Reviews for Settling
Kalidris chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
Every time I watch Bones I wonder how two adult people can be so dense like B & B are *sigh*. Is there any chance you're going to write a sequel to thie story? I'd really like to read about Booth & Bones having the talk Angela mentioned:

Bren, you need to talk him. Tell him what you told me. Ask him why he lied to you about his feelings. I'm sure he's got some idiotic, noble reason that makes sense in his head and nowhere else."

HotWhitford chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
I don't know know Angela hasn't locked Booth and Brennan in a room together.

It must kill her, to see that they love each other, but any of then do anything about it.
amber chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
i liked it. thank you .
mumrulz chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
**"Sometimes you just have to settle for the second-best situation."

...it really is sad - & frustrating - that Brennan (actually they both do) thinks that they will have to settle for second best...& even sadder that they are both willing to do just that, rather than taking a risk.

If only Brennan would listen to - & act upon - what Angela is saying...pull their heads out of their asses & stop second guessing each other.

No one should ever have to "settle". :-)

As always, love what you write...so descriptive, so many emotions...very in character! :-):-):-)
Hazmatt chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Wow! Incredible story! Very intense and moving! I really enjoyed it! Perfect!
loveless-romantics chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Even if Brennan still won't let herself fully admit to her feelings, this was really good. We all need an Angela. Great job!
ilovemclife chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
:( good convincing ange. but brennan just needs booth to be the one to show her the light. great job
Aching Bones chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Hi there,

So sad...she wants him and he wants her but they can not be 'honest' with each other in that regard...I hope that they really get their act together soon...

Ger
JennCorinthos chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
AWE! Thank god for Angela even though she did not get Brennan to change her mind... I loved this...

JENNIFER
Sheytune chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Aw. I think it's entirely possible that Brennan knows how much Booth means to her - and if you listen to what he's saying explicitly, he keeps telling her that they're just partners and friends. It's entirely possible that she would decide to believe him, and you've captured that decision well.

Favourite parts: "A silent hope she had secretly tended, allowing it to grow like the first green shoots of spring bursting through moist earth, was dying. She found herself helpless to do anything but mourn its loss."

"Against her will, her body echoed with the remembered sensation of being held by Booth after Leacock had attacked her. Despite the fact that she'd been stabbed, Brennan had felt paradoxically safe in the warm shelter of her partner's arms. Safe. Comforted. Something more, as well. Something that not even six weeks in Guatemala had been able to erase. Indeed, it had only served to heighten it."
notmagnificent chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
This is absolutely perfect.

"She had permitted herself to be weak, to long for things that were out of her reach; she would rectify her mistake."

I just love the masochistic, self-loathing side. God, I'm a sicko. ;)
bb-4ever chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
touching and sad. poor ange didn't get through to her. look forward to more from you
DaLiza chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
So sad, but beautifully written as always.
happinessandlight chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
Refreshing to see a piece of writing about Angela and Brennan that is so in character.

Alex.
DarkArts27 chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
This was so sad, but ultimately, so in character. You wrote them perfectly, and I can just picture Brennan trying to talk herself into believeing that last statement.

Brilliant, and beautiful to read, as always :)

Taylor.