Reviews for Graveyard Shift
Carthage chapter 8 . 10/15/2010
Pure Awesomeness!
KaneBuddy chapter 8 . 9/21/2010
I promised a longer review, so here I go!

I'm sure this isn't the first time that you've received a message such as this, but I thought it was necessary after reading this story.

For a great deal of time I have written my own unposted stories in my free time, and look for inspiration in everything. I also read just about anything I can find that truly interests me. In recent years I have had little time to do much more than write a little at a time, and do college course work, so the occasional fanfic I read is usual chosen with a great deal of speculation and not a great deal of expectation. Of the many Mass Effect fanfiction stories I have given the benefit of the doubt, only three authors have actually managed to continuously captivate me and draw me back in for more. For the most part I consider the idea of faniction to be nothing more than a person's expression of creativity and respect for the original authors ability to provide us with a story that truly moved us to put our own work out there for any and all readers to scrutinize. Few have actually seemed to take this seriously, or at least lack the talent to do something great with their creativity in the form of the English language. In short, I can barely stomach most people's attempts to draw new ideas that seemed rehashed, too cliche, and trite at this point (Shepard always remaining confident and not having any PTSD, the Citadel being portrayed as a perfect, clean space station).

When I stumbled upon Graveyard Shift, I remained skeptical, mainly because the title was unusual and not very attention getting. But as soon as I read the first chapter I realized I had stumbled upon a masterpiece. I was in awe at the well-detailed battle scenes and character complexity, in AWE. A feeling I thought I would never feel from reading fanfiction. I seem to only enjoy new and fresh ideas in literature, and as a result Graveyard Shift is one of the unique, well-written fanfic stories that I can really get into. So it with these thoughts in mind that I thank you for your hard work you spend writing, and I will continue to check out your new work. Hell, I might make an account just to put an alert on this story. Keep up the work and I'll be back for sure.

Best of luck

KaneBuddy
KaneBuddy chapter 8 . 9/19/2010
Near-perfect work so far, I'll have a longer review up later.
Kate Loc chapter 8 . 9/15/2010
This is so great! I hope you didn't quit...
Feneris chapter 8 . 8/30/2010
Great story, detailed, yet not telling us everything we already know.
danzilla3 chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
Damn it! First Forward, and now this? ONE PERSON IS NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE TWO STORIES THIS AWESOME!
Anon chapter 8 . 8/4/2010
The best thing I have ever read.
Ch33f chapter 8 . 7/3/2010
Don't give up on this, it's WAY too epic.
David chapter 8 . 6/18/2010
This is incredible.
RiotDragon chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
So far so good in my opinion. Loved the first chapter and plan to read more. There is really only one question I have about yours and other peoples story. What exactly is the overwhelming fascination with the Ruthless/Renegade Shepard? It's the same with Fable as well. Perhaps you could answer this query.
BETAZ chapter 8 . 6/9/2010
Fantastic. The assault was very well done and the combat didn't feel clunky, even with such a large squad.

Outstanding job!
dyslecksec chapter 8 . 6/7/2010
I really enjoyed this chapter, especially your descriptions of the teamwork exhibited by Shepard's group.
Bienvendio Canonizado chapter 8 . 6/7/2010
Hello! My Name is Bienvenido Canonizado, Canonizado,I'm a visually-disabled (blind) graduate student from the Philippines. Just dropped by to express my admiration for your writing-style... You are possibly one of the most skilled web-based authors that I have encountered in my time as a fanatic of fantasy/science fiction.

You should really try to finish this particular story, that I am reviewing right now. My younger brother enjoys this story very much, but has terminal lung cancer and will probably leave this world by September.

You know,your writing means very much to me, recently I just lost my sense of sight; and quite honestly it has been so hard adjusting to a life without being able to pick-up another printed book. Currently,I depend on my computer to read stories to me on-line,this is with the help of a screen-reading program. And let me tell you,ever since I discovered fan-fiction I couldn't stop reading, and this story is one of the best I've ever read. Please understand,your stories give me the strength to continue... (I'll not dwell on that fact too much.)

I believe your talents are a God-given gift so that you may bring happiness to those who value this genre. I have never read a better Mass Effect story and I have a feeling this will remain the best.

So, Please, Please, Please, Please... Do not give up on this story...

Continue your updates and please don't give up.

Bienvenido S. Canonizado

"There are more things in heaven and earth Horatio,then are dreamt of in your Philosophy..."
jagfast chapter 8 . 6/7/2010
Fantastic work as usual.

Can't wait for the next chapter!
TX115 chapter 8 . 6/7/2010