Reviews for His Own Man
AliceHeart13 chapter 31 . 7/15
I like it. Please add more soon.
Waiting in Hope,
Aly
Oh no... You wouldn't... Noooooo
awesomeness-rocks chapter 31 . 7/14
Such a good story.
So sad it is abandoned
1066wthec chapter 31 . 7/11
please update, teh story is getting really really good.
This is a great work! i love how the story progresses and the way that your writing gives each character emotional depth. Id love to see this story resolve.
the-nocturnal-authoress chapter 31 . 6/30
Please update! This is amazing!
SortingHat chapter 9 . 6/25
Ever heard of a Mary Sue? You should look up expertise on that and then relook your story and you'll be shocked.

I believe the male version is a Gary Stu.
SortingHat chapter 3 . 6/25
:( Poor Harry. I wonder if they could use touch screens to do the sorting process where it scans your DNA by finger print then asks a series of questions with no right/wrong answer then has a database of possible responses to match the answers for the best possible house.

The house themselves will be more secured then just a stupid password using the latest RFID security clearance technology and students will carry a *card* with them they scan to enter/leave a house and class room to *clock* them. Kinda like a time card.
GoldenGryphon chapter 31 . 6/25
Howdy!
I love this story. It's the first of it's type that I've read that didn't come off as a Mary Sued HP overly dominating the world and solving all problems and winning the war before Christmas First Year. Your story is more realistic in that Harry is making mistakes while he tries to do what he sees as right, even as he's being targeted by people he used to trust. Tough stuff.

I hope that your life as simply taken a turn and that the plot bunny you were nurturing for this story has temporarily escaped. These things happen. You can't force writing, good or bad, and you definitely can't force the continuing of a story that has run out of steam. I see so much potential in this plot line that I'd love to see it continued, but Life can run up and bite anyone.
As I have yet to actually post anything to FF, there are some who think that I either don't or can't write. Neither is true. I participate in NaNoWriMo (and win) every year for the past many moons and actually have some fanfic of my own that I work on when the mood and bunnies attack. Unfortunately, my spouse is a prolific fanfic writer with a devoted and rabid following. I have seen the evils of *that* side of things (the notes, PMs and emails to update on demand, re-write something they disagreed with, demand certain plots or ideas be written, ... basically people demanding things that he is not interested or willing to do), and I know the frustration (both personal and through him) of having a story pour out of your fingers until it suddenly stops. And nothing you can do at that point brings it back.
Whether it's Life that has pulled you away, a change in interest, or maybe you've said what you wanted to by bringing us a new look at a different type of character, I can hope that you will someday rediscover your interest and continue this story line in some form.
I'm terrible about wanting to know "And then what happened?"

Best thoughts and hoping that all is well in your world, I remain GoldenGryphon.
Madel chapter 31 . 6/24
Please please please don't abandon this fic. It is so utterly fun and interesting
Alibi Nonsense chapter 31 . 6/22
I love this! I read it over two days, and it was so hard to let go of it to go to bed; you have no idea! The manipulations of Dumbledore, and the staff going behind his back, and nobody knowing what he's thinking... and then how awesome Harry is, with all the extra skills as a 7th year turned 1st year, and the OWL results! XD
Merlin, though! The interhouse relations are absolutely fantastic and intricate, and you've introduced enough OCs that it doesn't feel contrived, but not enough to be boring, and the pranks are so awesome, and the Black-is-more-insane twist is just gorgeous...
I love it, love it, love it!
scarlettmeadows chapter 31 . 6/19
Such an amazing fic! :D Really. Thank you for posting it! :) And seeing as I'm fairly confident you're alive, per your profile, I'm eagerly anticipating the next chapter :D
scarlettmeadows chapter 22 . 6/19
I feel so sad reading this...because it's amazing, and I know it hasn't been updated in 5 years :P so when I reach the last chapter...that's probably it :( :( :( I don't want this to end!
roshanbevinjames25041997 chapter 31 . 6/16
awesome story please continue it or atleast let us know if you are going to abandon it dude! it's already been a hell of a lotta years!
Kurama's Foxy Rose chapter 31 . 6/13