Reviews for Passin’ the Stone
ccase13 chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
I've become so lawless as a Supernatural fan, I just hope Sam stole a whole bunch of pain killer and the good antibiotics because they need them.
nwspaprtaxis chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
G*d I love this one... I keep reading it but I can't believe I never reviewed...

LOVE Dean's deadpanned :“No, Sam, feels great—kinda like being /eviscerated/ from the inside out, but other than that, just great,” Aw...

Then Dean heaving his guts out while grunting in agony...

And Sam helpfully bringing up the: “Y’know, they say passing a kidney stone’s more painful than having a baby.” And this: Dean’s look shut him up. Just perfect. Two guys talking about something they will never have to experience... (to quote a former roommate: "Reason why I never want to have a baby: It's is like passing a watermelon through a lemon-sized hole...")

And the nurse coming in and sprouting words like "urinary tract" like nobody's business... and the fervent "thank g*d" from both of them. In unison. LOL!

Go Sam for stealing the good stuff. They'll need it.
Tosharino chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Aw. Poor baby! :P But in my opinion, all men should have to pas a kidney stone! If we have to have babies then its only fair! :P
iwantpie chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
As someone who has dealt with kidney stones 3 times in the last 9 months, I can definitely sympathize with Dean. LOL They are truly a bitch. Loved this drabble. Thanks for sharing!
CatBeist chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
Long time no see, but trying to catch up in between subjects at college... :D

Noticed your EO's are series so sorry to say I am not starting with that cus I got LOADS to catch up on, and right now I am kinda trying to get through some of the EO's and not picking anyone over the 100's... Though felt I should at least show you some support so trying to find some of your shorter work that isn't within a series.. :) Again sorry I am not reading a lot but if you got some EO's that isn't a series you can tip me off too :D hehe

Kat
sayrae3times chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
Poor Dean! It's the mundane stuff that I really cringe at. Ghosts, Werewolves, Vampires, I can watch or read all that stuff and not even blink - but talk about the real life stuff and I cringe. Great little fic. I enjoyed all 200 words of it!
PADavis chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
Miracle meds! What a stitch. But I totally agree they would keep painkillers on hand. And of course men have to find something 'as painful as childbirth' to talk about - jealous shallow things that they are. And totally unable to make that judgement. LOL

Phoebe
marinawings chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
poor dean! that one's definitely gotta hurt. haha, but dean's still hilarious, even in his suffering. haha, and sam stealing the meds!
Twinchy chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
*hugs the brothers closely* I bet that was an ordeal for both of them - until the nurse showed up with the really good stuff, that is.

And I can see why Dean wouldn't be one bit relieved by Sam's explanation of this pain being worse than giving birth... hehe

Also, you are right with the younger man stealing some of the medicine. Can't hurt to have some of that on board for their usual motel room patch-up sessions.
LivingForTv chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
Gosh! This was painful! And isn't it just like nurses to blurt out names of your inner organs like "you want cheese with that?" I hate hospitals and this was in its character! Sentence I loved: “Thank God,” they replied in unison"

:-)
pocahontas chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
This time Sam gets to comfort Dean. I just hope he realizes when you're in that kind of pain, you can hardly think...let alone respond!
Mad Server chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Poor pukey Dean! I loved Sam rubbing his back, and the in-unison "Thank god."
Noninone chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Sam what a timing. So not helping hahahaha!

YohKo B.
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Thanks for the info on the reviewer recognition thing. I had no clue and no worries, you're not applying any pressure. I have some SERIOUS review catching up to do anyway and I'm heading for vacation tomorrow for a week and a half so your reply helped kick start me, I am way behind on other stories too.

Poor Dean. I have to say, I love how you torture Dean and in this one, in the most mundane way possible, as least for the Winchester boys.

Dean grimaced, paling. Sweat dotted his forehead. Recognizing the signs, Sam grabbed the nearby basin, held it while Dean puked. Sam winced in sympathy, rubbing his brother’s back with his free hand. “It’s okay, Dean, s’okay,” he murmured softly. Dean finished, relaxed against the pillow, shakily drinking the water Sam handed him. “I know it doesn’t feel like it, but the pain in your abdomen’s a good thing—means the stone’s moving. Hopefully won’t be long now.”

-Need I say anything?

Feeling helpless, Sam babbled, “Y’know, they say passing a kidney stone’s more painful than having a baby.” Dean’s look shut him up.

-I can see the look completely in detail in my head! Hee!
Impaladreams chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
OUCH!

That poor boy and the things we put him through! lol

Beautifully written as always, had me wincing in sympathy alongside Sammy there!

Lovely drabble