Reviews for For the Girl
Zanza Flux chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
This was interesting. I don't hate Dana but I didn't see how her and Terry got along. Now, I've only seen the animated series so I go by how they portray her in that. Maybe in the comics she's a little different.

Dana came across to me as a party girl and someone who always wanted to be in on the latest fasion. Remember that splicing episode? Yeah, she begged Terry to go with her there beccause it was the in thing. Even when he told her he didn't like it, she still wanted to go. Of course when she got there, she began having second thoughts. I guess common sense finally hit her XD. Makes me wonder if she would have gone through with it if Terry wasn't there.

I used to wonder why Terry didn't just tell her he was Batman. It might have saved him a lot of problems. Then again, maybe deep down inside, he didn't think she'd take it very well.
chocolate1 chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
I really, really enjoyed this story especially the twist at the end. I always thought it strange that Terry couldn't reveal his true identity to Dana while Max, his best friend knew everything about his life. Yep Max was always the one!
Convoy Butterfly chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
As a deconstruction of the Terry/Dana relationship, this... really doesn't work, because what you're not actually writing Terry, Dana, or their relationship as it is in the show.

First, there's the way you have Terry and Dana meeting. They knew each other back when Terry was running with Charlie Bigelow's gang, before he went to juvie. That's a very young age to be going to nightclubs.

Then there's how you say that Dana's different from all the other girls Terry dated. Just what other girls do you mean? At fourteen, he was in a gang and didn't have time for dating. Afterwards, he was a social pariah because of his criminal record, and even by the time the show's set he doesn't have many female friends. Besides Max, all of them are Dana's friends who are also friendly towards Terry. And why do you say that Dana doesn't like just hanging out with Terry? She likes to party, but she also likes just spending time with him.

Terry, to be honest, comes off as a jerk. You write him as being completely dishonest with Dana about their relationship and not really liking her or wanting to spend time with her. In the show, he very much wanted to spend more time with her and was more annoyed at circumstances than at her when he couldn't and the relationship went sour because of it. The way you write him, it's like he expects Dana to just accept whatever he gives her without needing or wanting to put any effort into the relationship. Like she's just an accessory and she's wrong for wanting him to make her any sort of priority.

Then there's Dana. In the show, it was always TERRY begging for her forgiveness, because he recognized that the strain was his fault. She's not the type to call him up desperate to make up; she's stronger than that. Plus Dana broke off the relationship at least once; if she was feeling Terry drift that much, she wouldn't hesitate to

And finally, there's Terry's hookup with Max. The way you lay out events, he was emotionally cheating on Dana with her long before they broke up, and then hooked up with her right after the break-up. That's not sweet or healthy, that's dishonest. Especially as Max is also Dana's friend. What does it say about her, that she'll watch her two friends drift apart and do nothing to stop it, then jump into the boy's arms as soon as the relationship's officially over?

Really, for all the shallowness you added on to her, Dana is the most sympathetic character in this fic. Terry's only two steps up from being a two-timing jerk, and even though she's not in it much, Max is a terrible friend to both of them.
holybatfreakbatman chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
It's very cute I love it the concept of the story and that we find out untill the end that it is max well done!

Gleek2beat
turbomagnus chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
You know, I remember reading somewhere that the only reason Dana was in 'Return of the Joker' and thus 'Epilogue' was because work had started on 'RotJ' during the first season, when they were still a couple and before Max was even introduced, and they were simply too lazy to change it. I always thought that was a waste since it basically threw away two (for Max) or three (for Terry) years of character development. And you're right; even just a cursory evaluation indicates fatal flaws with the Dana/Terry relationship - I mean, 'night shift' aside, he's working as personal assistant to a billionaire, interacting with the board of directors of the city's largest company and personally acquainted with the police commissioner and District Attorney. To anyone else, that's moving up in the world, Dana saw it as a reason to complain that he wasn't there whenever she wanted.
Serenity's Ghost chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
I appreciated your justification for their breakup and I also hate Dana's guts. I was unable to watch that entire series from start to finish (something I intend to rectify once I get some spare time) but I'm sure watching the whole thing still won't change my feelings towards her. All in all, nice fic.
Vampire Queen chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Awesome! Very well written! I totally agree with you too, by the way. They didn't fit well together at all.
Sasural chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Loved it! Especially the end, Terry's married to Max :) Good job!
Yusuke Urameshi - Mazoku chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Though I'm normally a fan of Terry/OC, I love the song!
dispatcher652 chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Loved the story and glad you are back writing Batman Beyond Fics. Hope to see more.
NeoNails chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Surprise twist my butt. You're a Terry/Max writer, and once you go Terry/Max, you don't go back. ;)

It was different. I definitely missed your writing, because even though this wasn't the traditional oneshot, it was still really good. &, shockingly enough, I don't hate Dana all that much anymore. I still say they made her a whiny pain in the ass, but now it's more of a "Wow, she was a waste of space" kind of thing. We were better off making more eps with Melanie. :D
Key the Metal Idol chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
I liked this and I don't even ship Terry/Max! Dana was always one of my annoyances on the show, and you managed to get a lot of the reason why into word here. Good job!
RedSharkBait chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
Good job, I love reading Terry/Max fics. I like the way you shipped Max and Terry by anti-shipping Terry and Dana, neat perspective.