Reviews for The Singer and the Tramp
MissyH316 chapter 12 . 12/13/2011
Awwww...! Charlie is so darn loveable; far more than he realizes. If he weren't, it wouldn't hurt so much! If it were me he loved, I would follow with the tramp Charlie to the ends of the earth before settling down with a "respectable" man who I didn't really love. Love is the intangible lifeblood of mankind.

"Someone" obviously is quite familiar with a certain movie from 1928 and another one from 1952. ;-D lol!

Let me get another hankie and I'll read another story!

MissyH316 chapter 7 . 12/13/2011
Well, well, my dear Foxcat93:

Finally get back to reading your stories, and what do I see? Charlie on the lam for a horrible crime that he (apparently) committed! Surely he didn't-.

Anyway, just had to comment and say "hi" and get on with seeing how this plays out! :-)

Your pal,

MissyH316 chapter 3 . 11/15/2011
Well, for cryin' out loud... my initial assessment turned out to be more accurate than I would've imagined. ;-)

Also had to chuckle how Charlie was worried he was "too old" for her, when in REAL life, of course, she would've been "too old" for him! LOL

This is nice; I'm enjoying this a lot.

MissyH316 chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
Hi, Foxcat93!

You may remember me; the silent movie fan who so enjoyed your Leroux-based "Phantom" story! I was in the neighborhood here so thought I'd look in on one of your Tramp stories. Funny how I picked the one with a "singer" in it...? lol

So our beloved little tramp unitentionally became an "opera ghost" for one night, hmmm? Perhaps you should have warned him to keep his hand at the level of his eyes, JUST in case... ;-)

More later!

LADYMALLARD chapter 12 . 3/2/2011
I really loved this last chapter to a truely amazing story. It had everything, redemption, revelation, ( I must say that I was surprised by the connection between the two singers I never would have seen that coming) the romance blosseming on Sonya's part and the funny scene on the swing between Charlie and Sonya was so cute. I kinda figured he would leave though in the end. Charlie isn't one to stay put in one place for long, dispite his love for Sonya, he knows their lives wouldn't fit together. But, there is always the chance that he and she would meet again, Brava! (the female version of Bravo) Great Job! I can't wait to continue your other story and I look forward to the next adventure with the Little Tramp!
LADYMALLARD chapter 11 . 3/2/2011
AH HA! With the discovery of the second murder weapon, the "Murderers" are revaeled, I must say it made perfect sense when the hights of the witnesses were revealed and when the foresic evidence of the knife wounds was introduced. I began to think of who might have the best reason to want Edmund dead and want to also blame Charlie. Like in the Perry Mason tv show, after all the facts were in, the Tenor and the French Diva ratted out each other in this dramatic courthouse scene. "Hip Hip Horay!" The case is solved and Charlie is proven innocent. You did a Great Job, with all that difficult to get right, court jargin too! On to the next chapter...
LADYMALLARD chapter 10 . 3/2/2011
Wow, this has been a very interesting intrigging chapter, with evidence mounting for sure. The DA is a sly fellow, reminds me of the 1930's version of the DA on Perry Masion (a favorite show of mine) and Charlie's lawyer with all his technic and attention to detail, is like the great tv Lawyer himself. The information about the murderer is very telling about who might be the murderer...I won't say what I suspect, but will wait to see if my suspicions pan out. On to the next chapter.
LADYMALLARD chapter 9 . 3/2/2011
This was a neat turn of events, Sonya's father is convinsted that the Little Tramp is being framed and has inlisted a brilliant detective and Lawyer friend of his to prove Charlie's innocents, Bravo for Ed. I hope they can come up with enough evidence to do it quickly. What will they find and who is the real murderer? On to the next chapter to find out.
LADYMALLARD chapter 8 . 3/2/2011
Things are certainly happening fast in this chapter. First Charlie escapes, then is caught for riding the rails, gets out and takes up a new job and is caught again, by Sonya no less. He gets away again only to turn himself in to the police, after telling Carol the lady in the diner about what happened the night of the murder. Wow, talk about alot of action in one chapter. What will happen now that he is in jail for a crime he didn't commit? Well it's on to the next chapter to find out...
LADYMALLARD chapter 7 . 3/2/2011
What a way for Sonya to lose Edmund after such a happy and wonderful time. Sonya is devistated over her loss and just isn't thinking right or she wouldn't belive that Charlie could do such a thing. The evidence is damming ofcourse, but purely circumstantial and Charlie has runaway compounding the belief that he commited the crime. Who could have murdered Edmund and why? Did Charlie just happen on the scene or was he lured to the scene of the crime? What will happen now, on to the next chapter to find out...
LADYMALLARD chapter 6 . 3/2/2011
This chapter was both sweet and sad, Sonya is loving her new carear, (even though she is being bugged by the French Diva) and in love for the first time in her young life, but not with Charlie, a hansom singer has stolen her heart. Charlie understands ofcourse even though it is not what he would have wanted. Being a good friend is all he can hope for and he is her good friend for sure. I enjoyed this chapter alot and now on to the next one...
LADYMALLARD chapter 5 . 3/2/2011
This was a terrific chapter with a wonderful mix of comic highjinks and a lovely thoughtful jester on Charlie's part to help the girl he has fallen for in a big way, to get the break she deserves as an Opera performer. Sonya was certainly surprised when the fellow in charge if hiring the performers wanted her to change jobs. No more scrubbing the theater for her, how great and all thanks to The little Tramp. What will happen when Sonya reports for her new job? How will her dad react? Charlie will be pleased I'm sure...now on to the next chapter.
LADYMALLARD chapter 4 . 3/1/2011
Sounds like it was kismet for Charlie and Sonya to meet, now he has a room and a job thanks to their mutual attraction. I love the way she introduces Charlie to her dad and how Edward and Charlie banter with each other. All is well for the Little Tramp at the moment. What will happen next I wonder? Great Chapter...on to the next.
02AngelBaby75 chapter 12 . 2/25/2011
Jumping anacondas! I remember this now! I remember reading this awhile ago, and I'm glad you put it up in chapters, makes it a little bit easier. Thanks for such lovely Charlie memories, back when I was still staying up till two in the morning watching his films or reading stories like this. (I still do, but much less often now xD) Just such a lovely little story, I wish more people could see this. You have Charlie written perfectly and I really liked Sonya, the two of them were plain ADORABLE. Bravo! I'm actually clapping right now, I promise!
LADYMALLARD chapter 3 . 2/22/2011
This was fast paced and funny playing on the incident on stage. With Charlie and Sonya both dressed up and Sonya mistaking charlie as the Phantom of the Opera. I'd be a bit freeked out if I where her too, see a masked stranger right out of that movie come to life in front of my eyes. The part where they finally meet and begin talking that they realize the mistake, and quickly become friends. I loved the entire chapter, it was put together very well and now on to the next one...