Reviews for The Fishbowl Vignettes
SmilinStar chapter 8 . 1/6
So I'm off sick from work and out of nowhere I get hit by this random wave of Ugly Betty nostalgia, and next thing I know I'm just reading one DB fanfic after fanfic, falling down that wormhole of clicking on authors' favourites and jumping from one to the next, and I realise that I had read a lot of DB fanfic back in the day. A lot. It was one of my very first fandoms that I completely fell into - fanfic, videos, obsessing over on forums, and of course on LJ. Which is where I first read this oh so long ago. And I remember reading this vividly, because it was one of the very first UB fics I'd read.

I remember reading the ficlets out of order and being completely blown away by the prose and dialogue, and the way the story all fit together beautifully. I remember that achey feeling I got in my chest at how you so fully captured Daniel's longing and the dueling hope and hopelessness of his feelings. I don't think I had an LJ back then, and I never left a comment, but I feel like now that I've found this fic again, I need to and I owe you that. I can't quite explain how, but these vignettes left a lasting impression on me, and I think subconsciously changed the way I approached my own storytelling and writing. Now my writing has continued to evolve, shaped by many other writers, but I just wanted to say this piece holds a special place in my heart. It's just beautiful. And I don't know if you still even receive reviews for your fics any more, since you wrote this so long ago, but I just really wanted to say thank you for writing this. And I'm so happy I found it again.
AbiMN chapter 8 . 11/2/2014
This is like the 20th time I've read this story. It's so sweet, with great growth in each of the main characters in brief glimpses. I really enjoyed this new history you give them together and am so happy that they dive head first into their new lives. Thanks for writing!
Guest chapter 8 . 6/25/2013
This was so incredible.
Mrs-N-Uzumaki chapter 8 . 3/4/2013
"I'm not going anywhere."

I love how Betty knows Daniel so well :3
Mrs-N-Uzumaki chapter 7 . 3/4/2013
And just like that, he realized that Betty had a list of her own.

This line. Right here.
Mrs-N-Uzumaki chapter 6 . 3/4/2013
He hadn't realized it until now, but his hand was clenched tightly in Betty's. Or was it hers in his?

I love this line!
Mrs-N-Uzumaki chapter 5 . 3/4/2013
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWW! X3333
Mrs-N-Uzumaki chapter 4 . 3/4/2013
Aww, this is so sweet!
Mrs-N-Uzumaki chapter 3 . 3/3/2013
D'awww! These two share such an amazing bond!
Mrs-N-Uzumaki chapter 2 . 3/3/2013
These two are so adorable together x3
Mrs-N-Uzumaki chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
K&SJFLKJ#EFLK ML#KSFMSLKJF OH THE FLUFFNESS .
dettylover chapter 4 . 2/23/2011
You are on a roll: one hilarious and in-character chapter after another!
dettylover chapter 3 . 2/23/2011
This was so beautiful:

"You're welcome," Daniel said back. "Though I have to say that this goes both ways. You get a night like tonight and I get a comrade-in-arms against my mother."

"Don't trivialize it," Betty said seriously.

"Excuse me?"

Betty put her hand on top of his. "You've come so far, Daniel. A couple of years ago, nothing like this would ever have even crossed your mind. The fact that you're doing it says so much about the man you've become. So don't trivialize it. Not when it means so much for each of us."

The words struck deep and Daniel took a moment before turning his hand to squeeze hers. "Well, we know who I have to thank for that."
dettylover chapter 1 . 2/23/2011