Reviews for We All Want to Change the World
Wren Truesong chapter 10 . 9/17
pancakes make an excellent substitute for popcorn when you're watching Cordelia Happen To People Who've Hurt Aral. Getting to see Laisa settle in her feelings for Gregor, and to see that Gregor's very first thought was of her, was also very lovely. And of course watching Piotr Miles... mwahahahahhaa. Go, Taura.
Bergholt Stuttley Johnson chapter 10 . 11/21/2018
I don't get the last line.
Talktidy chapter 10 . 10/24/2016
This is a great story.

Seems spot on for the characters and your prose is not too shabby either.
Vivtek chapter 10 . 4/13/2011
There is fanfic that doesn't capture Miles Vorkosigan.

There is fanfic that does capture Miles Vorkosigan.

And then there is this. The voice isn't really Bujold - but it is most definitely just as good, and most definitely Vorkosigan, and with entirely Bujoldian Crowning Moments of Awesome.

Vehemently favorited. Please keep writing stuff this good. I've stayed up two hours past my intended bedtime for this story, unable to stop before it was done.
selene chapter 10 . 10/24/2010
This story is as good as the Vorkosigan canon. I've just read through the entirety of Tides and its sequel in one afternoon, unable to put it down.

This adventure had everything a Vorkosigan story should: mayhem, politics, offhand references to past events, bewildered commanding officers, and of course bystanders - innocent and mercenary alike - swept up in Miles' irresistable forward motion.

I was disappointed at the end of Tides that the younger Miles - the one who properly belongs to this timeline - lost both his title and his fleet. I'm glad that you acknowledged his loss with that brief reaction to being just "Lord Miles" again. I hope that he and Mark get a chance to form their own adult personalities in this reality.
carick of hunter moon chapter 10 . 10/17/2010
This is outstanding it is a very well thought out sequel to your early story.

It is very well written and develops nicely from chapter to chapter.

The dialog is spot on for the characters of Vor / Barrayar books and this is what make this such a good sequel.

Well done, and thank you for your story.
THANKYOU chapter 10 . 9/11/2010
THIS ROCKS
Aerafel chapter 10 . 8/26/2010
This series is excellent, you have left so many odd plot points open I sincerely hope you plan to write more sometime soon!
Lady Addiction chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
I read this at bujold-fic and I've become a tremendous fan of your writing. I love this universe and I couldn't let it pass without letting you that I really enjoyed reading the exploits of the two Miles. I'm especially captured at the idea of Pyotr and Beiru, and am dearly hoping that you'll write more of this universe soon!

Oh, btw, many, many thanks! Was stalking your LJ and saw your note on cryoburn. Headed immediately to purchase the e-arc and I fell in love with the book. Okay, I was creeped out by the whole race of people just living to be cryofrozen, and I was somewhat dreading the book may become a theological/political treatise on immortality and God issues, and am tremendously relieved that Lois hasn't lost touch with the sense of fun, adventure, and whimsy that for me really characterizes her books! Anyway, just wanted to let you know that your head's up was much, much appreciated!
Helena chapter 10 . 12/14/2009
I love. You have captered Miles voices perfectly. Both Miles I should say. It was very interesting, actionfilled and believable.
0ct0pus chapter 9 . 11/17/2009
That was brilliant! I thought that the perspective shifts were confusing, but the characterization was spot-on, and the plot had the required unintentional escalation. Perhaps Admiral Nasmith was a bit too loose-lipped, but the scene about accidentally spacing the Emperor was hilarious. Especially the bit about lightbulbs.
J. Palmgren chapter 10 . 10/21/2009
This holds a considerably higher standard of writing than "A Short Victorious Vor" and while the strange continuity and multitude of dropped names and unexplained back-stories make the fic occasionally a bit messy to follow, the scope of the fic has so far been small enough that it still fairly easy to reason out how the plot has broken with original continuity. You have actually taken the trouble to write at least half of the combat in a logical and succinct fashion which has also raised the level of the fic.

If you should decide to expand your writing you still need to give more backstory and give a slower paced and more reasoned through plot where every main character is recognized because you have described him and his motivations, and presented him as a part of the plot, and not because the reader has read the works of Bujold and therefore manage to make some fairly educated guesses about who if who and why they are where they are.

I also believe if you paced the beginning of your plot better and made yourself a chart of events, people and motivations before you write it could (assuming your plots got properly fail checked in advance) allow you to write on a close to professional level. You obviously have your own strong opinions regarding the characters you adopt so if you either:

A) Write original material

B) Get some feedback and help in order to not butcher your own plot as well as other peoples opinion on the character, actions and motivations on your borrowed characters.

You could do so much better.
Allyse chapter 10 . 10/21/2009
This can't be complete! You've left us with too many loose ends!

I've loved every bit of this and oh, that was the Cordelia we knew and cheered during the Pretendership. Fabulous stuff. But I want more. :)
Obi1Nemogbr chapter 10 . 10/21/2009
This was great.

I like the continuing saga of an Alternate Universe Vorkosigan Saga.

I hope you continue.

Wondering whether Miles Naismith will marry his landscape gardener if she has again become a widow or is he into the Komarran reporter? She did show some Amazon traits that he finds irresistible.

Perhaps Piotr will meet Ekaterin instead?
Allyse chapter 7 . 10/20/2009
You shot Miles with a NEEDLER.

AGAIN.

I thought *my* heart was going to stop!

Taura was fabulous, as was Laisa. This is so, so good. Can't wait for the next chapter.