Reviews for His Own Man
Honeydew's Long Lost Sister chapter 31 . 5/19
This is so good! I know this hasn't been updated since like, 4 years ago, but I still think that you should continue this! :D I just love the way you write Sirius, he's so cute! :D Also, yeeesssss SCREW YOU ALBUS! YOU DECEPTIVE LITTLE- *censored to keep it PG* :P xD

If you do ever continue this story, I will say that I can't wait!
Mighty Pen 20 chapter 22 . 5/19
Dear lord... Honestly, I am no homophobe, but you really creeped the hell out of me with the hospital bed scene. 'You'd have to come inside me' ? Seriously, the scene couldn't get more gay even if you tried, haha.

And since I got started anyway, here is an actual review for the fic up to this chapter.

Firstly, your writing is solid, without mistakes. Peoples' characters come out strongly, and your narrative flows well mostly. Kudos on that. A slight annoyance is that you sometimes fall into a summary- like narration, but it does not happen a lot.

Plot wise: interesting stuff in general. You mixed the first two year's events, making things different enough. The idea of a Gryff Harry with a Slytherin backing definitely has merit.

That said, there were a few elements presented by you that felt really out of proportion within the story. A few of them are: the elder wand's 'repossession ' by Harry, the OWL exams, Harry's sudden revelation that Pettigrew is the traitor and an animagus without a semblance of a proper explanation, Harry's sudden revelation to Snape that Quirell is possessed by Voldemort. These things might make sense from Harry's - and in extension, the author's - perspective, but the actions, reactions and suspicions raised from the other characters from such events felt really underwhelming. And that just breaks the suspension of disbelief a little bit. It is basically like having the hero in a story drop an atomic bomb on a country, and have the other characters say, ' Oh well, boom.'

Finally, a minor formatting issue: When dialogue quotes close, but the sentence is not over, you are supposed to use a comma before closing said quotes. ( "I am hungry," he said. )

In conclusion: you definitely have quite an interesting story here. Some small issues set it back a little, but you have done a good job in general.
Jane chapter 1 . 5/16
Dear author!

Recently I have read your fanfic "His Own Man", and I want to say that it is really great! Thank you very much for writing it! my opinion.

Would you mind terribly, if I translate this fic into Russian language and publish it on Fanrus website ( .com)? I will state everywhere that I am just a translator and you are the author of the fic. Also, all the additional information (like your email or website) can be published, if you wish.

Thank you once again for your wonderful work!

Jana P. S. I'm sorry, but my message, you did not answer ..
534667lc chapter 31 . 5/12
Love your story now following! . Please update soon!
FeatherTreeForest chapter 20 . 5/10
Lol I can just imagine Remus insisting on buying books on child development and care.
Terahlyanwe chapter 31 . 5/9
I'm on tenterhooks! What happens next? Who took the ring? D:
misherukuro chapter 31 . 5/7
Thanks for the excellent read. ~,~
Shade chapter 31 . 5/6
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

it stoped :(
brnkofeternity06 chapter 31 . 5/5
This is by far the best story I've read! I love it! I really do. I only hope you'll update sometime soon. It would make my day! :D
Espied7 chapter 31 . 5/4
I love this story! It's a well thought-out time travel story, quite rare in and of itself, plus the plot is intriguing. I hope you come back to it!
laxmad chapter 31 . 5/1
Arrrgh, where's the next button! I know this fic hasn't been updated since '11 but I'm really enjoying what's up here.
Hopefully you get back to it at some point!
PoppedTheP chapter 31 . 5/1
I love this story so much! It's one of my absolute fav HP AUs and I really hope you return to it and finish it one day. So much glorious potential. I especially love your Narcissa and Lucius. And your Severus. And Sirius and Harry. And Draco. Really I could just read this all day. Another 30 chapters please!
Markus Ramikin chapter 31 . 4/29
I enjoyed this a good deal more than most other "Harry goes back in time" stories I've seen. Nonprotagonist characters are actually thinking, and revising their ideas according to developments, that's a good thing. Dumbledore doesn't quite come across as the usual broken record he is in typical "manipulative Dumbledore" fics. (In fact the only groanworthy idiot here is Harry, for how childishly he behaves in the first chapters, and for how relatively little he thinks things through given how this is a second runthrough for him and he has ample time to prepare for things, like the Bludger attack.). The Malfoy angle was a good way for Harry to get some support. The problems with Sirius and Remus are convincing. And I like your Flitwick.

I just wish that timetravel stories didn't so invariably involve Harry at least partly turning "the attention-hating Harry Potter from canon" into "author avatar for the purpose of being a smartass". It's always obnoxious, though your story is less bad about it than some.

Still, overall an enjoyable read and I hope you continue.
Markus Ramikin chapter 1 . 4/28
"If Sirius hadn't got to prison without a trial – and as Chief Mugwump it was your duty to ensure that he had one!"

You mean Supreme Mugwump... and actually you mean Chief Warlock, because that's the role Dumbledore held that had anything at all to do with magical Britain's justice system. Supreme Mugwump (of the International Confederation of Wizards) has nothing to do with it.

"That's why we had such crap Defense professors. You didn't want me to fight. You wanted me to stand there and die."

No. They had crap defense professors because the position was cursed and nobody wanted it. I can understand Harry's teenage brain biasing reality to justify more strongly his need for rebellion, but Dumbledore does not suffer from that problem and should be pointing this out.
rigger42 chapter 26 . 4/28
Ok I'm a little lost here. Does Harry think Remus knows about the abuse and is trying to send him back?
4,784 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »