Reviews for 21st Century Breakdown
Hinotori-hime chapter 8 . 3/25
Ah, I love me some religious angst XP
Hinotori-hime chapter 3 . 3/25
The part with China made me cry...
This is really amazing so far! Favoriting!
SpiritRose3496 chapter 18 . 1/20
Wow. That's really all I can say. The way you worked historical details into this fic was brilliant. Germany/Italy is my jam (especially when Germany was formerly the Holy Roman Empire :) I was confused about Prussia's presence but splitting Germany and Prussia up into the two sides of Germany during the Cold War was clever. Basically, I loved everything about this fic! Thank you so much for writing it.
TheAwesomeMe128 chapter 18 . 1/1
Good job. WWII is quite a monster to tackle when writing a story, so kudos to you for giving it your best and working through it. There are parts of your story I disagree with (historically, etc.) but I'll let that rest for now and give you credit you deserve.
Guest chapter 18 . 3/23/2014
I loove it!
Inuyashagirl7692 chapter 18 . 10/19/2013
It's always difficult to write a review. I've said "well written" and "good job" a million times, though I suppose it will not hurt to say those words again. You have a great narrative flow and I really enjoyed the way you incorporated history. I loved your Romano, who really shined in this story, and your Italy was also well done. If I had to pick a favorite scene, though, I would choose the scene when the Italy brothers meet Mengele. It was excellent and tense. Overall, this is an incredible fan fiction
Inuyashagirl7692 chapter 11 . 10/18/2013
Huh. Italy values family over Germany? This is something I have never before read in a fan fiction. It's kind of awesome
Fyoex chapter 18 . 8/3/2013
Wow, this story was truly magnificent! I'm learning about Communism and McCarhthyism right now, so I managed to understand atleast some of this! I loved it.
Aizana chapter 18 . 6/2/2013
I just read the entire fanfic in one go and I have to say, this has got to be one of the best APH fanfics I've ever read.
I love how you really did your research (I barely saw any inaccuracies) and even though you couldn't include all the events (I didn't expect you to anyway, that's a shit ton of events to put), this was such a historical treat to read! Many people overlook the role of Italy during WW1 and WW2, it disheartens me. Which is why I really loved how you made Romano become bitter when WW1 ended as well as his "immediate" response of yes to the conditions given to him to the allies for their armistice when Italy finally fell.
I also love how you portrayed the emotions of many characters. Each character that was here, though even if they were just briefly there, gave a strong character to the story. You gave them such realism and humanity.
I was also thoroughly surprised (and horrified too) that you mentioned Comfort Women and included a bit of the Holocaust in here. I was expecting this fanfic to be deep but I didn't expect it to go /that/ deep. (Mengele especially caught me by surprise). Though I was appalled, it was written with sensitivity and carefulness. As a person coming from a country that was ravaged by the Japanese and having Jewish blood, I really appreciate how you didn't write this thoughtlessly.
I must admit though that I terribly don't like the pairings you put (it's just my sentiment) but the way you just wrote this was brilliant and human, it greatly overlooked my disdain for the pairings.
Even though you wrote this way too long ago, I hope to read more historical fanfiction from you.
Q3APo chapter 18 . 4/29/2013
when i read this, its like watch the dark side of hetalia series. it so sad but written so beautifully that i cant look away. you make america into a dark character actually and i agree with it. really, he is like a child with enormous power, want to show off and knows he is strong
great fic
Caveat Lector 52 chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
A really good start, though N. Italy seems a slightly OOC(smarter than his cannon counterpart), but that's not a bad thing.
Corey5268 chapter 18 . 2/6/2013
I love the ending! Yeah, a bit cliche (not too much though), but lovely all the same.
Corey5268 chapter 4 . 2/6/2013
I really wish I found this a few weeks ago before my history midterm (most of which was on WW2)

The USUK flirting and England being his tsundere self was much appreciated.
Guest chapter 18 . 12/13/2012
That, that was amazing, i really loved this... And I'm a sucker for cliché endings. :)
flaming rose chapter 4 . 12/8/2012
"Cheerio, darling. I'll see you in the long run." I just absoultley loved this!