Reviews for Neon Genesis Evangelion: Mother Issues
Alphalegioner chapter 5 . 3/29/2021
Don't tell me that Rei is going to die again.
Alphalegioner chapter 2 . 3/29/2021
I even suspect where NERV-Ukraine.
Guest chapter 19 . 9/11/2016
I know what is in Terminal Dogma! A DUCK!
Wing Zero Alchemist chapter 2 . 5/23/2014
You really need to finish this series so you can explain who the hell Sakura is and what is going on!
The Crimson Apocrypher chapter 10 . 2/15/2014
Gotta love how you've made Sachiel a troll here in this series - making the Angels adopt human mannerisms like this is a great twist.
The Crimson Apocrypher chapter 8 . 2/15/2014
Awesome Gai reference with Shinji's return from NERV-LUNA.
Gemini011 chapter 19 . 3/16/2013
I am loving this series so far... and it's fun to see stuff that I enjoyed in "Nobody Dies" in its first incarnation here (or in your other fics). It definitely makes me sad to see that the next part hasn't been updated since 2009... you have all these (apparently iterative?) awesome AUs going, but it seems like none of them is finished. It sads me sir. It sads me very much.

I do really like the iterative AUs idea, and have since I first encountered it when reading the doujin "Re-Take." You do a really good job of just hinting at it, giving little clues (kinda like Kaworu's "this time" line in Rebuild 2.0... which is something I'm really looking forward to seeing the resolution to in Rebuild 4.0... assuming Anno doesn't go off his meds again and tell us all to shove it).

Anyway, looking forward to the next one... and then when that one runs out without finishing (not that I'm bitter...) I guess I'll go to another of your fics. Maybe I'll read one of the complete ones this time. :P

Thanks for writing!
Ryuus2 chapter 19 . 6/22/2012
You are an evil, Evil, genius sumb_tch. And probably one of the best writers I have ever seen. But d_mmit you're evil.

To sum up: Kyoko's alive, Naoko's alive, Rei #1 is alive, a laundry list of people are not b_stards, Lilith's on the moon, Angels are rebelling, someone is handing out superpowers and possibly superweapons, no one knows what's in the basement, Shinji's in a coma, Unit 01 has split personalities, and everything is apparently going according to the scenario Yui has implemted from within Unit 01 to fix things THIS TIME AROUND, meaning this probably isn't her first (or second) time around. Again, you are an evil genius.

Time for some Wild Mass Guessing: Sakura is Arael, acting as Lilith's agent on the Earth to fulfill /i/someone's/i/ scenario; Eva is based off Mana, which is probably not coincidental; Adam is missing for a reason that is very important because you haven't even used his name once in this series yet; Lieliel is going to srcew up the plans of up to a dozen people when it shows up in the next part; and for sh_t's and giggles, the shadowed man is an evil alternate Shinji whose presence is bleeding through to Shinji (like Archer to Shirou in Fate/Stay Night)who wants to screw the multiverse for the EVULS.

Keep up the great work!
Prodigal Priest chapter 19 . 6/17/2011
I can't believe you used *that* character in this fanfic:

"My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers! Grant unto thee the power of the glorious 'Mother of Destruction'!"

Is *that* who I think it is? o_0
Rose1948 chapter 19 . 10/20/2010
Wow. I didn't catch any of the things the other reviewers did. I simply read, and enjoyed, the story. Generally, I don't read the reviews while I'm reading a story because ~I~ want to read the story. ~I~ want to realize what I'm reading. ~I~ want what I'm thinking, feeling, about the story to be mine, not some type of subconscious assessment of other reviews. Makes it hard when the story is ongoing, but there you have it. I'm a Weird Old Bat. ::chuckles::

I liked it. I enjoyed it. I laughed. I... thought.

Thanks for sharing.
deitarionSSokolow chapter 19 . 7/28/2010
I have to say, you seem to be a one-man fandom. As far as I can remember, you are the author of all the truly well written Eva fics I've ever read which didn't just use one of the "template" plots like "do over", "cross in Ranma Saotome", etc. Even then, your writing is more nuanced than others'.

Borrowing from John Sheridan and Ken Sanada or not, you really have a knack for creating whole new elements rather than just extrapolating from existing ones and getting away with it. (This series being the best example of seen of that yet, but Nobody Dies also shows that talent in between focusing more on applying the underlying skill to coming up with comic moments) You don't just build upon the canon personalities and events, you identify what makes up their essence and then completely re-interpret them... sometimes applying subtle parodies of canonical moods and themes while you're at it.

It really wouldn't surprise me if that combination of skills makes you the best character author on all of FFnet.

Of course, in all fairness, I do have to admit that I am also an inherently cheerful person with a fondness for Dual! and an interest in quality characterization, so other readers may not share my opinion. (Dual's "villain or sidekick only" female roles aside, of course)
noob chapter 19 . 5/23/2010
It's an addiction. But let me ask you this:

If Lilith is under Hadsiel's care on the moon…

What is in Terminal Dogma?

i read this and i swore aloud...
iamnuff chapter 16 . 5/23/2010
i cracked up at the "yo dawg" in this chapter

"I have these sensors hooked in with all the other sensors around the base," Makato says, "You know, so I can do my job while doing my job?

yo dawg, so i heard you like your job? well i put sensors in your sensors so you can work while you work
Bonetti1982 chapter 19 . 5/13/2010
You forgot one thing for the running gags:

BAD GERMAN!

A good NGE-fanfic needs bad german. Theres no way around it!

Why? Ask someone who speaks german to translate you the german phrases used in original series. If they can understand them with that heavy japanese accent. I will never forget the painful laughing when Shinji was in Unit 02. "Think German!" "Baumkuchen."
Zyrano chapter 10 . 4/30/2010
I like what I've read so far, though as a German I have to say Asuka's lines in German while not wrong per se sound weird to my ears.

In chapter 7 she says just before she hits Kaworu, "Schließen Sie Ihren Mund!". That's an oddly formal and almost polite way of saying "shut up" and is not used like this in the German language. Better would be "Halt die Klappe!" or "Halt's Maul!".

Later in the same chapter she says, "Verfluchte deutsche Technik des Gottes!", which frankly makes no sense at all. Translated into English she says, "Damned German technology of god!" I guess you meant her to say something to the extend of "god-damned German technology". I'd suggest writing "Gottverdammte deutsche Technik!"

In the next chapter we have, "Gott verdammte Sohn von a Weibchen". I guess this is an example of a web-translation-tool failing to translate "You god-damned son of a bitch". A literal translation would be "Du gottverdammter Hundesohn!" or even better "Du gottverdammter Hurensohn!".

Finally we have "Es möchte die Kandare schmecken!". I actually had to look up what a Kandare is. It's the curb-bit of a horse harness that goes into the horse's mouth. I'm at a loss at what you actually try to say with that one.

If you need or want my help with future German phrases, just PM me and I'll try to help you to the best of my ability.