Reviews for The time for it is gone, and now you must remain
Catmint chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Wow. This is sad and heartbreaking, yet so beautiful at the same time. Excellent writing.
h chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
I'm in tears here. I love really well written angsty T/Z-fiction. Don't know why, since I'm a Tiva-fan too, but I do. And this was amazing.
SongBirdie chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
This is stunningly honest. I applaud you for that. Life doesn’t always give you a fairytale ending, and sometimes the water under the bride is too wide to cross. You captured that perfectly.

Your chose of words and the images they invoke is simply amazing.

Depressing is good! We all need some hard truth to filter out the happy endings.

I do hope they get together, I love Tiva, but I can totally see this happening. That makes this so much more brilliant.

Your teacher and theory sound awesome!

Keep up the amazing work.

Valerie
ElizabethDQMW chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Wow. That was stunning. Raw and honest and possible. I think that’s what makes it so great— we know how easily it could go down this road. How thin the line is that they walk. Your brevity is genius. You create the most vivid images and emotions in so few words; it continually amazes me. Well done and keep writing!

Elizabeth
Swingflip chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Ridiculously sad but I really like it! It's really good! Def not going to happen in the show, though, which is good because then we'd all cry.
Dilemma chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Ouch! That hurts its soo depressing. But thats a compliment. I really did like reading this. Not only is it beautifully written but it provides such a different perspective to what people usually write about them (T and Z). I rather fics with cute, happy little moments where Tony and Ziva mend themselves and/or their relationship but seriously, keep writing the depressing fics aswell. Some people just like depresing things and some (like me) love being able to read something out of their comfort zone and realize that it is just as enjoyable, if not more so, to read.

Your so lucky to have a teacher you can just rattle on to about NCIS. I don't know any 'adults' that understand the obsession. xo
AnonUS chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
I have read several of your stories and they are all quite good. I actually don't think I have ever reviewed a story before, but I really enjoy yours and thought that maybe favorable reviews would inspire you to write more. All of your writing displays excellent vocabulary, cadence, and sophistication. Your stories are true to character- complicated and deep. I really enjoy them and I hope you will continue to write, both for these characters and otherwise.
Quinndolynn chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
I like the idea of Via Negativa. Well, not actually LIKE, because that would be the worst thing ever, but I like this example of it, how if she is lost, then he is too. So yeah, ow, but yes, the writing more than soothes the hurt of the content. :D
Ele Goddess of Elements chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
;-;

so meanly sad. but beautifully fitting at the same time.

i LOVE your work. *hugs* you write awesome stuff )
Gemcity08 chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
"via negativa" is potentially one of the best "tiva" semi-references I've ever seen ;)

This was definitely an interesting idea to explore, and I give you lots of props for doing so. Sad can be beautiful, and you've captured that better than most. I'll keep enjoying the sad fics as long as it doesn't play out like that on the show :)
Sleifa chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
*wipes away some little tears*

First of all I have to say that your english was very difficult for me as a German.

Usually I stop reading fics they took me time to look up vocabularies I need to understand the sense.

But your story touched my heart so much since the first line that I read it anyway.

The reason for me why a fic is a perfect fic I love to read over and over again is not if it is sad or happy.

I love reading this fluffy puffy happy ending storys- if they touch my heart and if I can imagine the character are acting like in the fic.

The 'problem' is, the most fluffy puffy happy ending storys are totally out of character.

And I hate it.

There is nothing more I hate about fics, if they are OOC.

And that's why I totally love to read your fic over and over again. I can imagine that this could happen.

This is SO in character that I am shortly before print this and give it to all the horrible OOC writers outhere with the words: Look, THIS is perfectly in character.

God, I love you for this.

And the half side of my heart who loves depressing, heartbreaking, no happy-ending storys loves you, too.

Oh and I forgot to say that I like the way you write this very much. Because its a litte bit distanced but close by the characters, though. (Uhm. It's difficult to discribe this sort of impression (as well I have to write in english!))

Maybe thereby accuse the huge in-character-feeling.

Uff, this review was exhausting to write, lol.

Anyway, impressing piece of writing. totally love it.

Love, Sleifa & sorry for weird english

(By the way, HOW COOL is your teacher, haha :D )
Autumn Dae chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
Okay.

I can take this because I do know that this is not how it will end up in the show. But it was beautiful in a very sad way. But to explain, I LOVE all the sad fics-it's the sadistic, melancholoy part of me and it causes thought and reflection and a little sadness but a still small smile because we know you are right-though they may never find love in this fic, we know it's because they know there is no one else who could ever fill that part of their hearts-they were made for each other and you can't try and replace that. A piece doesn't have to make a person smile for it to be incredible, and yours always are. They are contemplative and thoughtful and evocative and daring and, this might sound strange, but they are like birds in the sky, so lovely and still mysterious-we do not know where they will go.

Now that I've said that, I'll tell you about my favorite lines:

"When she returned, time began once more. It was simple, frank – without her, he was not; with her, he was. Completion is a strange and fragile fool, and it leaves us ripped and bleeding when we least expect it." The truth.

"He watches her with guarded eyes and solemn tongue. She does not meet his gaze often, and when she does, it is with a foreign grace. She does not know him. He does not know her. It is absolute." There was no way the rest of the paragraph could go unquoted. It was too lovely.

"The way she will not look at him when she says goodnight."

"There is something in her now, the way she holds herself, the little mannerisms she has acquired. Flinching almost imperceptibly at any startling noise. The tiny tremble when she holds her gun – little finger, left hand. It makes the barrel shiver. Her aim weakens."

"That evening, he drove to her new apartment and sat in his car all night. He saw her silhouette at the window, felt the lights die as she went to bed. Sat there until he saw her, perfect and blank, in the morning. She was still breathing, and he was exhausted."

"...tries not to miss the way she drove right through his soul."

"What hurts more than anything, what makes him burn in anger and frustration and that cloying, dreaded panic, is the knowledge that there was a chance. There was a chance for them, a real one, a vivid, pulsing one. There was a time when she would have kissed him back. There was a time when he might have had the courage to kiss her in the first place." There was, oh, there was.

"Two loves of his life are quite enough, and they are both irrevocably gone from him." Oh.

"Just peers with those piercing eyes and asks her a silent question. Are you in there, Ziva? Are you there at all?" Ow.

"One day, years later, he looks up and realises with a dull and thudding certainty that it is gone. That it is away from them, absolutely, completely. Completion is a strange and fragile fool, and this time it does not sting but empties. He knows, quite suddenly, through to those scarred and lonely bones, that he will never be with her."

"Why is that suddenly so beautifully apparent?"

"You must live with your mistakes. You must endure."

"They do not find love."

I actually think that this might be kind of how things are, just for a little while, this season, but instead, it'll end in a much more positive, wonderful way. But this might be a snippet of what they face for a little while. Not that I want it. But I wouldn't be surpised. This is where they would end up though, if neither ever found the courage to take the risk. They do complete each other. You're right.

Oh, and when I was watching ToC during the premier and Ziva said, "So you will die with me?" and Tony nodded, I thought of your fic, and I though, "She was right!" Glad they didn't end up dying though, LOL.

So yeah. This was really amazing.
Aksannyi chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
Ugh. This is beautifully written, and the reason I felt compelled to review it is because of how it seems so descriptive of the way life REALLY ends up for so many of us. So many people find love, or had love, and lose it, and live the rest of their days hoping for a fraction of it back. This is reality. And it sucks.

I love this for that reason. I don't think the show will end this way, but I think many a life does.
writinghasceased chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
First of all, you should know that I have no reviewed a fic on here for over five/six months. So the fact that I am reviewing, kind of shocks me a little. Mainly because I have not read much on here in that time... so it also shocks me that I actually took the time to read your little oneshot.

But man... that was so worth it. I really don't think that you could do anymore to this to make it better. It really is one of those pieces that are so complete it is a little unnerving.

Well done Lady Grace. Fantastic work.
SemperFiNeverForget051909 chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
*cries and bleeds to death*

Angsty.