Reviews for By Definition
Clement Rage chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Hmm...nice to see an expansion of's not something that's seen too often, and it's very different from the usual 'psychopathic slut' versions. Well done.
Myshu chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
It's neat how you used a dictionary as the symbol of the theme(s), here, which were well-played in general. To wit, I'll never quite think of the word 'beautiful' the same way again-it's great to see it taken from a whole new perspective. 'Pride' was another favorite section; I loved reading about Clair's greatest, ah... influence. Those acerbic old crackpots can be the best characters, I swear.

This just goes to show that one shouldn't judge by appearances! I almost can't believe you took such a seemingly shallow character and gave her this "hidden" backstory that somehow manages to fit perfectly (I can't remember-does the game mention she's from Corel? Regardless, that's a nice dose of irony, considering what she does there for ShinRa.) I especially like the way she has her own (somewhat twisted) code of ethics, and won't tolerate any slander to the contrary. This is almost more of a backstory for that game boss than it is for Scarlet, which works out 'beautifully,' heh (ah, props to that old crackpot again!)

Another fun character study! I really like the treatment you've been giving FF7's minor characters.