Reviews for The Longest Summer
NicolaClaire chapter 29 . 8/8/2014
I really loved this story, I did. But after the last two chapters I am just so done. The way you write about mindless violence makes me sick. I had to watch my brother lie comatose in a hospital for 4 days before he died seizing and bleeding because some idiot friend took a cue from books and TV and thought punching him would be 'no big deal'. I watched 4 lives fall apart after one was lost completely because people like you perpetuate the idea that punching someone in the head repeatedly hard enough to give them a concussion, break their nose and need stitches is something that should be celebrated rather than thrown in fucking prison for. The fact that Jake punched him over something so fucking pathetic? And then again whilst unconscious? Let me tell you right now, that right there would have been MORE than enough for a Subdural Haematoma. But no, apparently you and the characters in your story think a concussion can be laughed off! That he 'deserved it' because despite the fact that he was in an unbelievably dark place, violence is funny! You've basically just written about the circumstances that took my baby brother from me, and laughed it off as if it was some kind of joke. Do you understand that children read these stories? Whether or not they're supposed to? And do you understand the kind of mindset that develops as they grow up if they constantly see and read about situations where someone has done something so heinous as to physically attack another human being unprovoked and everyone around them either justifies it or just laughs at it? I really hope you're proud of that.
Atwiggs chapter 8 . 7/27/2014
Wow, now that was a kiss! Damn!
ImVannaInspireMe chapter 15 . 7/14/2014
Ok...Ok... Im in love with the story...as a newbie..it doesn't mean much but I love ya
ritamistry chapter 31 . 7/2/2014
I read this again and I love this fic, I know its cheeky of me but, I wish you would write another epilogue.
Whitlock.Mason.McCarty.Cullen chapter 32 . 6/26/2014
YAY! wow... you really suck with this story! I loved the amount of depth you sewed into your characters. The camp scene was most definitely fun and you really did a great job with all the other supporting characters! You also kept things pretty real, and I can appreciate that. great writing and great plot!
Lulutbo chapter 32 . 6/8/2014
I wish there was a post wedding life future take...hint hint loved this adorable yet realistic tale! Great read!
Debra doo chapter 32 . 6/5/2014
Thank you, Honey bun!
Tarbecca chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
Recommended in the Fic Dive over at ADF! :)
1 grandma chapter 32 . 4/27/2014
Love the story thank you for writing it.
Violet K. Odin chapter 2 . 4/6/2014
Hey i just wanted to comment about how you mentioned 'Secretary' in this story. For some reason it reminded my of 50 shades of Grey. How weird huh? Great story! :D
ReaderKat chapter 32 . 3/23/2014
Really great story, brought back summer camp "crush" memories with a vengeance! Thanks so much for sharing,
Guest chapter 32 . 2/19/2014
This story is so hilarious, it made me smile so much thank you!
nolongerlurking chapter 32 . 1/27/2014
You really knocked it out of the park with this one! Especially the last 5 chapters where you upped the angst and the plot twists and turns. Thanks for the HEA outakes, I can't stand it unless they are happy in the end. Great job.
BarbyBells chapter 32 . 1/2/2014
aww... i love this story! so funny! and sweet! they are so cute together!
Penny chapter 16 . 11/6/2013