Reviews for Of Sketch Pads and Shadows
YouSpoonyAuthor chapter 28 . 6/6
Wow. What a finish to an incredible tale. Outstanding job, mate. Now to go hunt down that sequel.
YouSpoonyAuthor chapter 27 . 6/6
told you, didn't I?" Setzer screamed to the skies, "She's the fastest ship in the world!" With another shout of primal joy he gunned the engines and sent the ship streaking through the clouds.

I legitimately got goosebumps when I read that section, and the modified Setzer's Theme that kicks in at that exact moment popped into my head at the perfect time. Wow.
YouSpoonyAuthor chapter 26 . 6/6
That is a darn good one-liner at the end of a darn good boss battle.
YouSpoonyAuthor chapter 25 . 6/5
Ah yes, the last peaceful chapter before the proverbial poop hits the proverbial fan. SO. MUCH. CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!
"I am Cyan, retainer to the king of Figaro. And your worst nightmare."
It just works. Also, Shadow telling Relm her father was a coward who deserved whatever terrible fate came his was just hurt on so many levels. When is he going to spill it? Can he, after that line? Will Kefka take them down and rule the planet forever? Find out next time, on "Of Sketch Pads and Shadows!"
YouSpoonyAuthor chapter 23 . 6/5
To quote Ceodore from FF IV The After Years,
"That was intense."
YouSpoonyAuthor chapter 22 . 6/5
Of course the insane, horrifyingly powerful clown has to make things difficult. And Shadow won't face his past, only making it all harder. Dang it, dude. Just say it with me. "My name is Clyde Arrowny." Strago may or may not decapitate you, but it will break the illusions.
YouSpoonyAuthor chapter 15 . 6/4
Owain deserved so much more out of life than he got... What was the kid, eight? Ten? And nobody ever should have to go through what Cyan did. Fittingly, autocorrect keeps trying to change Owain's name to Pain. Clearly a coincidence, but... Ironically, I brought Relm into Cyan's Dream on my playthrough, and she was the only one that didn't ever get possessed. It got Sabin three times... I guess he was an emotional wreck of something and we didn't know. Sorry, I got completely sidetracked in a review. It's my thing, I guess. In any event, the story is incredibly good so far.
YouSpoonyAuthor chapter 8 . 6/3
'The household, and the surrounding area, was then treated to a vivid description of what the young artist would do to one very unlucky assassin the next time she saw him.

She's going to use my chainsaw to do WHAT?

Note to self, if I ever make Relm mad, just use a Blitz on myself to get it over with quickly.

I was a bloody general and I don't know some of those curses!'

And that, kids, is why Relm is the best fanfiction character in FFVI. SO. MUCH. PERSONALLY.
dfghjk.dfgf chapter 28 . 3/9/2017
This is my second time finishing this story, and it's still my favorite piece of fanfiction of all time. Hands down, no questions asked. I'm sure this isn't my last time reading it, I truly love Shadow, Relm, Interceptor, and Strago's makeshift family. I hope to read more FF6 works from you in the future, but I understand you may not be interested in that. Either way, thank you for this amazing story.
tetraforce theory chapter 28 . 3/5/2017
Realized I never commented on this, but I know I PM'd with you. Just came to add it to my favorites.
bobosmith01 chapter 28 . 8/31/2015
Well, after a while or not having internet, I finished the story. I love it. It's beautiful. Thank you.
Dorian Pavus chapter 28 . 8/1/2015
This is a great story. I hope someday you write a story about the reveal of Shadow's identity and its consequences. Thank you for writing that story. It's the best Final Fantasy FanFic I have ever had the pleasurr of reading
jeff.howard.78 chapter 28 . 7/12/2015
Great epilogue. It feels good to read about Shadow adjusting to normal life, so I'm glad you included it. As for having not revealed his identity, it's fine that you left it to the imagination of the reader. By the way, I also liked the way The Last of Us ended. If you know what I'm talking about, then you should understand situations in which nondisclosure is sometimes necessary.

All and all, your 5-year "labor of love" is a great first start, and hopefully many more stories will come of it. I hope to read more fan fictions from you in the future!

Thanks so much for posting this, and sharing your skills and imagination with the world. All the best to you in the future!
jeff.howard.78 chapter 27 . 7/12/2015
Beautiful! A highly action-packed and satisfying ending, with a brilliant blend of flashbacks, as the ghosts of Shadow's past help to give him closure, as well as the strength to move forward.

I loved how he and Interceptor were able to see them, and they stayed by his side until the very end, never giving up on him. By example, that cemented his own promise never to give up on his own family. The family "bond" passed from one generation to the next, and brings a tear to my eyes just thinking about it. Well done!
jeff.howard.78 chapter 26 . 7/10/2015
Wow! Four epic battles - I'm exhausted! It was extremely satisfying at the end. 3 Ultimas Grand Delta (mega) Flare through the gut. Nice. :-D

Also, Shadow's final quote reminds me a bit of Sigourney Weaver's famous, "Get away from her, you B!TCH!" from Aliens. Always nice to have a memorable line like that.