Reviews for Fear Itself
skag trendy chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Hehe! Loved this little fic. Nice to see the boys just being normal for once - not that I'm complaining about the not so normal stuff, it's just nice to get to know them, if you get my meaning.

I don't like clowns or mime artists. But I would have to say that wasps and hornets are my absolute nemesis. I hate them with a passion; they head straight for me, even when I'm not wearing perfume, and basically won't leave me alone. I can quite honestly say that I wouldn't bat an eyelid if they became extinct overnight.

Try, dancing around with glee and breaking open the champagne!

Is there a special term for a phobia of bullying, stinging ba*stards with wings?

Apologies for the rant.

Cheers for this great story, hon.

Kind regards,

ST x
67impalalover chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
great job :) it's really cute :)
sunnyjunedays chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Hi, This was a great story of brotherly moments and showed just how much they care about each other, you can only tease someone like that and have them do it back with it ending good humouredly if you are close.

Love it, sorry this rambled a bit. x
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Hee! Great story.

Love these light brotherly moments (yes, their relationship is in repair mode on screen – and yay for that – but I’ll take as many of these as I can get!) mixed with h/c and quirky trivia.

"Sam argued, his forehead curling with concern…" His forehead really does do that, doesn’t it?

"“Encore performance.” Dean smirked, running his tongue over fuzzy teeth." Um, ew! But great description – we all know that feeling when we’re sick.

“Companionable silence.” I’ve always loved that expression, and boys do it very well. Girls? Not so much.

As for fears, I’m with Sam – clowns creep me out!

Wonderful Sunday morning read.

Cheers, Sculls
Lilwazzabug chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Aww so cute. And that last phobia was quite a mouthful. Fear of cotton balls, huh?...now that's an interesting one;)
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
LOVE this! Love that Sam needs the comfort as much as Dean does and Dean recognizes it with his "I didn't mean a break from YOU." Love how Sam is all anal retentive again in the face of Dean's illness and love that he listens when Dean sets the story straight. The phobia convo was an insprired way to use the word (which I am not even going to TRY to spell!) and all the other phobias (we know they have) fit so well, too.

Especially: 'Now, achondroplasiaphobia is what? Fear of growing so tall the world is full of midgets?”' HE!

Awesome fic, awesome exchange. And in the interest of full disclusure, my biggest phobia by far is...plants.

(Also, YOUR POOR HUBBIE!)
SamDeanLover28 chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
excellent
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
This was superb. I so love our boys when they're like this. And woo hoo, I learned a new word-hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia. Wow.

I actually share your son's fear of bridges. I hate to get stuck on a bridge while driving. My ex-husband HATED, absolutely HATED, the feel of cotton against his skin. Wouldn't touch the stuff. I guess he has the cotton ball phobia too. hehe
spnMom chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
A full body kiss (hahahahahahahaha), that must have been kind of gross... hahahahaha.
vampyfreak chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
lol great fic!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Thanks for the smile!

You did a wonderful job with the brothers and their voices. It was so nice to just have them laughing and enjoy being brothers, family.

I was happy that Dean made sure that Sam knew that he wasn't asking his brother to leave him, just the room.

It was sweet how Sam took care of Dean, but I could see Dean getting a little worried as his brother cleaned the ceiling fan.

I never even knew there were names for so many phobias out there.

My sister told me about that episode of "Bones", she thought of Sam and his fear of clowns too.

I enjoyed your story.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
Darktales chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Neat! Nice word. Smart Dean. I love sickdean. He's the best. Too bad Castiel didn't come to keep Dean company when Sam left. Still very neat though.
J.A. Carlton chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
SPLE! Schmoop!

Beautifully done schmoop! :D

Thank ya ma'am.

:D

What a great treat!
Swellison chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Oh, this was a lot of fun, you've got the boys' voices down to a T. I also like how you used the ep of Bones to advance your plotline.

Sue
carocali chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
So glad you and Phx decided to do this - I'm always up for a story from both of you!

You ALWAYS get the boy's voices spot on, which is what makes you such a joy to read. I love tales with the boys in their downtime - it makes them more human!

I, too, have a fear of bridges, but it's not irrational. You know, just the creepy metal one I have to cross going into downtown Chicago - grates that slick when it rains, pushing your car into the next lane. Oh, did I mention it got a 2 of 10? Nope! Not irrational at all!

Thanks, as always, for sharing!

:D