Reviews for Companion
DeathNoteMaker chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Love it!
Abreaction chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
This might quite possibly be the most powerful, moving, in-character, and brilliant piece of fanfiction that I have ever had the pleasure of reading in my entire life.

You, my eloquent friend, have CAPTURED the very essence and existence of Volpe.

Wow... I... I can't even locate the proper diction in my mental thesaurus to depict my undying love for this masterpiece. By making this in first person, you showed Volpe's true feelings-his qualms, his hopelessly unrequited love for Cesare, his passion, his desire to make Cesare "his" (or at least to make him look at him and actually SEE him, poor man), and his untamed jealousy of Chiaro. Wow. Never before have I read something more beautiful, perfect and fantastic.

You didn't even need dialogue outside from the first line to make this work. The ending was flawless and not abrupt at all. You took the canon and expanded upon it-delving into the inner recesses of Volpe's heart and mind. You leave the ending ambiguous, albeit you make it so the reader knows that Volpe is going to punish Chiaro.

I love how he refers to Cesare in here-as if he's talking to him, but refusing to voice his thoughts aloud. I also am wild for how you depicted their consummation of their "marriage"-and how you made the "marriage" between them an extended metaphor in general!

Cesare giving Volpe the mask... by having intercourse with him as he is donning it, it's as if he's consummating his unrequited love for Chiaro-and Volpe knows this. Cesare may even know that Volpe is aware, but he does not care.

This... this was beautiful. You are an amazing author with an eye for detail. (insert a slew of compliments here)

If I weren’t already married, I would be begging for your hand in marriage right now :D
Niwaki chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
oh it's so long since I read Cantarella, I can't really remember the story but thanks anyway it was really nice
darksaphire chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
very very eloquent passage. It was written so beautifully that I can hear quite clearly the melody of melancholy that is being played throughout this piece. I love it greatly, for you captured the events and personalities of each individual mentioned perfectly. Write again soon.