Reviews for Aria: The Heart and the Mask
EmD23 chapter 6 . 10/18/2012
I really liked your depiction of Akari and Akatsuki here. Nice to see them slowly coming to a realization.
TheCupTheSnakeTheSword chapter 6 . 11/29/2011
this is really good! I enjoyed reading all of the chapters that you have up for this story, very good job!
EriceGen chapter 6 . 6/21/2011
A very wonderful piece of work. You managed to capture the energy of the characters rather well, and the flow of the story feels very smooth.

There might've been a minor fault, even if i can't be sure of it. In chapter 5, there was a scene where Akari, Aika and Alice met up at a cafe to talk about Akatsuki asking Aika for help. You mentioned that Aria was served milk latte. As far as i know, cats can't drink coffee, and in every instance in the series, Aria was served hot milk.

That being said, it's just a small thing, so don't let it detract from the fact that this is a very well written story.

I eagerly await the next chapter of this work, no matter how long it will take ]
The Mystic Doctor chapter 6 . 3/14/2011
It was interesting this side of Akari I've never seen before, the side that seems to be wary and fearful of becoming close to Akatsuki and possibly jeopardizing other parts of her life. She does make her hopes and wishes kind of obvious, though. I'm pretty curious about the time in the rain now, but perhaps that is best left a mystery. Anyway, it's good to see them having such a range of conversations and see how much they've grown.
Nanenna chapter 6 . 3/7/2011
How strange to suddenly switch to Akari's point of view (relatively, since this is told in third person). But it's nice to have a first hand (sort of) account of the blossoming almost romance between the pair. It's nice to see Akatsuki has finally realized his feelings for Akari, even if it was still probably way before Akari figured out her own feelings. Now they just need to figure out how the other feels... the pair of blockheads.
LittleKnitt chapter 5 . 12/28/2010
AKARIIII :D i want her singing in the series sooo bad / oh wells! pelase update soon! ;D
LittleKnitt chapter 2 . 12/20/2010
care to put akakstuki x akari in here? xP i love them as a couple! :3
litokid-2 chapter 5 . 7/30/2010
Love this story as usual; the reference to Amano was like a lightbulb going off in my head. Great little insert, and it makes so much sense! The only confusion I have is regarding the passengers; specifically, which one is sitting in which gondola.

[The woman's voice faded, and her passengers' clapping could be heard across the water.]

"passengers' ", rather than "passenger's" implies that Alice had multiple passenger on her boat. But then we move further on and you explicitly state that there are only two guests: the woman with a camera (Amano), and Athena's manager. And Amano is on Akari's gondola, leaving just the man on Alice's.

In addition, when the conversation is over and they head to rest, Alice is told to sit down and rest while the woman offers to row. I suppose it's possible that she transferred over from Akari's gondola while they were alongside, but it seems a tad awkward to me.

This might just be nitpicking, of course - it was actually only on my 3rd read-through that I picked up on this. I thought I'd mention it anyway, just in case. Looking forward to the next chapter!
DanYHKim chapter 5 . 7/29/2010
Excellent story. I cannot imagine how hard it must be to write Aria, but you do a great job. The characterizations are well done, and the voices are pretty good. I am not sure that Akari really fits her dialog, but then she should be expected to have matured by this time, so maybe that's throwing me off.

I really appreciate your use of Italian and your knowledge of details of the gondolier's trade. Well,even if you were just making it up, it is still well done. It adds an element of authenticity that sets the scene.

I look forward to more.

By the way, search for a Blogger page called Venice, the Origination. It has many photos of Venetian landmarks that correlate with Neo Venezia, taken by a fan who was on vacation there. There is even a shot of the presumed location of Aria Company, and also a shot of the building that we know as Himeya.
Nanenna chapter 5 . 7/27/2010
That was clever, including the author's name there at the end. And I still love how calm and peaceful this fic is, I always enjoy reading it! It'll be wonderful to go to the opera next! That'll be great fun!
ForgottenReveries chapter 5 . 7/27/2010
It was beautiful, I also really like the song...is it a real song? or did you make it up? Cuz its really good. Love this story.
Nanenna chapter 4 . 6/19/2010
Oh wow, this is just... such a touching chapter. That ending was so beautiful and so sweet, I teared up a little. The story you're unraveling is truly lovely and in tune with the series and I can't help gushing!
MaxManuka chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
My first ARIA fanfic. And already such a well written one! Thank you for this, you really managed to approach the atmosphere of the manga and anime quite well here :). I'm off reading on now :).
The Mystic Doctor chapter 3 . 6/3/2010
More wonderful pieces of life in these new chapters. Usually I can't stand OCs, but Lucy is a great exception, especially since Ai needs some friends around her own age and to share with her the experience of being a junior undine. Again, wonderful detailing that paints a picture of Aqua with words. You've reminded me of how much I need to watch this anime again. :)
Admiral chapter 3 . 5/20/2010
Okay, I gotta ask: Why doesn't Lucy have a name that begins with the letter "A"?

Your story is nearly pitch perfect with Aria in every other way, but we've come to expect all the principle characters to have names that start with "A" and having Ai's friend being named Lucy just strikes a discordant note.

That's my only complaint. Everything else is very good.