to her. You found a way to convey all the emotion...

Great job

Lyana
Ashes of Fire chapter 5 . 10/25/2009
Ah, what can I say? Fantastic chapter as with the others. There will be more, right? Please say yes! I really like the way you had Ziva tell Gibbs that he was the first to be proud of her - though I bet Ari did say it to her when she was younger.
M E Wofford chapter 5 . 10/25/2009
Ah...poor Gibbs.

And Ziva...OMG.

Good job.

And loved the description at the very end about her filing it all away...great image.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »