Reviews for Famished
rabidsamfan chapter 1 . 2/11/2004
Interesting. I particularly loved the first line. Nice take on Sam.
Ravens Destiny chapter 1 . 2/22/2003
AWESOME. The essence of Sam-ness. Very good. I like the part about Sam making sure the bed doesn't swallow Frodo. Funny in a ridiculously cute sense.

Raven
Vanessa chapter 1 . 3/20/2002
Oh. This IS Sam.
Jaya Korin chapter 1 . 1/30/2002
(giggles) I like that last line. _ It completes the whole thing. (smiles)
Epona chapter 1 . 1/29/2002
Ohhh... oh, so sweet! This is so precious and detailed. I adore your portrayal of Sam's worry and thoughtfulness here, & his close attention to Frodo - awww... now I feel all warm and mushy. :)
Ica chapter 1 . 1/24/2002
Wonderful angst! So simple, so perfectly Sam. Fabulous job!
Rachel chapter 1 . 1/22/2002
I think it's all been said. This is perfect. Pretty, pretty please write more LotR fic.
Floria Tosca chapter 1 . 1/20/2002
Oy, is this angsty. If the bed's too big, crawl in with him (ooh...)
madziuda chapter 1 . 1/20/2002
This little story was brilliant. In so little words you managed to capture all of Sam's qualities: his loyalty, his eagerness to help and this deep affection he feels towards Frodo. The little bit of bitterness you put in his thoughts really fits our Sam. And the last comment"Does he look hungry to you?" was a perfect ending to the whole fic.

Magda
eretria chapter 1 . 1/20/2002
Once again - the simplicity in Sam's thoughts strikes as beautifully touching. You have managed to get to the core of what is Samwise Gamgee, in a few lines, in a few simple thoughts you touch the very essence of him. His undying loyalty, his great strength. Yet, his utter helplessness. This is especially moving, as it is so very real. The strange disarray of thoughts running through his head, the never ending worry, the deep sorrow. Wonderfully witty - the comment towards the elf. And I think this is an even better way to explain Sam's sentiment towards the elves - he seems suspicious of everything. He is cursing himself for not being the one with the power to help. Not exaggerating when I say I love this ficlet. It's beautiful in its vast source of touching emotions.
FroGgY chapter 1 . 1/17/2002
i love angsty hobbits. yey _ this was good!

"I'm not little. You're just... very tall."i love it too and i loved Sam's last thought."does he look hungry to you?" don't ask me why i'm just weird

*wow.i can get quite 'eloquent' at times
Mainecoon chapter 1 . 1/14/2002
aww, very sweet! I love Sam's retort... "You're just... very tall!" hehe! :-) Great fic!
Wildwolf chapter 1 . 1/14/2002
Sam/Frodo forever... That was sweet. If the guy I liked (even thouhg he's already told me he doesn't like me...) went into a comatose state as such, I probebly wouldn't eat either. Sam's so dedicated to him... he loves him.
Maddie-Wan chapter 1 . 1/14/2002
AAAAHHH! NO! I'm writing a story like this, too Sam's thoughts before Frodo wakes up in Rivendell (I'm not really happy with it, tho). My sister read this and told me to check it out. This story is great, I really like it. I'm SO glad you didn't make it slash. You should *definitely* write more!
Liz Huisman chapter 1 . 1/13/2002
MC! MC! MC! You go girl! You wrote a LotR story! Yay!

I've been having hobbit-lust too... I got my LotR calender, and I fully intend on keeping it turned to January the entire year! (Frodo... ahh...)

This was great (as are all of your stories!) *claps hands furiously*