Reviews for His Own Man
Lilyannenora chapter 15 . 16h
The chamber of secrets opened once again?
-.- There is only one idiot able to do that, considering all the clues you've already written... Mini-Malfoy Sr.
Narcissa whom has got a bad feeling about him, Draco keeping a journal and being incredibly distant from Harry suddenly, and having actually access to it since before second year, the horcruxe was in the M. Manor...
Anyway, I'm still not very far in the story but I have to say that for now I really like the plot . Good work~~!
shookenuppepsi chapter 31 . 19h
I'm not a fan of Super!Harry stories as a whole because it generally means that the story will just be one deus ex machina after another with continuity and grammar errors by the dozen. I genuinely enjoyed this story, however. While many things don't quite make sense like why Harry would voluntarily demonstrate so much of his power if he actually did want to lie low or why adults just seem to accept Harry's knowledge above his years, once I accepted that this wasn't a story to be *believed*, I was able to appreciate the fun.

I love Harry's alliances with the pranksters of Gryffindor as well as the polite scions of Slytherin. Narcissa us probably my favorite character with how cold and yet how loving she is. You balance those two opposites really well to make her an interesting character.

That Harry randomly got such high scores on his OWLS didn't make any sense because he was able to absorb knowledge in life or death situations in canon, but his strength was never in straight schooling. Also, his muggle studies OWL didn't make sense because I am positive a muggleborn has taken the class at some point in the past and would know more than Harry who was raised in a cupboard.

But those issues where I would normally be too irritated to keep reading were smoothed over by the lack of grammatical errors and also a general sense of plot continuity. Combining the Voldemort problems of the first two books was an interesting way to keep canon events fresh. Anyway, I quite enjoyed this. It makes a good break from the more angsty stuff I usually read.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 31 . 8/23
good fic.
sierra.steinbrecher chapter 28 . 8/17
What is Filius up to? And may I just say I loved how you played the relationship between Severus and Harry. By the way, the reason I haven't reviewed before this was because I was so caught up in your glorious work that I couldn't take the time to review. I had to find out what happened next!
Simianpower chapter 30 . 8/16
Really? The "using the Prince's shortcuts is cheating" trope? Seriously? Because following instructions from a book in a class that's all about recipes (i.e. following instructions in a book) is cheating. That's like saying if you read about plays from a professional team, and use them in your home game, that's cheating. Even if there are no rules against those plays, and they work better than the plays your buddy came up with.

This story is becoming truly stupid. And Harry, not even noticing that the thing he went to go get was gone when he KNEW that things had gotten torn up, is even stupider. I don't think it's worth reading any further. You clearly ran out of ideas after shoving the first three years into one. Making the protagonists dumber than they are, turning them into caricatures of themselves (Remus, Dumbledore, etc), is just a crutch to a bad writer. This story had such promise, but it's failed. Final verdict, 4 out of 10 for keeping my interest this long.
Toad-sage66 chapter 1 . 8/16
evil or not ii cannot get enough of Lucius x narcissa
Will you finish this story ?
I love this !
Simianpower chapter 28 . 8/16
Snape would have a lot more luck "influencing" Harry if he weren't such an asshole to him. It's hard to influence someone who can't stand you.
Simianpower chapter 25 . 8/16
Wow. Your Remus is actively evil. Not necessarily intentionally, but he's so colossally stupid that he does the wrong thing every single chance. I'm not quite sure how you managed to write such a horrible character, since Remus in canon is fairly thoughtful and caring. He's so out of character here you shouldn't even use the canon name.
Simianpower chapter 20 . 8/16
I'm actually starting to hate this Harry. He KNOWS the signs of diary possession, he KNOWS that Malfoy is acting unusual compared to how he started the year, he KNOWS that Lucius was the one who had the diary to start with... and yet "the only thing he knows is that it's not Malfoy". Umm... really? It doesn't even occur to him to fucking check? He's actually too stupid to live.

And yeah, Remus is a complete tool. "Dumbledore would never" bullshit even after there's PROOF that Dumbles let Remus go to prison, proof that he stole from Harry, proof of all kinds of things. Remus is unrealistically stupid in this story. You're trying too hard to follow canon despite shoving the first three years into one. And it's annoying. I'm not sure how much longer I can read this. It started out at a solid 8 out of 10, but it's down to about 5 now because of too much unnecessary stupidity.
Simianpower chapter 19 . 8/15
"Merlin, I'm as dumb as a troll!" Yes. This. Absolutely this. Harry went back in time to "fix things", but hasn't done jack shit about all the things that he knows need to be fixed. He didn't go horcrux hunting because he didn't have a wand, but then after he got his wand he had a month to grab some horcruxes and didn't do it. He knew about the basilisk, and about the cockerels, and I had expected that taking care of that would be priority #1, in chapter two or three, but he never did it. He's been an absolute moron throughout this story, acting like his prior self with a bit more magical knowledge and mostly ignoring his future knowledge. I know, I know, hundreds of fics have him come back and solve everything in a week, but if you're NOT having him do that, when that was the specific reason he did come back, you have to give reasons that he didn't do it. Is he just a fucking idiot, or has his mind gone mushy from the time travel, or what? There's clearly something wrong with this plot, and it's very frustrating because I'm not sure if the author just doesn't know what he's doing or if Harry has become an airhead who would rather waste his time with pointless pranks than solve the problems he came back to solve.
Simianpower chapter 17 . 8/15
How is it that Harry hasn't lost the Elder Wand by now? We know from canon that wands can be taken from enemies defeated while using them (see: Bellatrix, Malfoy, etc), and that the Elder Wand switches loyalty even if its owner is defeated while using another wand (again, Malfoy). So since Harry is teaching disarming spells, it's tough to believe that nobody EVER defeats him, and thus takes the loyalty of the most fickle of all wands.
madnessdownunder2 chapter 14 . 8/9
Hmm is a certain diary making itself known? The timing is a little off, but not by much! Nice work!
Ahsilaa chapter 31 . 8/7
Are you gonna continue? Cause it has been a while and I know myself that sometimes you just don't want to write but I think I speak for all your readers: this is a great story and it would be a shame to not have it finished.
4,829 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »