Reviews for Three Thieves
Leuny chapter 7 . 1/18/2011
this is one of the most entertaining fanfictions that I've ever read, I have to admit. Full of well-thought-out characters, a captivating story (though I don't yet know where it'll go) and creative ideas to help keeping things interesting!

The only thing that's bugging me is the sentence "Exactly seventy-eight days after the convention center disaster (because, as anyone could easily surmise, seventy-eight worked out to three 1412's), Kaitou Kid dove..." - just what does 78 have to do with 1412? I've been trying to work out that phrase in all different directions - maybe I'm just thinking too much on it, and to be frank it IS midnight right now, but I'm quite confused about it. could someone please help me out?

gotta love the doves, though...
A Writer Lost-in-Thought chapter 53 . 12/16/2010
Amazing chapter. I have been reading your story for 2 weeks and am finally up-to-date! I believe this is the longest story I've read in history for fanfiction. So I guess it's been established that Ran is there to stay as a romantic interest.

I'll be honest with you that the fact that it is indeed a threesome or foursome (split personalities included in the count) has somewhat well... who am I fooling?... rather shocked, then befuddled me [I had to once again check the two main characters tagged for the story to reassure myself], and finally gained my begrudging acceptance, which is still in the making.

The reason for my reluctance in this matter?... Well, this is self explanatory, my philosophy goes as such: "one is the loneliest number, two is the happiest pair, three is the tragic triangle, and four is the troublesome square." The idea of a "threesome" has ever slightly deterred me from the story, not that I mind Ran herself, for she is an engaging and enjoyable character. Ah... I guess you now know which character I expected...had expected -past tense- to be withdrawn.

But hey, I'm not the author. This merely just my opinion in need of being expressed. And as a reader, it merely another reader's opinion, one of 250, to be prefectly exact. So I'm going to ask, even though the answer is blatantly obvious, but just in case, to ease my second guessing and crush any lingering hope that this will become a "pair" rather than "threesome":

The pairing will end as it is now? as RanxKaitouxShinichi

[rereads review] oh bloody 'ell, a review turned essay. The insistent influence of FINALS week has yet to be lifted. ...Sighs... Anywhoz, I don't really expect an answer, but if you do indeed answer, then you are awfully kind and benevolent, and I thank you in advance.

Toodles and Applestroodles, [perhpas even Kid doodles],

~A Writer-Lost-in-Thought
Yaraslava Rada chapter 53 . 12/5/2010
Another wonderful (2) chapter(s)! I wonder if Shinichi will finally be Shinichi for good!
half-goddess-Katia chapter 51 . 11/20/2010
I must say that this is a wonderful story. I have spent most of my free time (as sparing as it sometimes was) over the past week reading it, and I finally finished up to what has been published today.

When I was first reading this, I wasn't entirely sure exactly how you were going to play things out between Shinichi, Ran, and Kid, but the way you've done it works so well, and actually fits with the characters personalities. I don't think you could've done better in building up the relationship and keeping them true to their personalities in the manga.

I'm still watching and waiting to see how the whole two people in one body thing with Kid and Kaito is going to play out, especially since they're both in love with different people, and I do love the combination differences and similarities between Kid and Kaito that show that they are "brothers", they are alike but not identical.

Anyway, keep up the good work, and I'll be waiting (rather impatiently actually, though all for good reasons) for the next update _
ImplausiblyForgetful chapter 51 . 11/20/2010
Wow, love the twist with Hakuba's character and the dynamics of everyone are so interesting. Love it

kettish chapter 51 . 11/20/2010
Sorry I haven't reviewed in a few chapters; I've kept up, but after moving cross-country I wrangled a full time job and it's been more than enough to keep my hands full!

I really enjoyed this chapter for its character/plot development. We get to see more of what's going on in the division with Megure-keibu and the crew. We get to continue the line of thought started in the last chapter, with Kaito/Kid-Magician/Fool interaction. And the part I enjoyed best, actually, was with Kaito and Hakuba, at the end of the chapter. I can easily imagine Hakuba as someone who struggles with depression, and the offer of support is endearing. I hope Kaito takes him up on some solid talking, or at least maybe (finally!) gets to a therapist to help him cope with his father's death.

(Though, if he came to terms with it, would KID disappear?)

All in all, an excellent chapter, and I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation so much! Wish I had one coming up soon, but, alas, I work retail now.

Peace, love, and all the thieves in the world-kettish
Hittocere chapter 22 . 11/16/2010
the only thing funnier than reading this... was reading Kaitou and Kaito's conversation with "We are the World" playing in the background when the Fool and the Magician are chatting.

I almost started rofling at 3 in the morning loud enough to wake up everyone else. I had to settle on snickering so hard I couldn't read though...
Yaraslava Rada chapter 50 . 11/14/2010
Has Nightengale taken french? That would explain the attempt at putting I's in 'Chapter'. Lol.

So glad you're having fun! I was just at a con myself, those things really are a blast. I was dressed up as Kaitou KID and someone kept saying "Fool" to me. I didn't get it at the time but when I looked at this story afterwards I was like 'Duh!'. (Or at least I hope it should be 'Duh!' It's the only KID/Fool reference I could think of. lol.)

Anyway! Great chapter! Gotta love the Doves. Update again soon please!
Peltra chapter 49 . 11/8/2010
Are they gonna forget the BO or what? And ALSO, there hadn't been a heist since forever.
Yaraslava Rada chapter 48 . 11/3/2010
This story is really good! Oh gosh, RanXKaitouXShinichi, not something you see very often (if at all), but epic and amazingly well written. Update again soon please!
KDA chapter 48 . 11/2/2010
Love the story.

Had to go to lj to read the fun bits._ Thank you for making me aware of movie 14.

I look forward to how you fit it in with TT.
E-san chapter 48 . 10/31/2010
Ran's becoming quite the little sadist, and Kid only has himself to blame . . .
notmykotoba chapter 48 . 10/30/2010
:3 This is great! _

Good luck with the next chapter~
Bleak Decemberangel chapter 48 . 10/30/2010
I just wanted to comment in what rednightengale said in the authors notes before this chapter. You said that a reader may not be happy with your interpretation of Kaito and Kid, I can tell that the opposite may be true in my case.

I find all your character's well thought and with personality and depth. But you have also managed to keep them close enough to the manga/show/movies that I don't feel like I have wandered too far into a parallel reality. As far as the magician's go, I believe that you have given them a depth that has mostly been lacking in the other fanfiction on this site. That is not to say that there are not any great Kaito(u)'s out there but yours has always spoken too me.

I am also happy to see how you balance the time of the secondary members of the show with Shinichi's mom and dad, Heiji, Aoko and others having had a chance to show their faces and help develop the story and their own character's as well. I will admit that I hope to see Kaito's classmates and possibly Nakamori in following chapters as the wonders you could work on their observations of Kaito and their own character development by those very creative hands.

Finally I would like to say that the aquarium scene at the end of this chapter was magnificent. Visually appealing, comedic- but tactfully, smooth and fitting into the story so that it didn't just feel like and after thought or an omake to be hidden away with some final authors notes.

Thank you for sharing this gem of a story with the Detective Conan/Case Closed audience, and more importantly, me.I avidly await your further chapters- although as I am cleaning out my favourites you still haven't made it in there *sigh*. So you will find me next Thursday already getting excited thinking about your next release.
WolfDaughter chapter 48 . 10/29/2010
And once again I've missed several chapters worth of reviews! My humblest apologies!

This chapter (much as I'd been hoping for more fluffy romance between Ran and Kid) was excellent. I'd been wondering for awhile what was going on with Kaito, how he was feeling, how the relationship between Kid, Ran, and Shinichi was affecting him. This was an excellent way to clear that up and now, hopefully, we'll be seeing some healing on his part. I like how the constant switching between Kid and Kaito after their confession seems to indicate some of that healing having taken place already.
402 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »