Reviews for Love or Allegiance
ladycordelia17 chapter 3 . 1/3/2012
Just three chapters in, but I like it so far. Everyone seems to be pretty well in-character, I enjoy the humor in this chapter, and I like it when someone can make an unusual pairing-idea (like Rikku/Baralai: part energy and part politics-and-religion) work. The "usual" X-2 pairings tend to be Yuna/Baralai for those who don't quite favor Tidus/Yuna (both idealistic), Rikku/Gippal (both highly energetic) and Paine/Nooj (both quiet and serious). But so far Rikku/Baralai is a refreshing change, and I was always a supporter of the Paine/Nooj pairing you have on the side.
AuronLu chapter 10 . 7/6/2010
"It turns out that I can't stand you other than happy." So Paine, to turn compliments upside down like that.

I forgot to say, Paine and Nooj are very natural here. (And yes, I lied, had to read another chapter.)

Tiny suggestion, which has no bearing on the main story at all: sometimes the real-life details feel a little un-Spiran. I noticed it with the Vitamin D comment a few chapters back, and vinyl siding here, and a few other times. More often, you immerse us into the world of Spira with chocobo burgers (ack!) and that wonderful Al Bhed dance, and I like that better. :)
AuronLu chapter 9 . 7/6/2010
We'll be along for the ride! I gotta get back to LHaD now, but I'll be back!

I'm very intrigued by the vision Tadao has seen - himself and an old love, or Braska and, er, whatsername that I always call Anna?

You've picked a likely villain.

And I love your Isaaru. He always struck me as such a good soul (or I wouldn't have written forty blinking chapters with him, eh?)
AuronLu chapter 3 . 7/6/2010
Aha! The plot thickens. This is fun. (And this is a lame comment, but hey, I'm enjoying.)
AuronLu chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
Hey, you!

I need to poke my head out a bit more. I just found this - about time, eh? - and what a wonderful concept. It's so rare for people to write stories set *after* the happily ever in canon. I have a terrible time with it. Yet there's so many loose ends in X-2.

Your Rikku characterization is spot-on perfect; I'm hearing her voice in my head. Most of them, really. This is a very believable premise.

And Baralai/Rikku sounds like an adorable possibility. I haven't done poor 'Lai justice in my writing, although he's one of my favorite characters, so I'm eager to see how you'll develop this.
Shinzhon chapter 23 . 5/7/2010
It's over finally, and that's a good ending )
Normally, the end of the love fics isn't so good and to quick with the "years later" and all, but here ut's interesting

I want another fanfic of you... NOW! w
Mandy I Am chapter 23 . 5/6/2010
I smiled the whole time I read this! I loved their interactions and was surprised (in a very good way) to see that they had a little boy together. He sounds so cute the way you described him. I especially loved it when Desaru told his daddy to "get his butt in the hover oreddy". LOL!

Your "Love for All" day is a very good idea. It's a great way to celebrate love no matter what preference you have. You always come up with some neat holidays for them to celebrate.

I think this is a fitting end to your story. The two of them didn't let anything ruin what they had together and held on strong to each other. Way to go, Angel!

Aw. I guess I had better write more angsty Baralai fics to get some happy ones from you! Heheh. Anyway, I'm glad that my bad Baralai fic gave you inspiration to complete your story.
Super-Silent-K chapter 23 . 5/6/2010
YOUR ALIVE! Lol I'm kidding haha, but it's been a really long time. I thought the ending was cute

anyways excellent story! and that "love for all" festival was awesome 0
Superman K chapter 22 . 2/28/2010
im reviewing like this cuz the site says i already reviewed this chapter...anyways i hav to admit, i liked this version better but the original was good too

haha, oh gippal, he's so funny sometimes, anyways i can't wait to see the ending
Mandy chapter 22 . 2/28/2010
I'm commenting this way because the site will say that I've already reviewed this chapter. They should allow us to edit our comments.

You almost had me in tears when Baralai was pleading with Rikku to go back to him and not let the angry acolyte continue to take over her. It felt as if he was breaking down. You did a great job playing out his emotions sparring the woman he loves as she's possessed by an angry spirit. I thought you did Yuna well. I could see her trembling and worrying about her cousin all the while sending Trema.

I laughed out loud at Gippal banging on the window shouting at the two lovebirds to knock it out. That's surely Gippal.

I liked your original chapter 22 but this version is much better. Wonderful job, Angel!
Shinzhon chapter 22 . 2/26/2010
Damn! It was so cool to read that! I think it was too short for a chapter like that... Oh no, finally it' better if it'sz short )

I want the next soon please *w*
Metal4lifex chapter 22 . 2/26/2010
loved the chapter, glad to see you're back!
breaktherules chapter 22 . 2/24/2010
I liked this chapter. The relationship between Rikku and Baralai is so sweet. Keep up the good work!

(I was too lazy to log in, lol)
Mandy I Am chapter 22 . 2/23/2010
YES! Trema was finally sent! That jerk caused way too much problems for everybody involved. Stupid unsent!

I love how quick Rikku and Paine were to start on the healing process and how Yuna and Isaaru jumped right in on the sending. I don't think Yuna ever sent anyone *that* fast without being told. LOL. I also love how Baralai made Rikku blush just by smiling and looking at her. The way you had the two interact with each other shows how much in love they are. They're so perfect for each other!

You turned a mean man (Tadao) into a wonderful man. Who knows how he would've turned out if they didn't get to him before Trema made things much worse?

I look forward to the next chapter. Hopefully, things will be more calm for them all. :o)
Super-Silent-K chapter 22 . 2/23/2010
aw so sad, yet the whole sending for petrik and caleha was beautiful and touching one more chapter, yay! can't wait to see the ending with rikku and baralai!