Reviews for Orchestration of One
Kezz26 chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
*click* add to favorites.

This is a wonderful piece of work. One of the very few stories here that successfully tackle the Sarah/John relationship.

I loved:

The Mother/Son interaction - no money, single Mom, teenage son, savior of the world - they just have each other. It warms this reader's heart to see the love they have for each other no matter what. Aw.

Sarah's POV - I just enjoy seeing what this character has going on in her head, and you nailed it.

The 'extended' family - knowing a little about the people who helped the Connor's along the way. Good people who had no idea who they were dealing with.

The introduction of Charley, and Sarah's reaction to him lol

It was a real joy to read. Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm off now to check the rest of your work!
fig-aruna chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
That...that was beautiful to read...

It's been a while since I've cried over a fic, bit this was just so heartbreaking. Absolutely loved it. Among my favorites across all my fandoms easy.

Thanks so much for writing and sharing!
Anon chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
An amazing story. I loved reading about Sarah's inner thoughts. The interactions between Sarah and all of the other characters were wonderful. I especially loved the Sarah-Hal interactions and even more so, the Sarah-John interactions. There is a severe derth of mother-son stories for a fandom whose show revolves around it. I loved seeing John's wordless support and neediness of his mother. Well done.
Farmageddon chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Really , Really nice piece of work. I reads well from begining to end. Enjoyed reading all of it very much, and I shall read it again.

I wonder, is there more of this to follow , because I happen to think Sarah Connor is one of the most interesting characters invented. I'm fascinated by your take on her.

Whenever I've tried to get in Sarah's head I always seem to end up with this food burning, swearing- soldier- saint- savior who is an intense, natural force for good in the world, but you never know because she has learnt to conceal it in order to survive . I

Having read your work, I cant help thinking if one of the themes of everyday life Sarah represents is the experience of women trying to do the right thing in a very skewed world. That is something I shall think on some more.

Castellan chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Thanks muchly for this. Good kick in the pants to get me working on my own pre-show Sarah fics. I usually can't stand 1st person perspective, so you must have skill to keep me engrossed right till the last word _~ . I was always fascinated with that time period in which they thought Skynet was stopped, but were still these dysfunctional soldiers left not quite able to adapt to normalcy. A fantastic snapshot of their lives. :)
cj2017 chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
I loved this. Loved the insight into pre-show Sarah and John; Sarah yelling "mom things" and - as usual - trying so hard to get the normal stuff right and still managing to screw things up. It reminded me of Season one's "pizza day" scene where she got the day totally wrong but she's so proud that she read the leaflet and did something mom-like.

Loved Sarah's pride and the sweet, gentle relationship with Hal as they slowly broke down each others' walls. The line from Hal about knowing Sarah can't take his money was just perfect.

I'm a sucker for fics that fill in the gaps or take the background details and run with them, and this was really well done. So, thanks for sharing :-)