Reviews for Resolve
Kasanra chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
I laughed so hard in parts I hurt my throat trying to be quiet.
AoKanojo chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
I read your stuff on your profile page, that some people think you add too much comedy into your characterization. Perhaps you up the hilarity level in regards to the interactions between Hayami and Maya, but I personally find it incredibly amusing. You get two thumbs up from me.

It's obvious that Masumi and Maya are going to end up together in the end in the real series, but as it's limping along like a cripple (who knows how long it's going to take, running 35 years already) it's nice to see stories touching on them being together. I guess not "together together" in this story's instance, but the fact that Maya forgave him like that, it's a big sort of step.

I do hope you continue writing more stuff for this series; for such a long running series, it's pretty depressing that there are next to no stories for it. Thanks for writing!
Lady of the Hunt chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
Oooh...the emotional roller coaster these stories make me go through...ah...you rock!
DragonFire Princess chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Love the story, Hope you'll update the story, ASAP!
The Seekers Dream chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
Oh I loved it there are so few english fan fics for glass mask! This only is WONDERFUL! I do so hope you post more Maya and Masumi are to cute together! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
caeli chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
I just love your fanfiction! It's exactly what I want to read, and it put me in such a great joy.

You are the only one author who can match my expectations regarding Maya and Masumi's relationship!

Thank you very much. I loved the last sentence!
AnimeRedhead2 chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
HAHAAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAAHA that was the funniest ending ever i cracked up at it. I love this story. :}
lucy chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
cute story, while I was checking the summary of the latest glass mask post; I totally like where it's going, but we have to wait till july. So I decided to go to fanfiction, and I was so happy to see that someone FINALLY started writing something about those two. And you are talented!

I read the preview of great minds, and I really hope you post it soon, experimental or not, I would love to read it! just make your chapter long with a lot of masumi and maya in it! go go go!

I hope I cheered you enough!
ophelietta chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Whew! This is actually the first one of your stories that I read, before I went back and dug through the whole list, so now, re-reading it, I’m caught up on the “back story” of this fic. One of the things that struck me on the first read through (and which I think has more of an impact now, having read what’s come before) is how those “subtle shifts” have the power to alter the canon, but all in a very realistic, controlled, and utterly believable way – not to change the events wholesale, but to alter the reading of them, to give them even more depth and emotional power.

The Midsummer Night’s Dream show was probably my favourite performance in the manga so far (maybe because the scanlatations that I read used the original Shakespeare text?) and Masumi’s experience of it, and of Maya, was really fascinating to read. His words, at the end of Part I, are just so… unbelievably heartbreaking. It’s just incredible that he wagers so much on so little (well, not quite as little as he leads himself to believe) and that he, in the most insanely masochistic fashion possible, always puts her first.

I will never cease to love your Mizuki/Masumi interaction. Ever. Mizuki is the voice of reason, the bastion of sanity, and also purveyor of coffee. With her dry wit and logic and emotional intelligence and insight into Maya’s feelings for Masumi (unclouded, like his perceptions are, by romantic attraction to the girl), she is just such an absolutely necessary balancing force for Masumi who is caught in these gigantic, messy, insanely elaborate, self-defeating structures of his own making. And also, Mizuki and Masumi are just funny as hell:

“Ah, speaking of work," Masumi said, sensing that Mizuki wanted to say something (most likely about his sanity or lack thereof), "remember the time when I asked you to schedule meetings for me, and you would say nothing more than 'Yes sir', and not add, 'but only if you patch things up with the underage object of your affection'? I look back onto those days with fond reminiscence, wondering if they're ever to come again."

I know I’m going hyperbolic all over the place with the numerous things I love about your Glass Mask fic in general, but this paragraph just seals the deal for me in its unlocking and explanation of why he’s such a bastard (oh gods, such an entertaining one) when he’s dealing with Maya:

"I... I'm not myself when I'm with her," he said. He chuckled, shaking his head, and corrected himself, "No, the problem is that I'm too much like myself when I'm with her. There's something about her that makes me lose my judgement. Even if I tell myself that next time we meet, I'll treat her no better than anyone else, when I'm face-to-face with her, I can't resist doing everything in my power to usurp her attention. I'll say anything to surprise her, to entice her, to rattle her so much that she'll only see me, the rest of the world becoming nothing more than a background hum. It's childish, I know, and painfully obvious, but for the life of me, I can't stop doing it.”

Their reconciliation scene blew me away, as an emotional tug of war that actually gets somewhere that really, decisively changes what they are to each other. It’s so beautiful to see how so much of what has gone before can actually build up to a moment when they can be declared “friends”. Masumi’s reaction here, and later on when Maya forgives him, made my heart weep a little. Well, a lot. His vulnerability is just extraordinary, and it comes at such a great, difficult cost – it’s all “earned emotion”.

This just made me gleeful:

"’Let's get back to the party,’ he said. "I want to walk in when the gossip is at its height and cast the entire room into an awkward silence.’”

And this:

“Okay, he thought, walking into the mansion, ignoring the butterflies in his stomach. There's nothing to worry about. You'll just go in there, apologise, she'll say ‘How dare you’, punch you in the face and another part of you will die. Standard procedure.”

And this:

"Masumi decided to accept the fact that he no longer knew a single thing about the world, and felt rather good about it."

His absolute incoherence at her forgiveness is just so… so right. The way that whole scene goes down, it’s like a well-running engine, all the parts working together so smoothly and falling into place together, just to get to that point of emotional combustion – and I’m becoming just as incoherent as Masumi.

And some more of my favourite lines, just a wonderful capper to all these “shenanigans”:

“‘Have you ever felt,’ Masumi asked, almost childlike in his earnestness, ‘as though your life is nothing more than some god's plaything? That you're made to experience the most intense of emotions, simply because a bored deity likes laughing at the faces you make as you jump from utter despair to mindless elation?’

‘... Can't say that I have,’ the chauffeur answered, briefly considering taking a detour to an asylum, just to make sure Masumi was in his right mind

‘You're lucky,’ Masumi murmured. ‘It's an incredibly annoying feeling.’”
111 chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
everything is fine; jus go for great minds!.

A bout japanese culture, no one needs authenticity here, believe me. just awsome work. now go and post something!
Fan chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Oh that's so cute; but seriously you don't have to apologize. I think many of us just wanted to see what you call a down-to-earth characterisation by a writer as talented as yourself. Personally I'll wait, but don't be like you know who; frankly I can't guarantee to be 50 of age and still waiting ;...you probably can guess why. Anyway; persevere. This fandom needs writers, maybe I should write too. A little competition may induce you to post regularly...But it's been so long; I've nearly forgotten how to log in; I cant stand seeing my poor fics unfinished anymore.
Kyouya-Haruhi-Forever chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
I am honestly falling in love with all your stories. They are precious gems in this small fandom. Please update your stories ASAP as I cannot go on living without knowing what will happen next! Update Update Update!
fan chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
I read all your series of one-shots and though I like most of them; I'm not sure about this 'silly' Masumi. It's a change though; I've read some Italian fanfictions where Masumi is like more in character, but nearly near to never in an english fandom. By the way you write well; and since you're like the only active writer in this fandom with I may hope future fics in your mind according to your profile, I would like to make a special request. And if you kindly agree, I'm sure that you would make the day of many people around the world: I would appreciate that you'll write a one-shot where the characters are close to the manga to make up for the slow progress of the original writer herself. We expect the 45 vol on the 26th of this month, but still it's really too long. I hope I'm not annoying you with my request, but I just like the way you write, and see great potential in your future works.
irmina chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! So glad the misunderstanding was cleared, and Masumi and Maya got even closer than ever. The physical intimacy was really nice, I bet it was the first time Masumi ever apologized sincerely and touched a woman. I just hope the actual manga will end like this. Hope you will make a sequel where Masumi and Maya finally express their love for each other. And I also can't wait to see them have kids with the names Mizuki and Rei. Nice job!
pheecat chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
I truly love the way you have Maya and Masumi interract. By the end of this story there's a warmth and comfort with one another that just feels so natural. In the manga these two are so stunted, both shackled by their inability to even consider that the other one may love rather than hate them.

So...your stories are very refreshing, because in your world Maya and Masumi actually have a hope of ending up together. They've both slowly dropping their defenses and coming to realize that they really enjoy each other's company.

I wish the manga felt this comfortable! You're letting us watch a love story unfold, and the sweetness of it is really enjoyable. Plus, a huge bonus is the absence of Shiori. Maya and Masumi have enough things to overcome without an over-the-top (forced) fiancee in the mix!

One of the things I've especially enjoyed about this story is how you portray Masumi. I love how you've made him able to laugh at himself and just be flat-out silly with Maya. It's very cute and makes him that much more appealing. And, since Maya is now letting some of her walls down around him, it feels like they'll just become more and more natural with one another.

I hope you'll continue your Glass Mask fics, because they really are well-written. You give us glimpses into their world where they really do have a chance of ending up together, happily in love.