Reviews for Liberation
danian chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
That was just brilliant. I loved the way they slipped into and out of EBD's storytelling. Also love that they quite liked their lives, just would rather they made sense. Such fun, thank you!
MARKTAHA chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
Obviously life after EBD!
Heliopause chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
Several Characters Definitely Not In Search Of An Author!
Poor old EMD! This skewers some of the more gormless aspects of her writing (and is a cautionary fable for all writers, I expect!)
Someone chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
Dear Chaletian, please stop writing such inappropriate stories. I think that you should be blocked from the site until you can write something better. We seem to have lost the 'school' part of 'Chalet School'. I'd post my own, but I don't know how (instructions would be nice), but why write about couples *clears throat* when you can write about people having midnight feasts in the dorm, or pulling spectacular pranks. They're SCHOOL stories. Keep them that way.
Yours sincerely,
Someone
Anonymous chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
What's the point? WHY ARE ALL THESE STORIES SO RUBBISH?
SS chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Love it! :)
constantlearner chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
I like it.
morganminpin chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
And I thought I was the only one who found Nancy and Kathie to be a bit too friendly with each other!
Black Goddess chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
loved this! tone was spot on, so many wonderful little phrases. really nice work!
Jo chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
LOL. LOL.
slytherinsal chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
heh heh, very witty! EMB certainly did have her foibles [badly constructed paragraphs being one of my pet bugbears] and if you can't make fun of what you love, you aren't loving well enough. i'm re-reading all the chalet school books i have - which isn't all by a long chalk though e-bay is helpful - and this is a real chuckle. thanks!
Littlegreenlady chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
I love this story... made me laugh. So true! Something jasper Fforde-esque about the characters being alive. More like this :D
undertaker chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
awful?

I TRULY HATE IT. BORING!

IS THAT THE BEST U CAN WRITE

LOSER!
anatolealice chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
BWAHAHAHAHA! That was awesome. I'm glad Jo finds it a relief not to have to pop around to the school all the time because I was wondering how she could be bothered what with all her little children...

I'm going to have to start re-reading again now :-)
helva2260 chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
You know, I'm not certain if I find this funny, disturbing, or full of pathos... I definitely like it though!

I love the premise that the characters would prefer to be carrying on less straight-jacketed lives, but have to obey whenever their writer is paying attention to them. And I love the way all the characters are immediately recognisable even while they're chafing at their invisible restraints.