Reviews for Cain & Abel: Service in His Shadow
The Canadian Patriot chapter 3 . 9/23
The Death Korps is spelt with a 'K'.
In Defilade chapter 21 . 1/23
Loved this story. I particularly liked how well it works as a sort of personality study of Cain as much as Abel herself as the main character - how people see something he does and assume it either a) deliberate (eg the trip and fall that became 'single handed charge') or b) heroic (jumping onto the battlesuit from the roof that he was actually escaping from being killed on). Kael was a nice twist, an interesting mixture of tragedy and entertaining antics.
Really looking forward to Amberley's appearance, if she's going to pop up. I think I'll choose to believe that the last line's phrasing of "the other Inquisitors" is a hint as to where Abel ends up - where nobody expects her! Nor, presumably, where she expected herself.
Wandering the Arid Sea chapter 21 . 4/15/2015
Awesome as hell.

Fantastic stuff.
Wandering the Arid Sea chapter 5 . 4/8/2015

Knew that eye would come in handy. Typical Cain move, using the position of first down as a wager.
Wandering the Arid Sea chapter 3 . 4/8/2015
This just keeps me smiling.

Great stuff. Really humanizes the characters and adds depth to their interactions
Wandering the Arid Sea chapter 2 . 4/8/2015

Awesome as hell.
Wandering the Arid Sea chapter 1 . 4/8/2015
W. T. F.

Lol. That was awesome.
Cyber-Donkey chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
Commissar Ariel Abel is probably my favorite character from all of 40k, and 40k is my favorite franchise. Commissar Cain, and Gaunt are probably my second and third. I hope you write more.
Mr. 16384 chapter 21 . 10/12/2014
This was pretty fantastic.

Reads a lot like a Cain novel (almost too much at times, especially early on where it looks you wrote what Cain would do and replaced the name with Abel's, but she develops into her own eventually). Abel's a really, really, really fun character. Lots of interesting little twists and turns throughout.
Darth Litarius chapter 4 . 2/17/2014
I was under the impression that the Tau slowly win you over with their culture, Civilization style. Because their TE nicest faction in the galaxy by far, I can't help but root for them. FOR THE GREATER GOOD!
Akseel chapter 9 . 10/28/2013
Alright, I wanted to wait before submitting a review until I was done reading, but I just have to comment at this point. This is just masterful. Seriously. Reads like one of the Cain novels. The style is polished, reads very smoothly and is fun as heck. I'm having a hard time not laughing out loud (and drawing strange looks from my work colleagues, as it were...)
After reading the line about a "tasty commissarial snack" and then the beginning of this chapter about a "sneak attack", I don't know why but my mind combined the two and the words "snack attack" popped into my head. I know it doesn't make much sense but it certainly made me laugh.
I really appreciate how you're true to Cain's character, while showing his, hum, "heroics" from another point of view. He's a fantastic character and your story does him credit. Abel is a pretty neat character too, I like how she has similar traits to Cain's (common sense being the main one) but at the same time she has her own mind and personality.

I'm really going to enjoy the rest of the story... I nicked one of the Cain books from my brother a few days ago and I actually can't tell which of the two stories I like best, the novel or your fanfic. It's that good. Dunno if you're planning on writing your own stories at some point, but you should.
Firecadet chapter 21 . 7/9/2013
Really good fic. I am an OCD for grammar, or my version of it, but overall I really enjoyed reading.
Fenrir666 chapter 21 . 12/25/2012
Are you still doing this series? I'm typically reluctant to do major reviews for long dead stories, since the author's rarely see them.
Guest chapter 4 . 9/14/2012
Are Wren and Stimpson a parody of Ren and Stimpy?
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 21 . 5/19/2012
A good W40K story. COuld have used more Daka, and the main character was a bit too unique (or at least had very unique parents).

Keep up the good work.