Reviews for Multifurcation
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 2/10
Different and original. Interesting. Thank you.
ifan13 chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
Oh, now that- that was brilliant. Truly and completely brilliant. A fascinating concept - the different outcomes that our choices dictate. I really loved that. Also, it was a very tantalizing fic - you teased the reader with every ending from devastating and twisted to sad to good and right. And then, at the end, when the phone really does ring just before the finish, the reader is left wondering how the situation is going to play out. You've given the reader the options - now the reader has to choose. Aaahhh! I am just so in love with this fic! It is fantastic and very inspiring from a writer's point of view.
castiello chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
A super-creative idea for a story, and very well-executed. The whole thing keeps building on itself and intensifying, until the ending just *tingles* with suspense. You chose the perfect place to stop, too. Great job!
missmaximus chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
This short story is sly and satifying. It packs more into its length than most stories twice it's size.
simonisthecutestmentalist chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
wow, intense! I loved it :0)
hungryjunco chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Bio nerdery FTW!

I think this is the best Mentalist fic I've ever read. It's an incredibly creative concept, especially with the phylogenetic tree tie-in. I love how you establish your initial abstract "what if?" concept and then bring our focus so suddenly back to earth with the possibility of a phone call. It's a little silly, but my mind went straight to the 'poised on the edge of a knife' conversation from LotR. Then the list of potentials grows, the anticipation rises, and the phone actually does ring. At that final point I could almost feel the tension on the page - great, great job. I don't use this word often when I'm writing reviews, but every part of this story was absolutely perfect. You've created a true gem.

I only have one small critique - you need to work on your usage of who vs whom. It's a pretty obscure point, but judging by this fic there's not much else you can improve upon.
Ebony10 chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Wow. That was amazingly creative. I really, really liked it.

"A second mental break; he won’t recover from this one. He doesn’t want to." Heartbreakingly beautiful.
AnkaS chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
A unique take on the prompt for sure, made me think of the butterfly effect movie. I like your multiple endings scenario, its thoughtful and well written. Great job!
AlyAngel chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
wow that was really really really good, love it )
WildDaisies10 chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Wow...

WOW.

GREAT chapter. Well written, brilliant story that was very well thought out. Loved it. Definite fav.
chavivi86 chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Breathtaking. )
Frogster chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Wow, that one made us all think...and I really hope it turns out to be one of the good endings.
yaba chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
wow this was so well written. i love the connection you made between chance and catching red john. i liked the little details of every scenario and its outcome and i love that jane mentions how lisbon might be something to live for. loved it! the ending was chilling and open ended and very exciting :) id love to see a sequel to this :)

Yana
Viktorija chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
It was absolutely amazing:)

I loved that it was different,great job!

You're really talented.I loved it!:)
celticgina chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
WOW! So well written and thoughtful. Really interesting take on the whole challenge!