Reviews for His Own Man
mwinter1 chapter 3 . 10/30/2009
Okay, wow I have never seen a story where the hat won't sort. That's a good one. Can't wait for the next chapter. Hope for it soon.
Airlady chapter 3 . 10/30/2009
Offering to escort the girls was a nice touch. Good discussion with the sorting hat.
Slytherin66 chapter 3 . 10/30/2009
Very enjoyable chapter it is good things are going well between all the different groups I hope Harry is a Slytherin. Draco could be a good friend way better than Ron and Daphne was an interesting twist. Nice way to end the chapter I hope Albus does not gain control of Harry, I look forward to the next chapter.
BioHazard82 chapter 2 . 10/26/2009
Great story so far. Please update soon, and often.
BioHazard82 chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Interesting start to your story.
Airlady chapter 2 . 10/22/2009
This is a clever independent Harry story.
Corwalch chapter 2 . 10/21/2009
Nice twist on the Harry goes back in time story. All too many make Harry either unbeleiveably powerful when he goes back oras knowledgeable as merlin. Good luck with this story and I look forward tot eh next update.
Sakura Lisel chapter 2 . 10/21/2009
Okay, I have a question about this chapter. Why hasn't the Malfoys said anything about some of the WIERD things harry said? Harry insulted both the Chudley Cannons and the The Dragons, saying that niether team was any good, yet at the same time admitted that he's never actually gone to a game to see either team play yet in order to make that statement about them. Plus for a muggle raised kid like him, he shouldn't even know that much about quiddich at all at this time, if he's never had anything to do the magical world until recently. *lol*

Plus I don't know why AMelia didn't question Harry further about what he supposedly remembered from the night his parents were killed. He was ONE year old. He should have forgotten a LOT of stuff over the years from his time with the Potters. His life with the Dursley's alone would be cause to forget the happier times he had with people he hasn't seen since he was a baby to help remind him of them. *lol*
shoreofeternity chapter 2 . 10/21/2009
Different, different but good. Finally, a decent one out of the other ones.
Nyos chapter 2 . 10/21/2009
I'm liking how this is going :D.
Bluesnowman chapter 2 . 10/21/2009
good job
David305 chapter 2 . 10/21/2009
Interesting story! I look forward to more.

Errors:

"master the art of Occulomency"

"occulomency for idiots"

should be Occlumency

The word Occlumency comes from Occludere, which means To Block. Similar to an Occluded Front in Meteorology. It is not connected to oculo- (eyes) or occulto- (darken, hidden).

Occlumens from Occlu- (Block), and Mens (Mind).

"legimancy for dummies" legilimency

"occulomency and legimency books" occlumency and legilimency

"The Wizgamot has yet to overrule it." Wizengamot

"go one to lead vital productive lives" go on

"plus a heafty tip" hefty

Having a beta to review and correct is always wise.

Keep it up!
Slytherin66 chapter 2 . 10/21/2009
Clever idea keeping the different letters, it is a welcome change to see Harry plan and consider his Slytherin traits. I hope Harry becomes friends with Draco and the Malfoys. The Weasleys and Granger will always be loyal to Albus never Harry and Ron is a jealous moron and Granger is the know it all who makes other fell stupid. Nice thinking considering Harry’s magical maturity rather than his age. Harry’s new truck was very impressive. When will we find out Harry’s O.W.L results? I hope Harry is in Slytherin and gets his gold artefacts back I look forward to him being free from Albus. A very enjoyable chapter nice and long as well I look forward to the next one, thanks.
So you want to be an Author chapter 2 . 10/21/2009
A good story so far. I personaly don't hate the Malfoys and I think you do them Justice (and I have a soft spot for Dumbledore bashing). I'm anxious for the continuation.
Hericus C chapter 2 . 10/21/2009
Excellent, I love a smart Harry. If he has passed his OWLs does that mean he will be going into the sixth year as an eleven year old?
5,875 | « Prev Page 1 .. 381 388 389 390 391 392 Next »