Reviews for His Own Man
Ryoji Mochizuki chapter 31 . 2/4
amaazing fanfic, please keep up the good work
MikeyBlue chapter 31 . 2/4
Great
May Eve chapter 1 . 2/3
I think the most frustrating thing about this story being abandoned is that I'll never find out what's going on with the unicorn. Still, thank you from the bottom of my heart for writing and sharing this fantastic fic!
HarryxD.Grayman chapter 31 . 1/24
I'm guessing you're not gonna finish? It's been 6 years after all. Well regardless I love this story, and while I'm a bit sad I'll not see your ending I'm so happy to have had the privilege to see your begining. I was so looking forward to your take on the Triwizard tournament..
Nathalie008 chapter 31 . 1/24
Hi
Are you gonna write more on this story?
Please tell me you are
Ender the multiverse Detective chapter 31 . 1/22
Very good
jcampbellohten chapter 31 . 1/15
OoooooooOOOOOH! Someone else knows about the riiiiing! Harry's in trooouuubllllllle!

I like that the adults aren't oblivious to Harry's inconsistencies. I hope Flitwick's conclusion is time travel or something else relatively benign, and not horcruxes or something else along the lines of a rising dark lord. I like that Flitwick, at least, sees the differences between Harry and Tom Riddle. On the note of that scene, a bunch of people said Voldemort whom I would have expected to say You-Know-Who or some such. Also, there were a few instances in the past few chapters, including once or twice in that scene—well, I guess it's a whole chapter, but still—where there was an uncomfortably long diversion in the narration separating ends of an unbroken thought or spoken sentence.

I'm grateful that the current stopping point isn't a cliffhanger. More, please!
while i hate that this story...or hopefully, just your muse... has been abandoned/abandon you, you should know that i sincerely enjoy it, and was so pleased to rediscover it, that i've read it in pretty much one big gulp. while i, among so many others, would dearly love for this to continue, ending where it does could read as an ending while necessary. thank you for a lovely read.
Dude i hate you please finish and i will love you
jcampbellohten chapter 24 . 1/14
What.

That ending. What.

I'm really glad I don't have to wait for the next chapter. I hope this isn't going the route of another cliche, this time "Everyone turns on Harry and he's thrown in Azkaban".
jcampbellohten chapter 21 . 1/14
Yooo, that was cool! I totally forgot it was still first year and Quirrellmort was still a thing, and to have the two Voldemorts face off was a great angle to take. I'm curious whether Harry was healed in his capacity as Master of Death or by ingesting unicorn blood, or perhaps some other unicorn-related mean.
jcampbellohten chapter 19 . 1/14
I like how you've brought up some things I've never thought of or seen addressed before, like the question of Sirius being insane from Azkaban even if he held on to the knowledge that he was innocent oand... I forget at the moment but I'm sure there're more, and your other original ideas, like the entrance to Hufflepuff and the snakes carved in the walls of Slytherin. I don't like the twins using that fanon switch-speakers-midsentence mode of speech. I don't like the "heir of all founders" thing, either, but you hinted that that's plot-related, so I can let it go.

I mostly like the moderate stance you take with Dumbledore: I dislike he parts where he's apparently evil, but I like that you temper it with him at least making something good with some of the things he's done against Harry, like the scholarships and the fact that it turned out the party he tried to keep Harry from could have been life-threatening if not for the friends Harry had made watching out for him. I like the hinting at some things being fated, such as—well, I was going to say Draco becoming Harry's rival instead of a friend, but that was apparently rooted in ideology Draco was taught before the point when Harry came back, not something that chance or fate or whatever twisted around to cancel out Harry's changes. I like the "keep someone handy to stop injustices" trope.

The dramatic irony regarding Draco and the diary is frustrating. Will Snape knowing or at least suspecting about the time travel ever be addressed? Will Harry ever start dating a classmate when they get older? I want to know more about these things.

I hope this continues, because I'm not sure it's complete and I'll be sad when I reach the end if it's not.
jcampbellohten chapter 3 . 1/13
I like how he's a descendant of a founder, but it's not a big deal because 'lol, so is everyone else.' I also like his efforts to stomp out inter-house prejudices before they start.
Ducky1776 chapter 31 . 1/12
Awwwwww! I hope at some point you come back to this.
Awwwwww. Sorry to see you end it here. I hope someday you think about restarting this.
5,121 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »