Reviews for Little Sister
dfghjkjhutfgrdhjk chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
I love all parts of this story, because Jadis is written in a very in-character manner and you've obviously explored deep into the character's personality. Your research in names is also laudable. All in all, this story is brilliant! :)
Clio1792 chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
ah..but there is a logic to equating Jadis and her fashioned snake/sister with the apocryphal demon Lilith...I am reminded of the scholarship of Raphael Patai, and his work on early Hebrew religion...

This is beautifully imagined story to fill in & explain the strange parallels between Jadis's bad behavior and the Lady of the Green Kirtle...excellently written.

Clio1792
WingedFlight chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Wow, this is a fantastic idea for the origin of the Lady of the Green Kirtle. I love so much about this - the fact that Jadis misses her sister, even if she doesn't quite allow herself to regret killing her; the experimenting to make a servant that can get her into Narnia; the very idea that the LotGK is that servant!
M Elizabeth Penn chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
Lol. I find it unendingly ironic that Inanna's symbols is most often lionesses... I wonder if that carries over to Innenya? P

Really great work! Your writing style is so clean and well researched, and just plain GOOD. Absolutely wonderful! It was a complete pleasure. )
Sapphire Warrioress chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
As someone who is currently writing a story which focuses on Charn and Jadis at the beginning, it was refreshing to see that I’m not the only writer interested in exploring that part of the Chronicles where you’re given many hints and ideas to consider.

This is such an intricate story, with a characterization of Jadis which almost makes the reader feel sympathy for the situation she finds herself struggling to overcome.

I love the backstory you provided for the war between Jadis and her sister, and how their relationship was based on what they could bring to the conquest of their enemies and the need to wield power.

As I read, I felt as if you were trying to show that even though she has become a dark and corrupted person, Jadis still possesses a twisted sense of honor.

You also conveyed her loneliness and frustration beautifully, and her creation of the Green Lady made me think of the myth of Pandora.

Thanks for such an intriguing story.
Doctor Madwoman chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
You are a brilliant author, madame. Brilliant.

You have explored Jadis- JADIS, not the White Witch, but the twisted (broken?), ambitious, stubborn, cruel woman that destroyed her sister and her world, just so that no one could rule over her. You describe her drive with skill- most autors are content to just write her off as evil for evil's sake (which makes her look like a bit of a joke in certain cases). Tahnk you for not doing so in this tale.

The most beautiful line, I think, is this one:

'For half a second she thought to say 'Cynara,' but that was nonsense. The serpent was poison and guile, not wildfire. She could not replace Cynara. No one could.'

Her sister...though she was her enemy, and stood in her way on the path to ultimate power...Jadis still feels the loss, at least on a certain level. Sister and enemy, still a teacher, still a guide to Jadis even after she has been long dead. I admire your skill, and look forward to seeing more of your writings on Jadis.
Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
That was so stinkin' awesome! U (lol. Cute profile pic, too! XD)

My goodness, I REALLY despise Jadis, but looking back and seeing what happened with her is so cool! U 'Little Sister' has SUCH a crazy plotline, but it's AMAZING as well! U

Brilliant work! Your names for Charnians were so good, and your structure/language is BEAUTIFUL-just as I would think Lewis or anyone else would do it! *U*

She's so true to her character, too; regretting what she did for a second before letting it go, killing all of the failures, creating something of new magic, and thinking things through, unlike her sister! *U* Goodness, you are SO WONDERFUL at characterization!

*U* *U* Rock on!

Ever-so sincerely signed,

Shizuku Tskishima7499 :D ;D :) ;)

P.S.-Can't wait to see the upcoming Jadis ones, too! U
mokatster chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
ilysia actually recommended this story to me because I expressed curiosity about the Lady of the Green Kirtle. I knew she had to be linked with Jadis in some way, and I love your interpretation of their relationship! It's also interesting to read of how Jadis came to conquer Narnia, and you've answered that in a delightfully refreshing way.

I also liked how you mentioned the languages, and how the Narnian language is called "Lion's tongue." It's also interesting to think about the different languages where the Pevensies are concerned...they seemed to automatically understand all spoken language in Narnia. Where they blessed by the Lion to automatically understand? It would be amusing to see their reaction if they were to somehow run into an English-speaker; would they be able to tell the difference between the two languages?

Okay, nerdy rant over! Thanks for sharing this, I really enjoyed it!
ilysia chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
You have such a talent for taking words and shaping them into breathtakingly beautiful and dramatic tales- and this tale is a wonderful example of that. The very basis of it, too, is wonderful: remain firm in my belief that Jadis and the Lady of the Green Kirtle are the two most under-explored characters in Narnian canon, and yet they are among the most fascinating. I love this explanation of the Lady- we're never given one in the Chronicles, yet there are tantalizing hints that she is somehow tied to Jadis. Your interpretation is lovely and dark and glorious. Bravo.